The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Console is having a few addons added to base game.. can we have them to?

MissBizz
MissBizz
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I am a HUGE add-on user. I feel ashamed to tell people how many to use as the number is extraordinary. I am NOT asking for ALL add-ons to be added into the game. I have even started trying to slim down on the add-ons I used. Although I have one question..

Can the add-on funcionalities (such as lootdrop - the only one I have seen confirmed) that are being added into the console base game, ALSO be added to the PC base game?

Add-on's are not necessary, this is true. Many people prefer to play without them. Although I imagine the added add-ons will have an "off" switch. Although, I think for many people, they are a huge improvement to how much we enjoy the game. We use add-ons because they make the game more convenient, or easier, for us. Furthermore, if ZOS really wanted the game to stay the way they originally created it.. they would not be adding these functionalities into the console version. To me this means that ZOS has recognized that some (although probably very few) are almost needed for the game, and therefore have chosen to to include them in console. As well.. if ZOS is not adding it into console, I think we should have to rely on add-ons for it.

But PC players have access to add-ons while console players do not. This is also true. But we also must heavily rely on add-on authors to continue updating their add-ons, and have seen a loss of many great add-ons at huge patches. Add-ons usually make it through the small updates, but for large ones.. if an author has not invested their time into testing the add-on on the PTS (which may not be exactly how it is released on live) we are left with errors, and add-ons that do not work. If ZOS feels the add-ons are worth their time for the console version, I do not believe they should be laying that responsibility on the shoulders of unpaid non-employee's (add on authors) to keep updated add ons available on pc.

Console users will have these tools available to them due to the fact ZOS recognized a large part of the PC community relied on these tools. Obviously we want these too.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you like to see any add-on funcionalities that are added to the console version, also be added to PC? Why or why not? While you're thinking about it, what add-ons do you believe should meet the "extremely needed" criteria and should be added to the base game (for console and pc alike)?

ZOS.. are there any plans or thoughts on this? Maybe I'm pleading for something that is already planned?

While I am at it... RIP Craft Store. I was fortunate to have the add on before it was removed... but know 1.6 will break it.

Add-ons I believe should be added to console and base game
-Lootdrop funcionality
-Minimap
-Can't remember the name.. Advanced inventory filters I think?
Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • DrDrakk
    DrDrakk
    Soul Shriven
    I am all for the idea, but I think it would be difficult. For instance, I don't use any of the addons you use. I use Master Merchant, SkyShards, and Harvester, the latter two I believe to be invaluable. I like the idea, but it seems doubtful with just how many people have such vastly differing opinions on which addons are "necessary" to enjoy the game. Here's to hoping someone figures this out.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Add ons ruin RP immersion .
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrDrakk wrote: »
    I am all for the idea, but I think it would be difficult. For instance, I don't use any of the addons you use. I use Master Merchant, SkyShards, and Harvester, the latter two I believe to be invaluable. I like the idea, but it seems doubtful with just how many people have such vastly differing opinions on which addons are "necessary" to enjoy the game. Here's to hoping someone figures this out.

Funny enough, I use all three of those. So it's not as differing as one would think.

As well, I don't actually use the advanced filters one, but have seen screenshots and would most definitely would be running it if I didn't have so many already. It essentially just allows "sub-categories" in your bag and bank. So rather than looking at "consumables" you can just select "foods". I can't imagine anyone NOT appreciating that addition, whether they use an add-on or not.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Hayuru
    Hayuru
    ✭✭
    I don't think consoles should get any add-ons. They are consoles, not PC. They don't even have a settings menu, do they?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »

And you are an avid PvP RP'er? Heh, sorry, I swear I see you around lots and I'm sure it's in a lot of PvP topics.

I could imagine they could, but that's why many games have an "off" switch. Don't want to have a minimap? "off"

Want to have auto loot on but absolutely no idea what your picking up, sure, change the switch to "off".

As I mentioned previously, I don't expect to see console to get 50 of the add-ons we have. All I'm asking is that any they deem "helpful" enough for console, I think should be considered "helpful" enough for us to have in the base game.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hayuru wrote: »
    I don't think consoles should get any add-ons. They are consoles, not PC. They don't even have a settings menu, do they?

.. .. ...Yes console games have settings menu's.

And technically, consoles will NOT have add-ons, but ZOS said they are taking some functionality of add-ons created for PC (lootdrop for example - which shows on screen what you looted) and actually building it into the base game.
  • KontrolledKhaos
    KontrolledKhaos
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS seems content to let the players do their job for them by forcing us to make addons for basic features that should have been there by default to begin with, instead of adding those features in themselves. Because adding in basic features is clearly too much work for ZOS.

So don't get your hopes up.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS seems content to let the players do their job for them by forcing us to make addons for basic features that should have been there by default to begin with, instead of adding those features in themselves. Because adding in basic features is clearly too much work for ZOS.

So don't get your hopes up.

The way ZOS handled add-ons has got to be one of the biggest PR/con jobs in gaming history. They claim they did us a favor by making a barebones UI that we are free to customize with add-ons. That is some slick salesmanship. Add-ons have proven again and again how blase and inefficient the bare UI is. In truth, I seem to recall ZO$ made noise about some UI updates for the PC after Console release. I certainly agree with OP that this would be a good thing. But I'm also not counting on anything ZO$ said may be in future patches.
    And OP, you absolutely should get AdvancedFilters if you have not already. It is so simply, yet amazingly useful.

And no need for non add-on users to chime in. We have different perspectives. All you need to keep you happy is an 'off' switch for add-on options.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • CodexMMO
    CodexMMO
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I sure hope they give us whatever they give consoles...full controller support, mini-maps, inventory management tools, loot collection tools, voice chat, etc...
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The UI certainly could use improvement. @Attorneyatlawl has written a pretty good analysis of what's wrong with it and how it could and should be improved.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    The UI certainly could use improvement. @Attorneyatlawl has written a pretty good analysis of what's wrong with it and how it could and should be improved.

Thank you for the mention :). If anyone would like to see my thoughts, hop on the link in my sig =).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    I agree xbox one needs addons. Honestly noone can complain about it running immersion. If you don't like it turn it off. Oh and never walk into a city because other children trolling will also ruin your immersion. We desperately need a dps and hps meter as well as a threat meter. It also would help to have a way to view other players gear (this would eliminate spending 4 hours on one dungeon boss because someone in medium armor things they're a tank.) a minimap and exp content would also be very useful, also obviously people that qq about these addons would be able to turn them off.
    [XB1] [NA] Stam Nightblade
  • PitchesBeTreble
    Ruin* not running. Exp counter* not content.
    [XB1] [NA] Stam Nightblade
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PitchesBeTreble Just so you are aware, ZOS is planning on adding buff trackers etc. into the base game. From what we have seen, I believe they are trying to keep the 2 platforms as alike as possible, and would think these will be added to console as well as PC. That may be a good questing to ask in the Ask Us Anything thread for ESO live though
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We desperately need a dps and hps meter as well as a threat meter.

There is not such thing as a threat meter, even with add-ons, because there is no threat system in game.

From what i understand (someone more versed would be able to explain it better) taunting doesn't work off of a threat system, either your taunt lands or it dosen't, once you taunt you have a period where you have control of the taunted mobs aggro and nobody can pull it off you without taunting themselves, once that drops you need to taunt again or anyone can pull it off of you, if you taunt too many times the mob becomes immune to taunt for a period of time.
    Edited by Belidos on September 4, 2015 1:24PM
  • mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    I just want healing/damage numbers and buffs/debuffs..
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo it is not necessary as you are just able to add the addons by your own in different ways.
    It is much more dynamic for you to use the "external" addons.

I'd only support this idea if we are able to disable all build-in addons, like we are able to disable the external ones currently!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Imo it is not necessary as you are just able to add the addons by your own in different ways.

I'd only support this idea if we are able to disable all build-in addons, like we are able to disable the external ones currently!

Every request to bring add-on functions into the game has explicitly stated they should be toggled in settings. As to why it would be good to make this happen, you need only examine what has happened to add-ons since the latest update. Every time a major update is released, add-on authors have to rewrite their add-ons, at least the ones affected by API changes. I have a handful of add-ons compared to many, yet most of mine lost functionality and I've been forced to disable them. Many have since been updated by their authors (MANY THANKS, AUTHORS! <3 ), but a few still have not. This is the Catch-22 of add-ons: they bring a lot to the game, but if they go unsupported, eventually they become unusable or break the game.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Baertram wrote: »

Every request to bring add-on functions into the game has explicitly stated they should be toggled in settings. As to why it would be good to make this happen, you need only examine what has happened to add-ons since the latest update. Every time a major update is released, add-on authors have to rewrite their add-ons, at least the ones affected by API changes. I have a handful of add-ons compared to many, yet most of mine lost functionality and I've been forced to disable them. Many have since been updated by their authors (MANY THANKS, AUTHORS! <3 ), but a few still have not. This is the Catch-22 of add-ons: they bring a lot to the game, but if they go unsupported, eventually they become unusable or break the game.

That might be true, regarding outdated add's but someone either steps up or someone creates another similar add-on. Whatever is done at a later time, please leave my add-ons alone, ZEN. The biggest reason I still play..
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @PitchesBeTreble Just so you are aware, ZOS is planning on adding buff trackers etc. into the base game. From what we have seen, I believe they are trying to keep the 2 platforms as alike as possible, and would think these will be added to console as well as PC. That may be a good questing to ask in the Ask Us Anything thread for ESO live though

This was confirmed in conversations with ZOS during Quakecon this year. We even discussed some of the addons that they are looking to absorb into the game including some Wykkyd code, Lootdrop, bufftrackers and possibly some aspects of FTC (Scrolling Combat Text).

They confirmed that anything applied to Console would be applied to PC (especially going forward from the point of Gamepad support on PC).
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I strongly disagree. And I'm an avid RPer.

We realllly need add-ons for guilds like the ability for guild officers and leaders to be able to mail the entire guild. This is viatl for scheduling events and yet we still can't do it and now the only add-on I know of that aloowed it, MailR, no longer works at all and is no longer being updated. This is HORRIBLE.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

I strongly disagree. And I'm an avid RPer.

We realllly need add-ons for guilds like the ability for guild officers and leaders to be able to mail the entire guild. This is viatl for scheduling events and yet we still can't do it and now the only add-on I know of that aloowed it, MailR, no longer works at all and is no longer being updated. This is HORRIBLE.

@MornaBaine an officer in the guild I'm guildmaster of still sends out mass mails. I will find out what she is using (I know there was more than just MailR)

[EDIT] Oh, and to the other replies ;) Thanks for confirming ZOS has since confirmed a few addons, but just to be clear this post is from pre-1.6. Before they mentioned adding UI changes
    Edited by MissBizz on September 10, 2015 9:17PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_RichLambert,

ESO would be a much greater place with a few Addons put directly into the game. The ones I am talking about are greatly needed. We need to be able to customize our UI with smaller group boxes, movable attribute bars with %'s as well as Guild Store Advanced searching capability. Even having a Mini map on screen would be a great enhancement to the game. It makes navigation SOOOOO much easier to be able to use an on screen Mini Map.

Some examples of great UI Addons are AUI, LUI Extended, Azurah, Wykkyd and AwesomeGuildStore.

I can live without knowing what I sold in the store as there are Addons for this that work great.

Anyone should be able to customize their UI a bit and do an advanced search in the guild store.

I know that ESO could be one of the best games out there. The more QoL functions that are added to the base game code make things so much easier for all gamers, not just the hard core ones.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Groggpuffar
    Wykkyd's Outfitter would be awesome to have on console.
  • subbssb14_ESO
    I agree I would like any addon functionality ZoS adds to the base-game on consoles to be added to PC/Mac as well, as long as we can still use addons on PC to replace or modify these new features. Which addons do I think should be added to the game? Well I respect people who want a minimalist HUD, but I think even RPers have no problem with addons that make menu UI more convenient.

Here are the addons I use that I think everyone in the game should have:
    ***Advanced Filters (life changing QoL, critically important)
    *Harven's Improved Skills Window (I use this functionality nearly every time I log in, this should be part of the game)
    *Lootdrop (I don't actually need this myself since I don't auto-loot but I use it regardless and for those who DO auto-loot this is very important)
    *SpentSkillPoints (not life changing but its a basic QoL feature the UI should always have and no one will complain)
    *Harven's Stack Split Slider (same as above, basic feature game should have shipped with)

Also optionally:
    *Dustman
    *Harven's Extended Stats
    *Harven's Trait and Style
    *Thurisaz Guild Info
    *Feed An Army

I use MANY more addons than this but these are the ones that I think are the least controversial while still being essential.
    Edited by subbssb14_ESO on October 2, 2015 12:36PM
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    ~ LootDrop will be pushed in base UI by ZOS in both console & PC versions of game with Orsinium Update
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    ~ LootDrop will be pushed in base UI by ZOS in both console & PC versions of game with Orsinium Update

@ayantir Yup I know, this is an old thread. Actually, console had lootdrop in game from day 1 release, PC will be receiving it with Orsinium.