Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Motif Overhaul

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Elf
    By far an area where I miss Skyrim mods the most ... you could really do a lot with your character there.

ZOS, any chance of letting the friendly mod community help out in this area??

6rAJz5V.jpg

Ljt01kF.jpg

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful what you wish for. You just have to have a look at the new redguard light armour style to realise just how bad the 're-texturing' can be.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • civilizedsavage
    civilizedsavage
    ✭✭✭
    When I first read that there would be "Barbaric" armor, I immediately pictured the Forsworn from Skyrim - THEY were barbarians! I want to see Barbaric armor look like this:

So much agree with this. Forsworn is some sexy armor. Maybe they'll sell it on the cash shop. *sigh*

Guild Leader | The Ashen Hand
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian needs an overhaul. Noone ever wants to buy this type of armor.

uh wrong.I, as a Lizard love the look of the major pieces. Only thing I don't like is the med helm but that can be turned off :smile:

I have personally found a mix of both Argonian/Bosmer I love so please leave both sets ALONE.

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf
    I think the two they tackled are the ones that needed it most, but I'd probably pick Altmer, then Dunmer, Argonian, and Nord in that order I guess for polishing. I don't think anything needs a drastic overhaul like they gave to redguard, but just tweeks like they did to Orc heavy.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial
    Imperial needs to be made more like the Roman Legionnary style from Morrowind: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:MW-item-Templar_Armor.jpg
    Edited by AngryNord on February 24, 2015 8:01AM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Elf
    Eventually all of them, but I'd like to see Dunmer and Nord done next.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just want my akaviri/blades, chitin, bonemould, glass and -maybe- dragonbone armors.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Imperial needs to be made more like the Roman Legionnary style from Morrowind: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Imperial_(style)

I like the armors overall. The pauldrons on most of them look excessively large but not as large as other games have them, so I can't get too upset there. I think what I'd like to see most is the Roman Scutum in use, for shield wall formation. I know it can't be done in game, but I always envisioned the Imperials of Tamriel fighting in shield formations like that, possibly with polearms in the back lines.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Where is the "all of the above" button?

Also Primal needs a lot more work than all of those but it needs all new designs not just "re-texturing".

After that I would say barbaric then those blues.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf
    Altmer, and the already being redesigned Orc are the only basic armors I've not been able to find a use for that I like, except one char I decided to try to put in Raz' outfit (All altmer except shoulders which are ancient elf).

Personally I think all of the purple motifs need a rework. Not only a fresh redesign to make them more inline with other TES, but also variations. As far as I've been able to tell, there is no difference between a LV4 and VR14 when it comes to the purples.

And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • superquadockyb14_ESO
    Argonian
    I'd say despite the Argonian Armor being visually interesting, it just doesn't have that 'LOOK'. All the other armors have a very specific theme going on about them, whereas the Argonian sets of various weights are pretty much all the same 'leathery' thing. Its not what I'd imagine argonian armor to be like...

However, of all the argonian style items, I must say that the Staff is the best of any other race. Its the most proportional and 'cool' looking and has a decent heft to it unlike all the other ones.
  • Durban
    Durban
    ✭✭
    Redguard, they need to undo the awful changes they just made.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric - ESO's version of this has little to do with the real TES Daedric gear.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just like wearing the Servants outfit, so it doesn't matter what style I am wearing...and the more costumes that become available in the crown store the less a motif will actually matter (as you will see when everyone is running around in wedding dresses)