The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dumb Idea or asking for too much? Twice Born Probs

Suru
Suru
✭✭✭✭
So with 2 and 3 piece sets, you can only sometimes have one 5 piece and an awkward unfinished 3 or 4 piece without sword and board. My problem occurred when testing out the twice born set. Which I can only have active with sword and board. If i switch to my 2H or Stave with the set and go back, i would lose the mundus stone and have to reapply all over again. Im fine with other sets and unfinished bonuses since they can be active again with just a weapon swap.

What do you guys think about giving staves and 2H's that are not part of a 3 bonus set (ex. PvP destro 3 piece) more so player crit crafted sets, and automatic 2Piece bonus. Id rather see this apply to this specifically or not have the mundus removed wheN i swap between weapons.

Suru
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can solve this problem by making TBS your 5 piece set and have a different set switch to 3-4 when you weapon swap. Just make TBS 5 of your 7 armor. If you dont have it researched yet then you will need patience like everyone else to find pieces to research or buy. If your only reason to ask for mechanic changes is that you absolutely need to have your preferred choice of 5 always active... well thats really the nature of making choices isnt it. seeing that your problem is fixable, this seems like an absurd request.

your essentially asking if they can change it to a 4 piece bonus?
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I understood it, he's essentially asking for 2 handed weapons (staves, 2h, bow) to count as 2 pieces of a set.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    As I understood it, he's essentially asking for 2 handed weapons (staves, 2h, bow) to count as 2 pieces of a set.

Twice born set should have the second mundus saved instead of having to go reapy everytime, the 2h/stave 2 piece is just a stupid suggestion

Suru
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »

Twice born set should have the second mundus saved instead of having to go reapy everytime, the 2h/stave 2 piece is just a stupid suggestion

Ah, I gotcha. I can get w/ that.

Should have worked like that in the first place, most likely just an oversight.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually he brings up a good point that people using two handed weapons essentially get screwed out of a set bonus. This is going to play heavy into 1.6 considering that magicka builds are really being forced into using just the the two staffs. So not only do melee do more dps they also get an extra set bonus. All weapons should be equal and that is the pattern for the other things about the weapons. For instance the crit trait is twice as large for a 2 handed weapon than it is for a single weapon. So ZOS has at least in that aspect acknowledged the equality requirement.

Yes I could run around with say duel weld or sword and shield and use nothing but class abilities if I want to get that extra set bonus but then I am screwing my build on the staff abilities. I actually used to use sword and shield just for the extra protection and use class abilities for range dps but now that I have to throw in a light attack in order to gain ultimate I have to have a staff also. No point in being range if I have to run up and hit them with a sword just to start my ultimate buff.

If we are going to play the way we want to play things have to be equal. If things are not equal then we will be forced into something either less then equal or not what we want to play.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Actually he brings up a good point that people using two handed weapons essentially get screwed out of a set bonus. This is going to play heavy into 1.6 considering that magicka builds are really being forced into using just the the two staffs. So not only do melee do more dps they also get an extra set bonus. All weapons should be equal and that is the pattern for the other things about the weapons. For instance the crit trait is twice as large for a 2 handed weapon than it is for a single weapon. So ZOS has at least in that aspect acknowledged the equality requirement.

Yes I could run around with say duel weld or sword and shield and use nothing but class abilities if I want to get that extra set bonus but then I am screwing my build on the staff abilities. I actually used to use sword and shield just for the extra protection and use class abilities for range dps but now that I have to throw in a light attack in order to gain ultimate I have to have a staff also. No point in being range if I have to run up and hit them with a sword just to start my ultimate buff.

If we are going to play the way we want to play things have to be equal. If things are not equal then we will be forced into something either less then equal or not what we want to play.

Yea, i never really had an issue with this until the twice borN set which gave me these outrageous ideas and realized it affects me more than than i thought. Ex. Medium armor hunding with dagger/boW. Using bow will nver let me have that 5 piece hunding .
    Suru wrote: »

Twice born set should have the second mundus saved instead of having to go reapply everytime, the 2h/stave 2 piece is just a stupid suggestion

Ah, I gotcha. I can get w/ that.

Should have worked like that in the first place, most likely just an oversight.

Yea oversight is a good word

Suru