The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Style Identification on Armors and Weapons

FoxPT
FoxPT
✭✭
Who agrees that armors and weapons player crafted should have some identification in their style.

Sometime i craft the same piece (for example a robe) in every style i have available to see the one i like more. But after we have 8 robes in inventory with the same name its not easy to remember each one is each so i can craft another in the same style or getting another piece of thar same style.

Sugestion to ZOS is put under the name the style it was made. I dont know if that can be dificult to do also in the drop gear but it will be very good when u find a certain drop piece of armour that we like and try to get the other pieces of the same set.
Fox
Wizard from Mages Guild
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few add-on that do this already

For Example
    Show Motifx
    Edited by Natjur on February 23, 2015 9:43PM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easier way to see the styles:
    go here eso-fashion.com/
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I must spend too much time at the crafting station, because I know the styles by their in-game icons >.<
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When someone wants the same sets crafted I ask them to link their armor. Then I can select the type by comparing it to the item I am creating for them. It only takes a few seconds to scroll through the style stones to find it.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 from me OP.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the Racial Style was displayed in the Tool Tip. Craft Store used to do this. I have tried the Show Motif addon, but that just shows me an icon I have to recognize, just give me the name of the style.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FoxPT
    FoxPT
    ✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Easier way to see the styles:
    go here eso-fashion.com/

@Xendyn my sugestion comes exactly because of that i use fashion.com also but when i am playing or crafting i don't want to leave the game. The game itself should be informative enough. Styles its a game main concept in the crafting so why cant we have the information about that in game.
    Natjur wrote: »
    There are a few add-on that do this already

For Example
    Show Motifx

@Natjur add-on's help of course but with all changes in game during the time having that information rely in a third party at some point will or could be outdated. And if a add-on can get that information that means the info is already in the game witch is worst, its already there and someone decide not to show it and wait that someone do it for them. Don't agree with that.

Coatmagic wrote: »
    I guess I must spend too much time at the crafting station, because I know the styles by their in-game icons >.<

@Coatmagic i know them also when i am in crafting station the problem is when you craft many pieces and check them in your inventory sometimes its not easy to identify each one is each.

Edited by FoxPT on February 25, 2015 4:38PM
    Fox
    Wizard from Mages Guild