The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please help me with my Imperial Sorcerer Build!

Speth
Speth
✭✭
Hi guys, I've hit a wall where I feel I need to re-roll my sorcerer ready for Update 6 as I need the race choice of Altmer for it's passives. After playing this character for so long however, I feel I should try to find a build that works for me as I know the imperial passives are in fact quite overpowered, especially with the next update removing soft caps.

My character is a Veteran Rank 13 Imperial Sorcerer and I desperately need some help coming up with a build that can give me that amazing DPS with the magicka return I need as I always feel like I'm trying to catch up with magicka built races. I'm aware to make this work I'll need a mixture of item sets and I will be able to acquire the ones suggested.

I'm willing to try any weapon/skill combinations, and maybe even a role change if necessary, but I would be very thankful of anyone's incite into my issue. Please do not suggest a build that will be completely incompatible with Update 6 i.e. a crit surge build.

Many thanks! :D

• Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an imperial the two things I would suggest is either a stamina build or tank build. I have a VR2 stamina sorcerer werewolf that I enjoy very much. The weapons I use are bow and 2 hand. But really the fun part is being a werewolf. With the change to the passive that basically let's you stay in werewolf form as long as you are taking damage is going to make it even better. It truly is beast mode. I'm a bosmer but I think a werewolf would be best as an imperial.

Yes I was using crit surge but I don't think the loss of the heal makes it useless. It still gives good weapon buff. And I, like you, already put a lot into this character and not going to give up on it just because of the patch.
    Edited by Sheuib on February 22, 2015 9:55AM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperials are most effective in tanking and stamina DPS roles, which is what I would advise you to focus on with this character.

You can still use an imperial as magicka DPS of course, but your magicka pool will probably be lower than an altmer or a breton's. Since the most effective way for sorcerers to maximize DPS is now to put everything into max magicka with a Necropotence set (instead of spell damage for other classes), having non-optimal racial passives will hit harder than for other classes/builds.

Try stamina with 2H sword and bow, maxing weapon damage for DPS and if you don't like it you can always come back to a regular magicka build.
    Wololo.
  • Speth
    Speth
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much for your help guys. I prefer to do ranged DPS especially with trials so do you think a Bow/Destro staff combination could work? I currently am using a mixture of Warlock, Willow's Path, and Seducer. Want to trade Seducer out for Aether when I get the required pieces.

Please let me know! :D
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't try and do a bow and destro staff combination. Either you build for magicka or stamina if you want to max out your dps. If you try to build for both you will end up gimped on both. Considering you are an Imperial I would go with the stamina build and bow for ranged dps. I don't know how well bow would be for trials though. Hopefully, someone with some end game bow experience will see this post.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do want to say if you really want to be a magicka using just go ahead and do it. Sure you won't be as good at dps as an altmer but you will not be horrible. And, you will have some benefits that an altmer doesn't have. Higher health and a nature health regen but just doing attacks will be helpful in trails. Even the higher stamina pool will help for rolling out of the way of boss attacks. So you maybe better in the fact you are more survivable because dead is 0 dps.
  • Speth
    Speth
    ✭✭
    Hi guys, I've now converted to a Bow & Two Handed

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to DPS with these builds especially which weapon skills are good and which ones aren't.

Would love some help forming some sort of rotation. Thanks so much for any help given! :D