The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO keeps randomly crashing

Isyldra
Isyldra
✭✭✭✭
Here's the crash report:

====================================================================
eso has stopped working.
====================================================================

[reporter]
version = 0.01

[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.1.5.7.1103452
branch = live
char.account = isyldra
char.alliance = 1
char.name = Isyldra
client.executablebits = 32
client.mode = inworld
client.renderertype = D3D11
client.session_start_timestamp = 2015-02-21T15:54:03.140Z
client.time_since_load = 1499
client.timestamp = 2015-02-21T16:35:51.996Z -frme 134857-
client.uptime = 2509.1
computer.name = KELLIANPC
computer.user = Kellian
cpu.arch = 0
cpu.count = 4
cpu.level = 6
cpu.type = 586
data.depotid = 4000
data.dir = D:/The Elder Scrolls Online/depot/
data.syncm = databuild
data.version = 0.win.0.live.1103452
exe.buildnum = 1103452
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
gfx.description = 9.18.13.4460
gfx.deviceid = 4487.929642562.161
gfx.driver = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
gfx.vendorid = 4318
globby.address = 198.20.200.24
globby.port = 24506
loc.wloc = 235 232398 12903 217438 244.22
loc.world = Grahtwood
loc.worldid = 235
loc.zone = Grahtwood
login.address = 198.20.200.24
mem.current = 1460
mem.peak = 1578
mem.physical = 16336
os.osbits = 64
os.platform = windows
os.version = 6.2.9200.
ptime = 0
realm.depotid = 0
realm.id = 4000
realm.name = NA Megaserver
reportfield.ver = 3
version.major = 1
version.patch = 5
version.subpatch = 7

This is happening constantly. It's making me crazy.

I usually stream (using OBS) while I'm playing and there really is not a lot of overhead with my CPU when I do, however this has always been the case with every game and I've never had this much trouble (with any game or ESO). PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!
Proud member of Alacrity
Proud member of The Psijic Order
Twitter: @Isyldra
Twitch: twitch.tv/isyldra
There's a special place in hell reserved for people who leave the worms and take the flower.
  • Isyldra
    Isyldra
    ✭✭✭✭
    I should add that I've run the repair tool a few times and I play with the Launcher off. In fact, I have a shortcut to the client on my task bar so I rarely run the launcher. Hmmmm.
    Proud member of Alacrity
    There's a special place in hell reserved for people who leave the worms and take the flower.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Isyldra,

As you already tried the repair option, did you also try to check if all the updates are correctly installed?
    - Manually update your launcher. Details on how to do this can be found here.

- If the above step do not resolve your issue, please try the following:
    • Open the game installation directory “Zenimax Online” 
    • Open the folder named “Launcher”
    • Inside the “Launcher” folder, there is a folder named “ProgramData”
    • Delete the “ProgramData” folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click “Play”

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Isyldra
    Isyldra
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will try that, thanks!
    Proud member of Alacrity
  • Isyldra
    Isyldra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so, my live game folder started as the beta folder back in July 2013. I don't have a Zenimax Online folder however I do have one called Zenimax but it doesn't have a Launcher folder. There are launcher files in this directory including: launcher_helper.exe, launcher.settings, patcher.dll etc. There is a ProgramData folder in the Zenimax directory, which I deleted and then ran the launcher but there was no update downloaded/installed. So I feel like I haven't accomplished anything lol.

To make things more confusing, I have 2 ESO PTS folders which doesn't make sense to me and both of them have files created in the last couple of weeks. I was in the psijiic order so I had a separate installation of the pts before launch but I'm not sure why I have 2 as I don't remember having to create a second installation.

TLDR: I'm not sure I did what you asked. I will check stability again and report back.
    Proud member of Alacrity
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Isyldra
    Isyldra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing like crazy.
    Proud member of Alacrity
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have created a ticket for you, @Isyldra. Our team will contact you for further investigation.

Thank you for your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Isyldra wrote: »
    Ok so, my live game folder started as the beta folder back in July 2013. I don't have a Zenimax Online folder however I do have one called Zenimax but it doesn't have a Launcher folder. There are launcher files in this directory including: launcher_helper.exe, launcher.settings, patcher.dll etc. There is a ProgramData folder in the Zenimax directory, which I deleted and then ran the launcher but there was no update downloaded/installed.

It might just be the wording, but I don't see where you ran the manual update of the launcher from the "game options" drop down. If you haven't done that yet, try that first.

Next, run a defrag on your hard drive. My game was crashing constantly until I did that. It still crashes once in a while, now, but i can usually play all night without an issue. Before it was crashing so frequently that the game wasn't even playable.

Hope that helps.

• Isyldra
    Isyldra
    ✭✭✭✭
    I worded it wrong, but I did both. Thanks for trying though!
    Proud member of Alacrity