The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to game, already seeing performance issues. (Freeze lag upon movement)

PINKGAM3R
PINKGAM3R
Soul Shriven
Hey there. I have been playing the game for a few days now and I will say that the performance while moving, especially in combat is really frustrating. It appears when I am in the starting area it is the worst. Out in the world, it is less severe, but WOW. The large amounts of freeze lag... I know it is not an FPS or my PING, it just randomly freezes in some locations that cause my FPS to drop to 4-9fps. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @PINKGAM3R.

There's a bit of confusion with this question since "lag" is such an ill-defined term in support. If you don't mind, could you please let us know which one you're running into?
    1. Performance issues - Generally manifested by drops in the frames per second, of the game.
    2. Network lag - Generally manifested by performing an action on your keyboard/mouse, only to have the action occur on the screen with a noticeable delay

Once we know what we're dealing with, we'll be happy to offer some help!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • PINKGAM3R
    PINKGAM3R
    Soul Shriven
    Hey there! So when I play the game, I will run out into the world and then my game freezes for a few seconds and then resume normally. When I look down to check my fps during the freeze, it drops drastically. It is more of a performance issue when I play.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @PINKGAM3R,

Thanks! We have a few suggestions for stuttering like this that should help you out:
    • Closing the Launcher while playing. This has helped in some cases.
    • Making sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
    • Running in a non-windowed fullscreen mode.
    • Disable or uninstall any add-ons.
    • Delete you usersettings.txt file in Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Live or Liveeu
    • Check the "usersettings.txt"' file: Access the folder for The Elder Scrolls Online on your Documents (by default it should be C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Live) and open the file "usersettings.txt" with the notepad (or your word editor of choice).◦Once open find the lines stating "RequestedNumJobThreads" and "RequestedNumWorkerThreads" (you can do this by pressing the keys "Ctrl" and "F")
    Change them as below.

SETRequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
    SETRequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"
    To:
    SETRequestedNumJobThreads "0"
    SETRequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"

Let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are certain locations which are simply TERRIBLE for stutter (temporary game freezing). Elden Root (Grahtwood) is the worst, although Daggerfall city (Glenumbra) can be bad at times, and any location where a lot of people are gathered and all doing stuff. This is not a new issue. This is normally not an issue in the wild open areas, nor small delves.

General recommendation is that you WAIT and do nothing for a couple of minutes after loading or zoning in (especially in cities), to wait for your PC to catch up with the info being sent down. Don't start moving or running right away, it will just stutter and frustrate you.

• Uthgar
    Uthgar
    those solutions above don't work, thats just a copy + paste response the developers have. its a fault on their server side, but they wont look into it or do anything about it, just release the game for consoles to increase the connection issues....
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uthgar wrote: »
    those solutions above don't work, thats just a copy + paste response the developers have. its a fault on their server side, but they wont look into it or do anything about it, just release the game for consoles to increase the connection issues....

Well, when it happens console side we can point and say, "this is what we've been telling you guys for ages."