The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healing Staff question.

TheMetal
TheMetal
Soul Shriven
Relatively new player here. Not sure what the deal is with healing staffs. I can see that their skills heal, but do the staff normal/heavy attacks heal me? Would it be beneficial to count on their normal/heavy attacks for self healing?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The light and heavy attack from the heal staff does not heal you. There is a passive however to heal allies (and yourself) for 30% of final hit from heavy attack

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also an active restoration staff skill called Force Siphon, which when applied to an enemy will heal you for a percentage of your damage inflicted on them. So it's not inherent, but using that skill in a way will make your light and heavy attacks (all attacks in fact) heal you.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to figure what to do with a Healing Staff to be effective. I am sure it is because I have not played with it enough. However I rolled a Templar and I can heal my allies (and myself) easy peasy. So, I tossed the Healing Staff out the door (well I deconned it) and moved on. Of course this means I don't have much healing on my non Templar characters, but that does not bother me.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have yet to figure what to do with a Healing Staff to be effective. I am sure it is because I have not played with it enough. However I rolled a Templar and I can heal my allies (and myself) easy peasy. So, I tossed the Healing Staff out the door (well I deconned it) and moved on. Of course this means I don't have much healing on my non Templar characters, but that does not bother me.

As a Templar your healing abilities are definitely superior in most regards when compared to other classes. You definitely don't need a healing staff. That being said it's a great source of magika regen, as your only two options for heavy attack magika restore are from either a healing staff or a destro staff, and since there is a passive in the Healing Staff line to increase the magika recovery from heavy attacks lots of people go down this route.

You may consider slotting a healing staff on your off-bar for magika regen on heavy attacks, then use whatever pleases you on your main bar.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaRae wrote: »

As a Templar your healing abilities are definitely superior in most regards when compared to other classes. You definitely don't need a healing staff. That being said it's a great source of magika regen, as your only two options for heavy attack magika restore are from either a healing staff or a destro staff, and since there is a passive in the Healing Staff line to increase the magika recovery from heavy attacks lots of people go down this route.

You may consider slotting a healing staff on your off-bar for magika regen on heavy attacks, then use whatever pleases you on your main bar.
    That's exactly why I use a healing staff on a templar. I've got the passives that work off the heavy attacks, so I alternate between using class skills and heavy attacks, which restore magicka (thus enabling me to use more class skills), and do some healing (thus reducing the amount I need to heal with class skills). Actually, the resto staff skill line has a lot of passives that are very useful for a healer build templar. It's all about the passives and the heavy attack.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    That's exactly why I use a healing staff on a templar. I've got the passives that work off the heavy attacks, so I alternate between using class skills and heavy attacks, which restore magicka (thus enabling me to use more class skills), and do some healing (thus reducing the amount I need to heal with class skills). Actually, the resto staff skill line has a lot of passives that are very useful for a healer build templar. It's all about the passives and the heavy attack.

I agree with UrQuan, if you run a Healer Templar then the point of the Restoration staff is the "Circle of Life" passive. My Templar Healer is my favourite character because Puncturing Sweep, Breath of Life and Cycle of Life got the character up to Veteran with the least amount of deaths or even panicing. I wasn't using any of the Restoration Staff perks except for training reasons and once RS was up to L50 I dumped that perk. It's the Heavy Attack CoL that gives the Restoration Staff value.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread