The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pretty sure Guildmaster ragequit, how long should I wait?

Runefell
Runefell
✭✭✭✭
So, to avoid any real details of drama, I was one of the founding members of a guild. It's not a huge guild, but it got to about 150 players at its peak and was pretty active. The founder quit, and passed the guildmaster status to another extremely active player a while ago, and we've been pretty active.

Unfortunately, there was a huge fight between the guildmaster and another core member about some of the rules. Long story short, the core member was kicked and there was a mass exodus from other council members and the co-guildmaster. I'm now the only council member left, and the guildmaster hasn't been on since The Incident last month. I'm trying to run things as best as I can, but I have a job and can't be on for a good portion of the day, plus I don't have any powers to hire guild traders or things like that. People are complaining that we can't sell things anymore and that the guild's becoming too inactive and are leaving.

How long does it usually take for a guild master to be absent before it's considered appropriate to file a ticket and try to sort this out? I don't even want to take over the guild master position, it would be so helpful just to be able to hire guild traders so we can actually sell things.

Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to contact my friend, and tell him to contact ZOS, so they could toss me lead of the guild, as my friend no longer plays ESO... So yeah. Helps to have his contact info outside of ESO, I'd submit a ticket to ask about it, response from the forums is relatively slow.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Mariiana
    Mariiana
    ✭✭
    Yeah just submit a ticket and tell em that the current GM is no longer playing, it should be pretty easy for them to get it taken care of. I know someone who did this and got promoted to GM pretty quickly
    ~~~ EP ~~~
    Mariiana- VR16 Templar
    Mariiahna VR16 NB
    Roheel VR14 DK
    Xinthuur VR4 Sorc
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the ticket doesn't resolve the issue, which I'm thinking it mightn't;

Why don't you talk to everyone and ask them if they'd like to start a new guild; it would be basically identical except you would have the appropriate rank now and would be able to initiate guild trading/selling etc. If all are happy with that I'd say go for it. If it's been a month since the leader hasn't been around, it's clear that a) they don't care too much about the game anymore, and b) they care even less about the guild they were the head of. So I would not feel bad at all about a decision to form a new guild in the mirror image of your current one. I know it's not ideal, as you don't really want to lead, but it sounds like you are at the moment and just for asking and writing about this issue here means you'd likely make an apt leader, even if it's just temporary. Just make sure, if you go ahead with it, that you're clear about the situation up front, about what you're suggesting and why. Honestly really is the best policy.

Good luck!

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC in our case the guildmaster had to be inactive for 30+ days.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The easiest way is to create a new guild with the current members. Support is very unlikely to pass the lead without consent from the current GM, even after 30 days of inactivity.
    Wololo.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by Rosveen on February 21, 2015 11:33PM
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I filed a ticket, and they said after 30 days, I could file another and ask for the leadership to be passed on. So that works out okay. Hopefully we can stay pretty drama free for the future.
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never even thought about that. We had a MASS exodus months ago and GM hasn't been seen for a bit.

Guess I'll try to get GM moved and see what happens.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar issue back in August of last year. Our guildmaster just suddenly left the game one day out of nowhere. After a month I contacted customer support about passing leadership. We were told to wait another month, at which point leadership could be passed. However after this month was up, we were told that they needed to contact the previous GM via mail and to give it another week. After that week had passed and there was still no word from the former GM, I contacted them about passing leadership and at that point they told me it was not possible to do so and that I should reform the guild, which I did.

I wasn't upset about them saying they couldn't pass leadership. I was however extremely annoyed that I had been strung along for over a month thinking that it would be doable only to be told at the end that they would not help with our situation. After hearing about other guilds that have had leadership passed since that time, it only infuriates me further as it appears that it could have been done and they simply chose not to do so in our situation for some reason.

Our guild is now in a good place after the reform last year, but the entire situation was something I wasn't too happy about at the time.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had a similar situation happen to me and we submitted a ticket but ZOS couldn't transfer GM to anyone so we had to disband and start a new guild. Luckily we were able to keep the same pretty much the same but still frustrating.