The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Couple of Questions

Seipherwood_ESO
Seipherwood_ESO
Soul Shriven
I was thinking of getting into ESO now that its going B2P but i was curious about a few things.

Is it possible to have a pet focused sorc now? I was looking forward to that during beta, but found out the pets were fluff at most then.

What would be the best PvE server to get into?

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one Mega Server, so you just login and your ready to go PvE. The only time you "pick a server" is when you pick a campaign for PvP.

There are some changes to the Sorcerer Pets with the upcoming 1.6 changes. I have not played with them enough to know if they are worth it or not.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How solo friendly is the game? I never really made it past 8-10 in beta. Dont think i ever actually left the starting zone heh.

The game is very solo friendly. Sorcs with pets do just fine leveling up by themselves. You can quest and explore delves ( little mini dungeons ) by yourself quite easily. You probably will want to join others to tackle world bosses and dolmens and you will definitely need to group to take on an instanced 4 man dungeon. But you don't have to do dungeons to reach veteran levels.

Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

Answer ✓
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    It's very solo friendly. Some builds are easier to level with, others can be challenging. People's definitions differ of course, but none of it I could really consider a faceroll.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How solo friendly is the game? I never really made it past 8-10 in beta. Dont think i ever actually left the starting zone heh.

Other than a couple of World Bosses per zone and Dolmens, you can solo everything else besides Group Dungeons on Level. Even the two harder bosses per zone can be solo'd, but its much better to do them with others. Public Dungeons help to have people with you, but it is not necessary.

What I do is complete the zone content that I can solo, which is most of it. Then I put out a LFG World Boss/Dolmen Tour in zone chat. It is easy to find someone to go along for these as most people want some help with the World Bosses and Dolmens. Then we make a big circle through the zone and take them all on.

Helps to join a guild like Lone Wolf Help where we mostly solo, but will reach out to others to help with harder content.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of getting into ESO now that its going B2P but i was curious about a few things.

Is it possible to have a pet focused sorc now? I was looking forward to that during beta, but found out the pets were fluff at most then.

What would be the best PvE server to get into?

Sorc Pet builds in v1.6.3 are very powerful! If you like that kind a playstyle you should be very surprised that it is now more than what you experienced at Beta. I will say that this is a new paradigm for ESO however and they're will more than likely be polishing over time.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Answer ✓
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went ahead and bought the Imperial Edition. Hopefully get it up and running tonight and can start playing :smiley:

If I may, I also recommend purchasing an Explorer's Pack Code from www.G2A.com. This will allow you to create any race in any faction giving you a lot more flexibility in character creation.

Normally I wouldn't promote a third-party website but these codes were only available to players who pre-ordered the game back in March 2014. Now they can only be purchased via third-party. I got mine from G2A.com and it was easy and had no problems. I paid $7 USD all together for it.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Answer ✓
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    There is only one Mega Server, so you just login and your ready to go PvE. The only time you "pick a server" is when you pick a campaign for PvP.

There are some changes to the Sorcerer Pets with the upcoming 1.6 changes. I have not played with them enough to know if they are worth it or not.

Actually, there are two mega servers the NA one and the EU one. Although both have players from all over the world.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
    Answer ✓
  • Seipherwood_ESO
    Seipherwood_ESO
    Soul Shriven
  • Seipherwood_ESO
    Seipherwood_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Went ahead and bought the Imperial Edition. Hopefully get it up and running tonight and can start playing :smiley: