The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Re: exploiting game mechanics

Calrid
Calrid
✭✭✭
Are they going to fix the various exploits that are used in PVP in 1.6. Simple question but getting kinda tired of the dying to things I can do nothing about ever spam exploits. I mean I can if taken by surprise get killed by a 10th level DK and I am v10 with these exploits, something strikes me as wrong with that so, fix or do we have to spend another few months putting up with people who are crap at the game, using exploits to make themselves even passable?

It wouldn't be so bad if they actually won anything, but it seems to me a small minority of players have just decided to exploit and bring PVP into disrepute. Why ~i don't know probably dropped on their head as a baby..?
WTS a rare racial motif for a price that reflects it's value, you're probably the only one without an obsession for useless cosmetic crap. Who needs style anyway when you already have it?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think i've ever been killed by someone level vr1 or lower and I'm a super scrub.

There may be something of a mechanic issue that you are seeing with DK's specifically or that level 10 you are seeing is actually pvp level 10.

Talons can be rolled out of, and they can't apply it again unless they shield charge you, but you can block the shield charge so it doesn't knock you down or have immovable which also makes you not get knocked down.

The biting jabs if you get caught in it without blocking or bashing them i.e. you are on siege or something is definitely something that will kill you fast as you can literally do nothing about it.

What is your class? There are ways around most of the shady things people do in PvP.

Also, you are correct, some people just want to watch Cyrodiil burn, they care nothing for honor nor sportmanship, its simply about making you feel as bad as possible.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the latest PTS patch notes it does state they fixed some of the exploits, although they are aware some still exist. They also stated that these WILL be fixed before 1.6 is released to live.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    I don't think i've ever been killed by someone level vr1 or lower and I'm a super scrub.

There may be something of a mechanic issue that you are seeing with DK's specifically or that level 10 you are seeing is actually pvp level 10.

Talons can be rolled out of, and they can't apply it again unless they shield charge you, but you can block the shield charge so it doesn't knock you down or have immovable which also makes you not get knocked down.

The biting jabs if you get caught in it without blocking or bashing them i.e. you are on siege or something is definitely something that will kill you fast as you can literally do nothing about it.

What is your class? There are ways around most of the shady things people do in PvP.

Also, you are correct, some people just want to watch Cyrodiil burn, they care nothing for honor nor sportmanship, its simply about making you feel as bad as possible.

unless it was changed in 1.6, talons is fully spammable.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if this is the PTS you are talking about, i highly doubt it was an actual lvl 10, maybe PvP rank 10.

and yes there are people who take advantage of bugs and exploits. Had someone using the insta kill 2H glitch, then when me and my group went to hit alessia, he whispered to me that he would "kill us all"; he got his a** kicked. I had to really hold myself back from talking major crap to him:) he had to get his friends to push us back.

most of those people are utter garbage. Ignore them; you will not see them in actual PvP, because without these cheap exploits, they will get their butts kicked, and not have the guts to stick thru it and improve their builds.

other than the cheating d'bags, and the ridiculous state of damage shields, 1.6 is looking good in my opinion. Cant wait to make my full on stamina ninja/gank build!!! There will be much killing to be had:)
    Edited by Cody on February 20, 2015 2:11AM
  • Calrid
    Calrid
    ✭✭✭
    exaggerated a bit. But tbh I am tired of reporting exploiters and have them turn up the next day and do the same thing. At least some people acknowledge exploits exist. You clear up one the lame asses who can't play the game well will find another. But you can minimise the amount of players whose game is ruined by people who are shite at pvp and make the whole system a joke.

I am well aware they know about the exploits and they will be cleared up in 1.6.232798234739847329842

What I really care about is if they are going to ban people who find a new one whereby you can't hope to succeed and ban them without waiting for what everyone knows and has reported as an exploit. I am fully aware that you can never get rid of the cheats in this game. But a zero tolerance policy would be nice,
    WTS a rare racial motif for a price that reflects it's value, you're probably the only one without an obsession for useless cosmetic crap. Who needs style anyway when you already have it?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Calrid wrote: »
    exaggerated a bit. But tbh I am tired of reporting exploiters and have them turn up the next day and do the same thing. At least some people acknowledge exploits exist. You clear up one the lame asses who can't play the game well will find another. But you can minimise the amount of players whose game is ruined by people who are shite at pvp and make the whole system a joke.

I am well aware they know about the exploits and they will be cleared up in 1.6.232798234739847329842

What I really care about is if they are going to ban people who find a new one whereby you can't hope to succeed and ban them without waiting for what everyone knows and has reported as an exploit. I am fully aware that you can never get rid of the cheats in this game. But a zero tolerance policy would be nice,

ZOS has left blatant cheating unacknowledged for months on end(particulary getting thru closed gates without taking the required keeps) ZOS does an absolute terrible job with dealing with cheaters and exploiters.

These people will not be banned; best just to ignore them and let them be garbage at the game; as that is all they will ever amount to in this game.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    These people will not be banned; best just to ignore them and let them be garbage at the game; as that is all they will ever amount to in this game.

Please look at this statement then look at your sig. One might conclude that rampancy of exploits have pushed you out of VR Cyrodiil to BB. So it appears to have the opposite effect. Additionally, people seeking new exploits I suspect spend a lot of time learning and playing the game, racking and stacking numbers.

Modus operandi has been to reward the exploiter by providing no negative repercussions for their actions. Thus people will always continue to find and exploit as they are encouraged to do so by the system.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have to give ZOS the benefit of doubt. Put yourself in their shoes. You have someone report that person X is exploiting and they have no actual proof of the exploit. Or, maybe there is no actual exploit but the person that is reporting it just thinks they must be using an exploit because, "how could that person kill me I am to good." Not that I am saying that is what is happening with the OP. But, let's face it we have all heard people complain about exploits, hacks, etc. when they lose knowing all to well there was no such use. Not just in this game but in online video games in general. I am sure everyone has been accused at some point in time when they have killed a person that is just actually bad at the game and a bad sport about it.

Then we get to the worst case if ZOS just banded people that are report for exploits. The trolls will report people for exploits just to troll them. How would you feel getting banded for an exploit that you never did. And, then come to find out it was just some troll. Most likely the same people that actually do use exploits.

So yes people using exploits suck. And, yes I agree they should be banded. But, I understand that it is a very difficult job to actually ban someone that actually deserves it. ZOS is probably taking the stance that it is better to not band someone that deserves it vs accidentally banning someone that doesn't.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    In the latest PTS patch notes it does state they fixed some of the exploits, although they are aware some still exist. They also stated that these WILL be fixed before 1.6 is released to live.

hE4BFAE5B
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    I would have to give ZOS the benefit of doubt. Put yourself in their shoes. You have someone report that person X is exploiting and they have no actual proof of the exploit. Or, maybe there is no actual exploit but the person that is reporting it just thinks they must be using an exploit because, "how could that person kill me I am to good." Not that I am saying that is what is happening with the OP. But, let's face it we have all heard people complain about exploits, hacks, etc. when they lose knowing all to well there was no such use. Not just in this game but in online video games in general. I am sure everyone has been accused at some point in time when they have killed a person that is just actually bad at the game and a bad sport about it.

Then we get to the worst case if ZOS just banded people that are report for exploits. The trolls will report people for exploits just to troll them. How would you feel getting banded for an exploit that you never did. And, then come to find out it was just some troll. Most likely the same people that actually do use exploits.

So yes people using exploits suck. And, yes I agree they should be banded. But, I understand that it is a very difficult job to actually ban someone that actually deserves it. ZOS is probably taking the stance that it is better to not band someone that deserves it vs accidentally banning someone that doesn't.

should not have took ZOS almost 6 months to finally do something about getting thru closed gates without taking the required keeps......
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Please look at this statement then look at your sig. One might conclude that rampancy of exploits have pushed you out of VR Cyrodiil to BB. So it appears to have the opposite effect. Additionally, people seeking new exploits I suspect spend a lot of time learning and playing the game, racking and stacking numbers.

Modus operandi has been to reward the exploiter by providing no negative repercussions for their actions. Thus people will always continue to find and exploit as they are encouraged to do so by the system.

i quit VR campaigns for more reasons than exploits; it was multiple reasons in fact.

the rest of your statement speaks/types truth, so I will not argue with you.
  • Deviante
    Deviante
    ✭✭
    Only thing i want to ask and this may not be the place for it but have they fixed the knockdown/talons *** that leaves you stuck unable to break free or roll or defend yourself in any way in 1.6
  • Calrid
    Calrid
    ✭✭✭
    Not really they can group exploit still, people call this organisation and teamwork, but it isn't it#s a by the numbers formulaic strategy involving usually more than 5 people that can not fail to gain you a kill even against equal numbers.

The sooner people realise there are still ways to exploit and stop acting as apologists for it the better. Very very few players use them and its easy to mistake real exploits for a good player or just blind luck. But after doing PVP for a few months it becomes easier to spot them

The fact is you will never rid a game of exploits entirely people will always find new ways of cheating whether it is exploiting game mechanics or hacking or whatever. What you hope though is when you see PVP turning into a by the numbers pres 1 2 3 and you press 3 4 5m and you 3 press 1222 grind for AP and XP you have to say it has lost something.

I'm pretty sure people are always going to find no lose exploits. Iam also pretty sure people will be reticent to acknowledge them, Zenimax or not.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused? What exploits are there on the live server that lets a level 10 player kill a VR10 (except if the level 10 is just that much of a better player than the VR10)? Anyone care to enlighten me? Not how to do it obviously but like .. what happens? I have never seen this happen, and aren't really aware of any exploits in combat atm.
  • Calrid
    Calrid
    ✭✭✭
    haha it never ceases to amaze me just how many people think there are no exploits in PVP either movement based or otherwise. Sucker. People cheat in PVP all the time and you presumably just say just a better player I could of won if I was good enough like some persistent mantra chanted in your head, one must presume.

What EVER dude.
  • Calrid
    Calrid
    ✭✭✭
    Oh an I know how to defend against DKs but not against spam attacks with my stamina. I would need to boost my stam regen to the cap and stamina to even stand a chance, same goes with purge and magicka and I am near the cap in those. Just not possible to defend against 1 persistent CC spam merchant let alone a gank of them. Either my purge doesn't work or spamming it has no effect or blocking repeatedly does not work, long story short I end up dead every time to 15 flame lashes a bash some talons and a half a pound of they can't lose. I am all ears of course how to defend against this because pots and block and various purge skills are nowhere even close to being enough especially when there's more than one of the cheating idiots.
  • Calrid
    Calrid
    ✭✭✭
    I should perhaps just roll a DK and join the can't lose army of overpowered exploiters in a rousing "lalalalalalaalalala" we can't hear you? ;)
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should perhaps just roll a DK and join the can't lose army of overpowered exploiters in a rousing "lalalalalalaalalala" we can't hear you? ;)

@Calrid If you've been on the PTS you'd know that DKs have been brought on par with other classes, a few more balancing tweaks and buffs for Sorcs and the game will be as good as it can get in terms of balance.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Calrid
    Calrid
    ✭✭✭
    Bollocks have you played PVP lately. No offense but they are not balanced atm, they are pretty much ruling PVP and the exploits are annoying so that you can't win regardless of class.

I notice you never offered aany advice how to get out of these no win situations, I can only presume it's because you don't know or don't care that people are being defeated 24/7 with no chance whatsoever and you like everyone else are acting as an appologist for game exploits.

Tell me how I can win against unfair game mechanics, 1v1 or 1v 5 perhaps then I will care?
  • Calrid
    Calrid
    ✭✭✭
    Any situation where any class od any level has no way out but to die is an exploit. There should always be a vague chance, chance in hell 0.0000001 chance all fine, if not a good one of getting away from the *** people do. If there isn't no matter how many skills you spam or pots you take or class you are. it is an exploit regardless og what ZoS says or anyone else. stop acting as an apologist for people who are cheating, no matter how small a minority they are.

People are exploiting and they are doing it consistantly and half of it is to do with the fact that no one believes it. Cheaters haccers all on PVP get with the program. Or just ban people who report cheats, hell that certianly makes sense.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any situation where any class od any level has no way out but to die is an exploit. There should always be a vague chance, chance in hell 0.0000001 chance all fine, if not a good one of getting away from the *** people do. If there isn't no matter how many skills you spam or pots you take or class you are. it is an exploit regardless og what ZoS says or anyone else. stop acting as an apologist for people who are cheating, no matter how small a minority they are.

People are exploiting and they are doing it consistantly and half of it is to do with the fact that no one believes it. Cheaters haccers all on PVP get with the program. Or just ban people who report cheats, hell that certianly makes sense.

Take a chill pill mate, you're never going to win a 1v5 engagement... Unless the 5 people are idiots...
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Calrid
    Calrid
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me how I can win 1 v 1 or even 1 on 2 or 1 on 3 or 4 or 5, perhaps then I will care. You don't know do you, you know you can't do it and you know why, and you just couldn't give a damn could you. From your mighty ivory tower you've had it your way for so long that you no longer give a damn about balance, it's ridiculously unbalanced we only hope it will be fixed in U6, everyone is saying please stop making DKs ridiculously op everywhere and has been saying it since launch. I know it you know it everyone knows it. Or you could send me a pm telling me how I am supposed to defeat you 1 on 1, but you won't because you know once you got all the advantages no *** can. And you do like lying to yourself as you have been doing in PVP since day 1.

I refused to go vampire well who the hell cares, you're still vastly op and your effectively with that, ruining pvp for others, and what's more you know it, have always known it, and don't give a ***.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You cant fight a talons spamming block casting DK unless you are just a god at the game.

there, you got someone who agrees with you; all the rolling and purging in the world will not save you from a talon spamming block-casting whip spamming DK, I know this because I have dealt with it for..... how long has the game been out now? 9 months? 10? the DK will keep you perma taloned while charging and whipping you to death, WHILE hiding behind their pretty shields:)(in all light armor btw; apparently light armor has more resistance than heavy armor:D must be power armor of some kind)

however, its not an exploit in my opinion, nor are the ones who do it exploiters.

its simply messed up balance. People that use this build are simply using what is "best"; they want to be the "best of the best" and they are willing to do just about anything to attain it.

I guarantee the people that are using these "OP DKS' now, will switch to a block casting blazing shield spamming templar come 1.6, or one of the other FOTM builds. If NB DW was the "best" build, many would flock to it simply because it was the best. They are not exploiters, they are doing what we stubborn people refuse to do, you cannot fault them for that. You don't have to agree with their builds or mindset(I certainly don't; as some of these builds should not be possible in my opinion, a person in LA should not be using a shield, I think that is utter crap) but to call them cheaters and what they do cheating is wrong and i dare say unfair.

Edited by Cody on March 1, 2015 3:11AM