The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

**Tamriel Lottery**

Hieru
Hieru
✭✭
Are you feeling lucky Tamriel? I am starting up the Tamriel lottery today (2/19/2015). The Tamriel lottery will evolve over time. There will be three winners each week. I will draw the numbers from a random number generator every Thursday evening. The first drawing will be Thursday 2/26/2015. All entries must be submitted by the Wednesday before the drawing Thursday. The entry fee for now is 1,000 gold. This may change over time as we see the lottery evolve in Tamriel.

What do you need to do to participate?
- Send an in game mail to @Hieru with a number between 1 and 1,000 with 1,000 gold.

What are the rules?
- I will choose three numbers with a random number generator.
- The first drawn number will be for first place, second number drawn will be for second place and the third number drawn will be for third place.
- The winner will be determined by who chose the closest number to the winning number without going over. An example is if person A chose 32 and person B chose 34 and the winning number is 33, then person A would be the winner.
- If two or more people choose the same exact number as the winning number that prize will be split between the winners. (I am open to amending this rule from feedback as we do it a few times.
- The winning numbers each week will be posted in this thread as well on my Twitter account @Redruum
- The winners will be contacted in game mail with their winnings.

Payouts
- 1st Place is 65% of the total
- 2nd Place is 20% of the total
- 3rd Place is 10% of the total

(I will collect 5% of the total to use to pay trade guilds for future items to add to the lottery in addition to gold winnings)

Here is an example of how it would unfold. If 30 people participate that is 30,000 gold in the lottery pot for the week. 1st place prize would be 19,500 gold. 2nd place prize would be 6,000 gold and third place prize would be 3,000 gold.

See you all in Tamriel!!

#FeelingLuckyTamriel
Acolytes Gaming Community
Daggerfall Covenant ~~~ Visit our Website Today

• hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I'm a fan of this. Lotteries *within guilds* are one thing...but I suppose if people want to gamble their gold that's their business.

I do hope a full list of entries is being published and the rolls will take place live on public site such as Rolz.org.
    Edited by hiyde on February 19, 2015 5:25PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Hieru
    Hieru
    ✭✭
    I will post the full list of entries in this thread before the drawing. I went to that rolz.org site, but seemed more for die rolls? I was thinking of using something like the generator on random.org. I guess I could stream on Twitch the results live, but I am not setup to stream yet.

We have one entry so far this morning. I am guessing there wil be more tonight as word spreads.

I will probably be looking to join some large trade guilds to buy your most expensive items with the 5% I collect each week.

• Hieru
    Hieru
    ✭✭
    There was only one entry and that was NOI

I am going to pay out 5k gold to NOI for being the only entrant. Guess I will suspend this as it doesn't seem to popular.

• Roguesw
    Roguesw
    Well unless you can get some big way to make it look official and live, i doubt people will enter. Too much of a risk, giving gold away and then thats it.If you were streaming it and were right next to the entries in the game, maybe i'd consider it
  • stoney153
    stoney153
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe make the time frame an hour each week, on a Saturday? and share a live twitch stream of your game (and the takings). That way we can all watch you randomly generate the numbers and we can check our own numbers against them.

Makes it more like a lottery.

Still a risk involved, but it might make people more willing to part with their hard-earned gold.