Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Archer templar - essential skills?

Narspeth
Narspeth
Soul Shriven
Hey guys,

I recently started playing ESO, created Khajit Templar and having a blast so far.
Currently I roll with dual wield but I really consider switching to Bow when I ding lvl 15.

What are some essential skills/passives in class trees for this kind of build? Now and after 1.6.
Binding Javelin? Blazing Spear?
Power of the light? Radiant aura?
My goal is to do good dps, not essentialy TOP and support my group without droping much in offensive aspect.

Does khajit critical passive works with bows now and on pts?
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played as an Archer Templar before, but for dps I would recommend you to mainly use skills from the weapon skill line, as they scale with your weapon damage and stamina. Sun Fire and Solar Flare are also both good long range skills that can be combined with weapon skills.
  • xRegosx
    xRegosx
    ✭✭
    Hey,im not an experienced player , i recently started but before opening my character and i was thinking about opening an archer so i looked in to some forums about classes and i found something about about a templar build maybe this can help you. http://www.gaiscioch.com/tavern/eso_guides/post_74303.html
  • Narspeth
    Narspeth
    Soul Shriven
    So.. I tried bow yesterday. I must say it wasn't juicy enough. I guess I can't get enough of slicing and blocking enemy, sweet interrupts and dodging when in melee. Still, probably gonna make bow my secondary weapon. Sun Fire and Solar Flare looks like and works like mage skills, I don't like that. I'll look through that link @xRegosx, thanks.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narspeth wrote: »
    So.. I tried bow yesterday. I must say it wasn't juicy enough. I guess I can't get enough of slicing and blocking enemy, sweet interrupts and dodging when in melee. Still, probably gonna make bow my secondary weapon. Sun Fire and Solar Flare looks like and works like mage skills, I don't like that. I'll look through that link @xRegosx, thanks.

Just remember, I think it's unfair to expect your secondary weapon you're just learning (at level 15) to be as powerful/useful as your primary weapon straight away. Apart from the obvious skill points you'll have to invest in it you'll also need actual time fighting with it to get use to the subtilties of using a different weapon too.

I'm glad you'll still stick with the bow as a secondary weapon for now, I think it's quite a wise choice; as you'll have some instances where you're unable to melee and having a ranged weapons is vital in those. With time and skill investment you'll find that you still can block, interrupt and dodge quite effectively with a bow, it's just a little different from melee.

Good luck with it.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to level the bow up to useful you'll need to kill single monsters with it regularly, I suppose that's really sort of grinding. When I first started working on the bow I went out and hunted for hides until it reached L14 in the skill. After that it was far more useful. For some monsters it's a better weapon than melee skills, because of that initial hit that you can get from stealth.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Valyndras
    Valyndras
    ✭✭
    If you want a Templar Archer DPS/support build, you might want to take a look at my thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/157146/archer-templar-dd-support-is-this-build-any-good?new=1

I myself am seeking the perfect build for this role.