Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the benefit from using a weapon that matches the skill?

Uberkull
Uberkull
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been using dual wield weapons (daggers, Swords, maces). I've been speccing Assassination skills like Killers blade, teleport strike, etc.

BUT you don't even need to use any type of blades or one handed weapons to use class skills. I can use a bow and still use 'blade' style class skills. I could use a two handed mace and use 'killer blade' class skill.

So I ask, unless I use the Weapon skill for the weapon I'm using, there is no benefit to equipping a weapon that matches the Class skill?
▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say come 1.6 that using the weapon that scales off your max resources, has the most damage and enables you to land a light attack every 8 seconds is your choice. Not what matches class skills animation.
  • Narspeth
    Narspeth
    Soul Shriven
    @uberkull I think there should be some restriction like size/weight of weapon when using some skills ( Two handed killers blade, or teleportation? kek ) but on the other hand it's just a fantasy game with some freedom of choice which make it a bit different from other games, so yeah thats about it, there is no real benefit for using weapon that match class skill. Just your preference.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narspeth wrote: »
    @uberkull I think there should be some restriction like size/weight of weapon when using some skills ( Two handed killers blade, or teleportation? kek ) but on the other hand it's just a fantasy game with some freedom of choice which make it a bit different from other games, so yeah thats about it, there is no real benefit for using weapon that match class skill. Just your preference.

I see. From a role playing perspective, or even a logical perspective, if you want to play a true Rogue type class, you equip two daggers and use the appropriate class skills to match. That's what I've been doing.

But then I wanted to use a bow for the weapon swap and realized my class skills for NB were all still usable. That's a funny looking attack....arrow arrow, suddenly a slash attack that has two blades appears from holding a bow.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Narspeth
    Narspeth
    Soul Shriven
    @uberkull well yeah, it's a bit silly but after all this are just class skills which even doesnt use your weapon of choice but instead create blade/spear with magic and stab with it. I wish I could just run without a weapon in hands and use this skills without drawback like lack of light and heavy attacks or have passive which replace my empty weapon slots with summoned weapon. That would be cool. But instead on my templar i hide my dual daggers/axes and summon spear in my hands, jeez.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's a similar situation with most classes. Templars pull out javeliins as spears at times regardless of what weapon you're actually using, which I think is fairly ridiculous. The good thing is that I've found it easy to get around this oddity by simply not using the skill/s.

It would be nice if what weapon we were using was integrated a lot more into the actual combat animations, but it is what it is.
    If you can be anything, be kind.