The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ayelid Gold & Dwarven Brass = Same Color

Preyfar
Preyfar
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
m9KP5Gb.jpg
Ayelid Gold (Left), Dwarven Brass (Right)

Pretty much the exact same same color (with a minor, MINOR difference in tint). Which wouldn't be so bad, maybe, if for "Rare" colors the weren't exactly alike. Ayelid Gold is relatively easy to gain. Dwarven Brass... not so much.

The Ayelid gold has a *little* more of an orange tint to it, but it's barely noticeable.

I did /bug report it, but figured getting more exposure never hurts. I was sadface to see Dwarven Brass was pretty much exactly like a hue I already had, and one that was REALLY easy to get -vs- the Dwemer motif.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually prefer the dwarven brass. I agree they are similar but I use the brass because the slightly darker tone suits the other darker colours I lean towards.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I did /bug report it, but figured getting more exposure never hurts. I was sadface to see Dwarven Brass was pretty much exactly like a hue I already had, and one that was REALLY easy to get -vs- the Dwemer motif.
    Not everything that's super rare needs to be better than something easier to get .. especially when we're talking something that's entirely subjective.

What bug do you think exists here? You admit yourself they're not identical.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    Not everything that's super rare needs to be better than something easier to get .. especially when we're talking something that's entirely subjective.

What bug do you think exists here? You admit yourself they're not identical.
    The main issue is that for them both being rare they're almost identical across the board. The values of the hues are so close that you can't tell the different between the two unless you know what to look for.

As a graphic designer, it irks me given that I swapped the colors back and forth several times and it took me a few tries to even see the color difference. That's the issue.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that every dye looks different on every material and racial style. I just pick dyes that look good on what I have at the time and don't worry about the name of the color.

I have also seen dyes that look different on some materials look the same on others. Makes sense as a number of the dyes are close in color and hue anyway. An example of this is Motif Brown, on some things it looks black, on others it looks brown. I know Motif Brown as it usually gives me the look of Black that I want in the game, because pure black is just hides the details in the armor.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kamikaze590
    Preyfar wrote: »
    m9KP5Gb.jpg
    Ayelid Gold (Left), Dwarven Brass (Right)

Pretty much the exact same same color (with a minor, MINOR difference in tint). Which wouldn't be so bad, maybe, if for "Rare" colors the weren't exactly alike. Ayelid Gold is relatively easy to gain. Dwarven Brass... not so much.

The Ayelid gold has a *little* more of an orange tint to it, but it's barely noticeable.

Hello, what chestpiece is that? It looks awesome! :D
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello, what chestpiece is that? It looks awesome! :D
    Dwemer medium.