The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A question about writs

Shrinkwrap
Shrinkwrap
✭✭✭
I've a three craft character, a level 24, who is over 41 on blacksmithing, woodworking and tayloring. I do writs everyday, and spend a good amount of time trying to level the character up as well in his class.

He is nine out of nine in blacksmithing, and six out of nine in the other two.

The writs continue to be the same materials, Ebony for bs, ebonthread or fel for cloth, yew for wood.

IE, I can work with voidstone now, it's easy and relatively cheap to buy, whereas ebony is rediculously expensive and hard to find.

At what point do the writs change and give me different materials to work with? Does my character have to 'level up' to a certain point?

AND, what changes can I expect will effect this question in 1.6 ??

Thanks!

• katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that, since the next tier of crafting writs turns in at The Hollow City in Coldharbour, your writ materials will change only once your character gains access to Coldharbour.
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can gain access to coldharbour by grouping with someone that is there and using travel to player.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can gain access to coldharbour by grouping with someone that is there and using travel to player.
    That sounds .. broken.

Clearly the zone is gated by the main story, this seems a borderline exploit, not that I'd argue for 'punishing' anyone using it, I find it hard to accept it's designed for this otherwise there's no reason to gate Coldharbour 'solo' access by completing zone stories.
    Edited by Kragorn on February 17, 2015 1:53PM