The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Control scheme tip...

mbaucco_ESO
mbaucco_ESO
Soul Shriven
If you unbind the mouse keys you can remap them. I did this so that I could bind attack and block to the keyboard and use my mouse exclusively for turning and movement.

I didn't realize you could do this until yesterday, and as a southpaw it makes the game much better for me! Now I can move with my mouse and handle all my attacks and skills from the keyboard.

-Matt

• Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do both if you like, have a mouse button and a key for the same action.

I map my LMB to the "Interact with world" so I can click doors, crates, etc. among other mouse button mapping such as LMB+RMB as my 'block'.

The only thing you can't do sadly is use SHIFT/ALT/CTRL with the mouse like you can in some other games, I miss that a lot.
    Options
  • mbaucco_ESO
    mbaucco_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I found that if I left the mouse keys double bound the character would try to do both things, so I went with single mapping, but perhaps I overlooked a setting somewhere.

I miss key modifiers too, but since there are fewer skills I can get by with what we have now.
    Options