The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to change level of crafted items

drallar
drallar
✭✭✭
Is anyone else experiencing a bug where they are no longer able to change the level of crafted piece of gear when making it? I play on NA server and when I try and make new gear for my alts if I change the level of an item from 16 to 20 for example when I click R to create the game resets the level to 16 and then creates it.

I have relogged, turned off all add-ons and tested this at both generic stations and set item stations with no luck. I have a level 50 crafter in each of the crafts and this has me baffled. I know there is a known issue on the PTS but I have had guildmates test and they can craft fine so I am wondering if is just my characters for some reason.

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bug is known and supposedly getting fixed in update 6.
    If you create a level 20 item, the crafting station automatically reverts to level 16 after item creation, but you'll still find a level 20 item in your inventory. Just remember to put the level back to what you need between each craft and you'll be fine. :)
    Wololo.
  • drallar
    drallar
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gyudan, with your tip I have been able to make the gear I needed. I noticed any key I hit resets the level of the item but Create will work if it is the last button hit.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dialog started out with problems and it's only got worse over the months. :(

I wasted 3 sets of purple tempers because I kept forgetting to RESELECT the item level after changing racial or other settings.