The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Back After Many Months, Questions About Changes to Combat and Attack Button

redwoodtreesprite2
On a second account, as I will need the storage LOL.

Playing a sorceror, and am wondering about the staff. Used to be, you held down the attack mouse button longer and it gave you some Magicka. But nothing different seems to happen at all now when I hold down the button. Just a basic attack.
This is a restoration staff too.

And on the ice staff, nothing but the same attack as when not pressing down longer.

Is this just with staff, or is it all weapons now? There was always something special that holding down the attack button longer did.
Edited by redwoodtreesprite2 on February 14, 2015 11:18PM
  • Morshire
    Morshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holding down the attack button longer = heavy attack. Tapping it is light attack. I don't know about getting magicka back (I use restro staff too). That is probably from a passive somewhere. And yes, it applies to all weapons. The different weapons obviously have different animations for the heavy/light attacks, but the results are the same.

Hope it helps and welcome back.
    Follow me if I advance, Kill me if I retreat, Avenge me if I die.

When this immediate evil power has been defeated, we shall not yet have won the long battle with the elemental barbarities. Another evil, it may be an invisible adversary, will attempt, again, and yet again, to destroy our frail civilization. Is it true, I wonder, that the only way to escape a war is to be in it?

If I die, you are forgiven, If I live, I will kill you.
  • redwoodtreesprite2
    Seems to be working finally. Maybe it was lag, don't know.