The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Change Bind on Pickup to Bound to "Character"

Robbmrp
Robbmrp
✭✭✭✭✭
ESO originally said that Crafters will be able to make the best items in the game. What they meant by that is we would be able to Improve the best items dropped in the game. With Bind on Pickup for the Trials Gear, that's no longer the case.

So my suggestion to ZOS is to change BoP to Bound to "Character or account" and have it set a Flag on the item to show that it cannot be equipped. Then the item could be traded to a Blacksmith for improvement.

Then if someone doesn't have a max crafter with reduced temper ability, they can get the item improved by a friend or pay someone to do it.
NA Server - Kildair
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOP as opposed to BOA items are simply a means to extend the game's life by forcing players to repeat content over and over on each character, I see no prospect of ZOS doing what you're asking for, they'll much more likely be happy to tell you to level crafting on all characters you want to do this on.

I totally agree with you that being able to have another crafter upgrade BOP gear is needed, but IMO BOP needs to go away entirely: but I know Hell will freeze over before ZOS will do that.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every weapon/armor in the game is already BoA the moment you equip it. Even the "Bound" items from Trials can be used on any of your 8 Account Characters. BoP means bound to that specific Character and cannot be even placed in your Bank or given to your own Alts. That said and as @Kragorn said, there's no reason for ZoS to encourage Players to be lazy and not level their own Crafting on at least 1 of their 8 Characters so they can improve their own gear.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    BOP as opposed to BOA items are simply a means to extend the game's life by forcing players to repeat content over and over on each character, I see no prospect of ZOS doing what you're asking for, they'll much more likely be happy to tell you to level crafting on all characters you want to do this on.

I totally agree with you that being able to have another crafter upgrade BOP gear is needed, but IMO BOP needs to go away entirely: but I know Hell will freeze over before ZOS will do that.

Oh I don't need this ability myself as I'm the one doing the upgrades for others. I figured it would be nice if I could upgrade all of the armor they are asking for.

It's funny how people comment when someone doesn't have a max crafter or gear rewards from running 1 billion trials that they are labeled "lazy". This game is supposed to be "Play as you Like", not "Play as you MUST" or "Play as others think you Should". Why should someone HAVE to create a crafter if that's not the way they like to play? As a maxed crafter I enjoy getting my characters to the highest level in crafting I can. I don't like to spend every waking minute in PvP, Dungeons or Trials like some people do. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, they are enjoying the game as they want to just as I am.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Robbmrp that it shouldn't be required. While it does make it easier you shouldn't be required to do that on your characters.

I'm a fellow crafter and would love to help others out, but I understand why it's not setup like this.

Maybe some day we can "Upgrade" other players outfits by just having them nearby with the gear equipped. (New idea?)
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inco wrote: »
    I agree with @Robbmrp that it shouldn't be required. While it does make it easier you shouldn't be required to do that on your characters.

I'm a fellow crafter and would love to help others out, but I understand why it's not setup like this.

Maybe some day we can "Upgrade" other players outfits by just having them nearby with the gear equipped. (New idea?)

On that note, maybe they could add something in the Group mechanics to allow it to be traded but not equipped within the group. So you would Group with someone, they could then trade you the armor which couldn't be equipped, upgrade it and trade it back.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play games which implement it via the normal 'trade' dialog.

In LOTRO IIRC there's a slot into which you put the item to be upgraded which the other player can interact with but the item won't be transferred to them, FFXIV has a similar mechanism I seem to recall but haven't used that in a long while.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think WoW had that same setup as I used to apply weapon chains and shield spikes for people that way. That's exactly what they need in this case, instead of having to go to an anvil to upgrade, you right click on the item and select improve and then select the temper/tannin type and quantity required to upgrade it.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Shlankwald
    Shlankwald
    ✭✭✭
    I am in agreeance with this.

I also like the system where in a trade window, you can place an item to be upgraded. Really I see no reason not to have this, it allows crafters to help others and use their trade to make some money if they so choose.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. We'll see what happens on this. Since this game advertises "Play as you want", there's nothing about that, that says you HAVE to create a crafter so let those who like crafting be able to upgrade other's bound items.
    NA Server - Kildair