The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Station Problem

Punnyguy
Punnyguy
Noob question. I'm a new player with my first character and I'm having a bit of trouble with beginning crafting, i.e., I can't access blacksmith crafting stations. When standing by the anvils and mousing over them, the "use" option does not appear. I know I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.
Edited by Punnyguy on February 11, 2015 12:36PM
  • ZOS_AlexD
    We've moved this discussion to the Crafting Discussions section as this would be more fitting. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Punnyguy
    Punnyguy
    Okay. Thanks.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlexD wrote: »
    We've moved this discussion to the Crafting Discussions section as this would be more fitting. Thank you for your understanding.

@ZoS_AlexD Tossing him to the wolves?

First guess, you are standing too far away from the anvil to get the "E".
    Second guess, you are standing in front of a picture of a forge and the real forge is not there. (Do a /s and ask where the forge is. Hopefully someone helpful is close by.)
    Third, your game is bugged and AlexD needs to create a support ticket for you.
    Edited by Darlgon on February 11, 2015 8:03PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to note, there are Anvils in the game that you can not access, they are just statics. They look a lot like the actual crafting station too. Maddeningly they are sometimes near the real Anvil that you can use. I think there is one like this Auridon, and for sure in Riften.
    Edited by Nestor on February 11, 2015 8:08PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Punnyguy
    Punnyguy
    Thanks for the help, guys.

Second guess, you are standing in front of a picture of a forge and the real forge is not there. (Do a /s and ask where the forge is. Hopefully someone helpful is close by.)
    Third, your game is bugged and AlexD needs to create a support ticket for you.[/quote]

I was standing practically on top of the anvil, so I don't think it was #1. ;) I'll check out #2 and #3 the next time I get a chance.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    You know it's really more about the water trough than it is the anvil, right? Try moving closer to the water trough.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Punnyguy
    Punnyguy
    You know it's really more about the water trough than it is the anvil, right? Try moving closer to the water trough.

Nope, I didn't know that. Closer to the water trough it is, then. Thanks!
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    ZOS_AlexD wrote: »

Third, your game is bugged and AlexD needs to create a support ticket for you.

I never understood the reason for these "fake" anvils. Anything that looks like an anvil, cloth table or wood working table should be just THAT, a working version. If you don't want people to use that one, remove it.
    Edited by Robbmrp on February 12, 2015 5:47PM
    NA Server - Kildair