Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just a few questions from a new player

scottsmithy
Hello , My problem is im a new player with quite a few questions that im hoping can be answered here with your help here they are...

1) what kind of rewards do you get from PVP at the end of a battle?

2) If your a Nightblade can you uses any weapons you want for example bows , daggers. staffs , sword , axes etc. Or is this not a good idea for a Nightblade?

3) Do passive ability's still work without using an active ability in that category?

4) Can you do all three different factions quests with the same character , or once you've done your own factions is that it?

5) Is it worth collecting the drops you get from enemy's around the game and selling them in the guild stores?

6) Do you sell items for there value price or the price the guild stores automatically put them to?

7) What is the best ways to make money at my level 30 character or just in general?

8) Were is the best place to sell my items I ask this because I currently use 4 trade guilds and there all full?

9) Can you get high valued items like legendary or epic items from drop off enemies through the game? if so where do go to find these items and what do you kill?

10) What happens when you reach level 50 do you change to level 1 veteran and do another 50 levels to reach veteran level 2 ect?

11) What's the cheapest way to repair you armour?

12) How can I find out the true price of an item ( street prices ) I ask this because im not sure if im selling my stuff for too much or too little is there any sort of guide?

Please can you answer these questions with the number of the question next to it so I can correspond them.

Thanks Scott.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Don't know AP?
    2. Use any weapon you want on any character. Although DW does mesh well with the NB Class Skills
    3. Most Weapon/Armor Passives are in effect without an active. The tool tips are clear when you need the active. Like slotting a skill gives you a boost in something. Class Passives, most of the time, you want one skill from each of the 3 skills in your class to get the full benefit of Class Passives
    4. Caldwells Silver and Gold take you through the other factions once you have finished your original one
    5. Unless it's a set piece, loot drops are Research fodder, decon for mats or vendored for gold. Note traited items do sell, but for the research purpose. Most set pieces sell for 200 to 500 gold in the guild stores. Warlock stuff can command higher prices, but not much else in the leveling areas will get you more than 200 to 500 gold.
    6. I check other stores and get an idea for what they sell for, then price accordingly
    7. Questing or farming public dungeons and vendoring loot is a good way to make money
    8. 95% of the stuff I sell, I sell to Vendors
    9. I have seen Purple drops, and Blue drops. Just kill mobs and you will get them eventually
    10. L50 and VR1 are the same thing. It takes 1,000,000 points to level a VR Rank. Figure on one complete zone to level a VR in Silver or Gold
    11. Don't get hit or use the Sturdy Trait
    12. No guide to pricing, just check the stores and zone chat for what people are asking.
    Edited by Nestor on February 10, 2015 6:46PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of your questions seem to be about Gold, understandable as it's so precious in the beginning. I can tell you that in the leveling zones, you can expect to earn, after repairs, about 10,000 to 12,000 gold in the first main zone (not the starter islands). It will go up as you go through the zones to about 20K per zone for the 4th and 5th ones. I just got a character to Coldharbor that has vendored 99% of the stuff she has found, and after repairs, and leveling 3 Imperial Horses, and upgrading her bag slots to 100, she has 64,000 gold. I have probably spent about 50,000 on bag spaces, and half that on repairs. So, figure 100,000 to 120,000 Gross in gold just from general questing and mob killings while getting to L45.

• scottsmithy
    ok guys Iv took in all the info you've gave me. thanks a lot I appreciate the help
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm.... I don't know all of it, but here is what I do have for you:

1. Rewards from PvP? No idea. I've been in Cyrodiil to do dungeons and only once ran into other players - both groups kind of freaked, all - out attacked, and we one. They died, did not drop anything (which I think is good).

2. Anyone can use any weapons. Go with what seems fun.

3. Yes

4. See above for answers from folks who have done it.

5. The only things (drops) I sell in guild stores are set pieces that I don't want (for some weird reason I love the prisoner's set) I also do some crafting to sell there, but that's another topic.

6. I sell them for lower. I hate having items accumulate in the store - means they aren't helping anyone.

7. Money? I am sooo the wrong person to ask. I am pretty much always broke. I play for the play - I would never have a horse if I hadn't gotten the imperial edition.

8. If your items are not moving they are over priced.

9. Yes. Some folks will tell you particular ones, and also there are rare blue and rarer purple drops from random opponents.

10. No idea. They will probably change it by the time I get there anyway (I've been on about 9 months and haven't gotten anyone to vet yet).

11. No 'cheapest', just go to a merchant. Well..... actually the cheapest is to be a healer with a really really good tank and just never get your armor injured.

12. It comes and goes. Motifs were higher priced earlier, then about a month ago I started seeing them for 50-100. Now they seem back to 150-200 or so. If you are really curious, then ask in chat. If you do that too often though, you will *** people off.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • scottsmithy
    Thanks newt mate
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Rewards in PvP are based off of AP, which is gained from taking or defending keeps/resources and killing other players. You'll get a reward in the mail for example every 20k AP earned.

In addition if you play PvP a lot you'll be ranked on the leaderboard. Each campaign has a different length of time. At the end of each campaign (weekly or monthly) players ranked on the leaderboards will receive an additional purple or gold reward in the mail.

2. Use any weapon. Generally speaking NBs are weapon damage/crit and stam based. This synergizes well with dual wield and bows. Caster NBs will also use destroy staffs and be magicka based.

3. Yes

4. lvl 1-45 take you through your own faction, then ~lvl 45-50 takes you to cold harbor. The next faction is v1-5 (cadwells silver). The third faction is v6-10 (cadwells gold). Finally Craglorn is an all group zone of just your faction and designed for v10-12 although many ppl go there at v1 to grind in groups.

5. When lvling don't focus so much on selling items in the store. You're not going to find anything of value in gear. You may be able to selling some of the raw/refined mats and potions however. Any gear of value comes later at v12-14.

6/12. Get the addon "shopkeeper". It will list all the items sold in your guild stores in the last 4 days with an avg selling price. This often can give you the info your looking for here.

7. At lvl 30 simply questing and vendoring your pickups will net you good gold.

8. Your trade guilds may have mostly sellers if they are well established. You might try a few new guilds or guilds that are actively recruiting leveling players who are more likely to purchase things. or join a guild in a busy city with a kiosk (ie Rawlkha).

9. Again most items of value come at v12-14 in vet dungeons, dsa or trials. You can farm dwemer motifs in those dungeons or farm alchemy mats for tri-pots as well. Those net good gold.

10. Lvl 50 is vet rank 1.

11. no cheap way to repair armor. vendoring all your pickups will get you back the gold you need for repairs.

12. see #6

Edited by Cuyler on February 11, 2015 2:23PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quick question: I head that the shopkeeper addon has not been updated - is there an alternative?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deome did a thing called "shopkeeper continued"; is this what you use?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Use this version of Shopkeeper. It's the original, up to date, taken over by @dopiate‌ from original author. However, I think dopiate said there would be no 1.6 update.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • DrHarmful
    DrHarmful
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Use this version of Shopkeeper. It's the original, up to date, taken over by @dopiate‌ from original author. However, I think dopiate said there would be no 1.6 update.

Hi Ourorboros,

We have already released a version for 1.6! :blush:

Here are the links to new versions of both addons that I maintain/develop. Both have been patch 6 updated and tested.

here is my ESOUI sig with the info....

Update 6 Info....

Patch 6 Most Recent Versions Available Here

I will be doing my best to update the online versions as soon as I am aware that Patch 6 is coming out.

Do NOT use these versions pre-Patch 6

-d
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dopiate wrote: »
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Hi Ourorboros,

Here are the links to new versions of both addons that I maintain/develop. Both have been patch 6 updated and tested.

here is my ESOUI sig with the info....

Update 6 Info....

Patch 6 Most Recent Versions Available Here

I will be doing my best to update the online versions as soon as I am aware that Patch 6 is coming out.

Do NOT use these versions pre-Patch 6

-d

Awesome! Thanks very much. This is one of my MUST HAVE add-ons.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dopiate wrote: »

Thank you for keeping this updated.