The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why Zerging will Reign Supreme in 1.6

RinaldoGandolphi
RinaldoGandolphi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
The way i see 1.6, you think zerging is bad now, just wait. Zerging will be even worse in 1.6. the sad thing is, small organized groups will no longer have any viable counters to it, as i will explain below.

Lets see here:

1. Negate - They nerfed Negate to uselessness, Absorption Field and the other morph of Negate flat out suck now, not even worth a spot on my bar.

-No more healing when dispelling effects,

-folks can cast all the AOE's they want inside the Negate as long as they are standing just outside of the bubble, those effects are no longer dispelled.

-it no longer dispels things inside its bubble for the duration as new skills can be cast right into it.

-it no longer stuns

so it really Negates nothing which means its useless.

Negate was the the only zerg buster skill Sorcs/Small groups had and now its gone....its obvious ZOS wants this game to be ruled by zerging, else they wouldn't have nerfed one of the main counters to zergs which was Negate. This is the reason so many folks ran it.

The only reason most Sorcs ran Negate on live is because of Zergs...see that 40+ group of pugs charging up the stairs outside Arrius mine? Dropping a Negate on them was the only counter to push them back with 12-15 organized people. Now, 40+ Zergs will have no problem just zerging over people trying to do anything at resources...all this will lead too is 80-100+ man zergs fighting over resources and keeps with no real strategy whatsoever but mindless lemming like zerging.

2. Siege- Considering Siege is still useless IMO because it don't do enough damage to players...i can still shoot a DK at point blank range with a Fire Ballista on the PTS and he can shrug it off like nothing...by golly you can die in 3-4 spells Crushing Shock, Heck Crit Charging with a great sword does more damage then a damn Ballista. I guess charging with a sword is more dangerous than getting shot with a piece of Field Artillery, because you know, being shot with the equivalent of Howitzer just doesn't matter in ESO.

Zerging will be king in 1.6 due to Siege not being strong enough and Negate being nerfed so hard. Siege ignoring Armor is not enough, it needs to do about 70% more damage then it does now and ignore armor, and the Siege itself needs to have less HP...you don't want to die to Artillery fire? then get out of the damn red circle...you should not be able to stand their and heal through it.

Furthermore, 2-3 smart players with siege set up in the right places should be capable of wiping larger groups standing on the flag at resources due to superior strategy, instead the opposite is true and the zerg has the advantage even against players with superior tactical positioning.....Increasing siege damage would put an end to this zerging nonsense that is ruining the game...and force these large groups to use strategy such as flanking the sieges or putting siege down of their own and returning fire....right now, having the "high ground" or superior defensive position doesn't matter against zergs because they can charge right through Field Artillery fire like it doesn't even matter, even on the PTS siege does pathetic damage compared to player skills and its ***(excuse my language) dropping a Negate on their heads from a position of tactical advantage will no longer matter either due to its nerfed into useless state.

As it stands right now, its impossible to wage any type of "Defensive Warfare". Siege doesn't do enough damage to make that viable. 20 players who are good should be more then capable of fending of 80-100 attackers, in a structure such as a castle. afterall, in Middle Ages War fare, taking a castle was no easy feat...first you had to bust the walls or scale them while having boiling oil and siege fire/catapults with archers firing on you...but since siege does such pathetic damage to players, they can simply walk right through it while spamming healing springs and it doesn't even matter. The 20 siege limit for defenders, along with sieges terrible damage to players just makes this problem more apparent. This in turn makes it near useless for even good players to successful defend a keep even with superior strategy. Siege offers no real threat of the attacker taking heavy causalities at the breech because they can just walk right though the stuff like it doesn't even matter.

Conclusion: Long story short, this game will become 100% a zerg fest...and if you want any hope of surviving, you best roll a Sorc and get used to spamming Bolt Escape..hop in, kill someone, Bolt Escape out, use LOS, pop Dark Conversion, rinse and repeat...because outside of running away from the zergs with Bolt Escape, you won't have any other viable options, as Siege don't do enough damage, and dropping a Negate on a zerg now will do little to stop them, on live Negate is a game changer and a very good zerg counter, on PTS, its not even an inconvenience.

If ZOS is smart, they will make siege more effective against players(really should un-nerf Negate too, but thats doubtful), if they don't, this game will become nothing more then who can bring the largest zerg, not who can play the better tactics. I personally do not find that fun at all.
Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
Officer Fire and Ice
Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, its not only that. Healing springs is probably the strongest heal in the game on PTS right now. And now with working purge + unstackable healingdebuffs the zergblob will still regin supreme, and lets not forget that AOE caps still seem to be in place for a LOT of skills on PTS right now.

All hail the zergblob!
    :]
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're a sorc aren't you?

If you think negate is useless after 1.6..... you haven't been paying attention.

Other pro tips, siege is ridiculously powerful.... you're using it wrong. Second, don't use real world examples on how things worked to balance a video game because well... yeah. Other pro tip, they did increase siege damage, maybe play the PTS and test before complaining on the forms.... makes you look silly.
    Edited by Huntler on February 10, 2015 5:33PM
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the new zerg buster PvP abilities.

I can easily see a small component of players pop that on themselves as run into the zerg causing as much damage as possible. A mixture of sorcs with shield stacking and DKs with corrosive armour could well do a lot of damage, especially when combined with players outside the zerg popping the other morph on random players.

Players will keep zerging for the first few weeks until people develop counters with the new abilities and balances, then it'll be just as easy to wipe 4-5x numbers with an organised group as it is now.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    Lawl, they nerfed negate because its the most broken skill in the game, they should nerf it more and should have done it much sooner, then maybe there would be some competition left in thornblade.

Hmm 1 ultimate to counter an infinite amount of enemy skills, it heals, gives back magicka and oh wait, it greys out everyones bar.
    While a negate is down healing springs can be spammed, which is an insane amount of healing, but right now the meta for dps is wall of elements (which is dumb), and suddenly you're immune to it....

Most players really dont have a clue.
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I. Am afraid the new zergbuster bomb will be useless to long of a cast time and no multiplier on damage 1.6 will in some ways look a lot like 1.5.8 :(
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

If you think negate is useless after 1.6..... you haven't been paying attention.

Other pro tips, siege is ridiculously powerful.... you're using it wrong. Second, don't use real world examples on how things worked to balance a video game because well... yeah. Other pro tip, they did increase siege damage, maybe play the PTS and test before complaining on the forms.... makes you look silly.

Umm I played the pts a lot. I have a templar and dk too, my main is a sorc.

Negate sucks now in comparison. Absorption Field on live:

Stuns

Dispells any effects and heals me

Anyone who casts a spell targeted inside my negate heals me, ground based aoe casted outside my negate that come inside my negate heal me.

The negate in 1.6 sucks in comparison.

Furthermore, I know siege ignores armor now, but it doesn't do enough base damage to players. 50% more damage on a crap base damage is not going to make much of a difference.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will miss the bubble of infinite dps burninination.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »

Stuns

Anyone who casts a spell targeted inside my negate heals me, ground based aoe casted outside my negate that come inside my negate heal me.

Furthermore, I know siege ignores armor now, but it doesn't do enough base damage to players. 50% more damage on a crap base damage is not going to make much of a difference.

Yes, by comparison it is extremely weaker. Which says a lot about how freaking fantastic that ultimate was before because as an ultimate in 1.6.... it is still unbelievably strong. It counters the other most powerful ultimates in the game..... are you serious?

And btw, they also increased based siege damage by 10%, siege on live is already ridiculously strong when used correctly. L2siege
    Edited by Huntler on February 10, 2015 6:35PM
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stuns

Yes, by comparison it is extremely weaker. Which says a lot about how freaking fantastic that ultimate was before because as an ultimate in 1.6.... it is still unbelievably strong. It counters the other most powerful ultimates in the game..... are you serious?

And btw, they also increased based siege damage by 10%, siege on live is already ridiculously strong when used correctly. L2siege

the rest of the Dark Magic tree outside of Crystal Fragments is pretty terrible. Dark Conversion is good if your running away and have space to trade some stamina, but Encase, Rune Prison, and even Daedric Mines are not that great. Granted Mines on the PTS are a bit better, but its still not a great skill. So Negate being as good as it was balanced that tree.

Well i hope 10% is enough, it should be 30% then i would be happy. I have seen folks walk through siege at the breeches way too often and shrug it off like nothing that im not getting my hopes up. I shot some people dead on in PTS with a Fire Ballista and it really didn't do that much damage.

Regardless, lets put what abilities are OP and whats not aside. My point is i hope ZOS balances out this game so it doesn't become a full on zerg fest, I don't think any of us find this fun at all. My hope is some changes, even if they aren't changes listed here, are implemented to ensure it doesn't become a zerg fest. Instead of folks stacking like they do now, they will just stack sheilds and walk right though siege fire likes its nothing. Do we want to trade one zerg fest for another?

I totally know how to siege, its my 2nd fav pass time in this game ;)
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stuns

the rest of the Dark Magic tree outside of Crystal Fragments is pretty terrible. Dark Conversion is good if your running away and have space to trade some stamina, but Encase, Rune Prison, and even Daedric Mines are not that great. Granted Mines on the PTS are a bit better, but its still not a great skill. So Negate being as good as it was balanced that tree.

Just a quick tip, welcome to most other class skill lines :) sorry its just the trust :p most of the abilities suck.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stuns

Just a quick tip, welcome to most other class skill lines :) sorry its just the trust :p most of the abilities suck.

hahaha agreed :) it would be nice if they replace some of those abilities someday with ones more useful :P

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stuns

Encase is one of the best skills we have.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

Stuns

indeed, but on live it costs way too much. I like Restraining Prison, but the cost on live...wow....its just way too much. on PTS its darn near impossible to Encase a target that is running around like you can on live, it just doesn't work, their is some kind of delay their. maybe this is fixed with todays PTS maintenance?
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stuns

indeed, but on live it costs way too much. I like Restraining Prison, but the cost on live...wow....its just way too much. on PTS its darn near impossible to Encase a target that is running around like you can on live, it just doesn't work, their is some kind of delay their. maybe this is fixed with todays PTS maintenance?

Restraining Prison is extremely cheap for the power of the spell. I would argue that it needs to be increased.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stuns

Restraining Prison is extremely cheap for the power of the spell. I would argue that it needs to be increased.

If it gets a synergy like talons i'm in, otherwise gtfo
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People seem surprised Negate has been nerfed. it currently is just a spam fest and laughable.

bad negate; bobs negate;bad negate; jims negate;bad negate; henry's negate; bad negate... wipe

wtf!! neeed mooar sorcs
    Edited by BRogueNZ on February 10, 2015 8:12PM
  • themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    People seem surprised Negate has been nerfed. it currently is just a spam fest and laughable.

bad negate; bobs negate;bad negate; jims negate;bad negate; henry's negate; bad negate... wipe

wtf!! neeed mooar sorcs

Had to give this an awesome. I hear in TS negate down then I see enemy negate go down then I hear in TS 2nd negate down. Then I think BANNER TIME - DK FUN TIME then an enemies negate drops. Then I hear in TS negate down.

Smh....
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way i see 1.6, you think zerging is bad now, just wait. Zerging will be even worse in 1.6. the sad thing is, small organized groups will no longer have any viable counters to it, as i will explain below.

Lets see here:

1. Negate - They nerfed Negate to uselessness, Absorption Field and the other morph of Negate flat out suck now, not even worth a spot on my bar.

-folks can cast all the AOE's they want inside the Negate as long as they are standing just outside of the bubble, those effects are no longer dispelled.

-it no longer dispels things inside its bubble for the duration as new skills can be cast right into it.

-it no longer stuns

Negate was the the only zerg buster skill Sorcs/Small groups had and now its gone....its obvious ZOS wants this game to be ruled by zerging, else they wouldn't have nerfed one of the main counters to zergs which was Negate. This is the reason so many folks ran it.

The only reason most Sorcs ran Negate on live is because of Zergs...see that 40+ group of pugs charging up the stairs outside Arrius mine? Dropping a Negate on them was the only counter to push them back with 12-15 organized people. Now, 40+ Zergs will have no problem just zerging over people trying to do anything at resources...all this will lead too is 80-100+ man zergs fighting over resources and keeps with no real strategy whatsoever but mindless lemming like zerging.

2. Siege- Considering Siege is still useless IMO because it don't do enough damage to players...i can still shoot a DK at point blank range with a Fire Ballista on the PTS and he can shrug it off like nothing...by golly you can die in 3-4 spells Crushing Shock, Heck Crit Charging with a great sword does more damage then a damn Ballista. I guess charging with a sword is more dangerous than getting shot with a piece of Field Artillery, because you know, being shot with the equivalent of Howitzer just doesn't matter in ESO.

Zerging will be king in 1.6 due to Siege not being strong enough and Negate being nerfed so hard. Siege ignoring Armor is not enough, it needs to do about 70% more damage then it does now and ignore armor, and the Siege itself needs to have less HP...you don't want to die to Artillery fire? then get out of the damn red circle...you should not be able to stand their and heal through it.

Furthermore, 2-3 smart players with siege set up in the right places should be capable of wiping larger groups standing on the flag at resources due to superior strategy, instead the opposite is true and the zerg has the advantage even against players with superior tactical positioning.....Increasing siege damage would put an end to this zerging nonsense that is ruining the game...and force these large groups to use strategy such as flanking the sieges or putting siege down of their own and returning fire....right now, having the "high ground" or superior defensive position doesn't matter against zergs because they can charge right through Field Artillery fire like it doesn't even matter, even on the PTS siege does pathetic damage compared to player skills and its ***(excuse my language) dropping a Negate on their heads from a position of tactical advantage will no longer matter either due to its nerfed into useless state.

As it stands right now, its impossible to wage any type of "Defensive Warfare". Siege doesn't do enough damage to make that viable. 20 players who are good should be more then capable of fending of 80-100 attackers, in a structure such as a castle. afterall, in Middle Ages War fare, taking a castle was no easy feat...first you had to bust the walls or scale them while having boiling oil and siege fire/catapults with archers firing on you...but since siege does such pathetic damage to players, they can simply walk right through it while spamming healing springs and it doesn't even matter. The 20 siege limit for defenders, along with sieges terrible damage to players just makes this problem more apparent. This in turn makes it near useless for even good players to successful defend a keep even with superior strategy. Siege offers no real threat of the attacker taking heavy causalities at the breech because they can just walk right though the stuff like it doesn't even matter.

Conclusion: Long story short, this game will become 100% a zerg fest...and if you want any hope of surviving, you best roll a Sorc and get used to spamming Bolt Escape..hop in, kill someone, Bolt Escape out, use LOS, pop Dark Conversion, rinse and repeat...because outside of running away from the zergs with Bolt Escape, you won't have any other viable options, as Siege don't do enough damage, and dropping a Negate on a zerg now will do little to stop them, on live Negate is a game changer and a very good zerg counter, on PTS, its not even an inconvenience.

If ZOS is smart, they will make siege more effective against players(really should un-nerf Negate too, but thats doubtful), if they don't, this game will become nothing more then who can bring the largest zerg, not who can play the better tactics. I personally do not find that fun at all.

Guide to fighting zergs in 1.6

Step 1 - Slot Meteor

The End

• themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets see here:

-it no longer stuns

Step 1 - Slot Meteor

The End

Step 2 - use sword and shield reflect.
    :]
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until Purge ceases to negate the majority of siege damage, especially oil, than there is no hope for a higher skill level to battles in Cyrodiil.

Watching a stream of players rush past a gauntlet of 6-7 oils unscathed... makes me wonder what exactly was passing for discussion amongst the PvP developers, to put it politely.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    Until Purge ceases to negate the majority of siege damage, especially oil, than there is no hope for a higher skill level to battles in Cyrodiil.

Watching a stream of players rush past a gauntlet of 6-7 oils unscathed... makes me wonder what exactly was passing for discussion amongst the PvP developers, to put it politely.

Your getting exactly to the point i was eluding too, im glad im not the only one that sees this regularly.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    For the record there's a lot more then purging that goes into rushing past oil. Maybe one day you guys will work it out.
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lets see here:

-it no longer stuns

Step 1 - Slot Meteor

The End

step 3.
    stack/spam damage shields
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    kind of new to sorrcery but, i use restraining in live and it's crazy op if you run sorc heavy crit builds ...
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The answer is meat.

Primary Meat.

Secondary Meat.

Tertiary Meat!

Become one with the meat.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Lets see here:

-it no longer stuns

Step 1 - Slot Meteor

The End

step 3.
    stack/spam damage shields

step 4.
    Walk away from explosion.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    step 5.
    Don't look back.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerging will always rule, doesn't matter how the game is changed or designed.

But the idea or people hopes for 1.6 was that new mechanics would force players to spread out, instead of standing on top of each other spamming destro/resto proc'ing ebola obsessively.

I dont think anyone knows how the new skills or the AoE cap affects larger scale fights yet, since there's no actual PvP wars on PTS, only duellers testing stuff and raging about sorcerer shield stack. Still think Meteror and that Magicka Detonation, might help a bit against blobbing.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets see here:

-it no longer stuns

Step 1 - Slot Meteor

The End

Step 3 - I do the same thing and watch ya die since spells only reflect twice.

• Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »
    I will miss the bubble of infinite dps burninination.

hah, I haven't thought of Trogdoor in years. :) Made me smile.