Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Suggestion : account-shared alliance ranks

Sotha_Sil
Sotha_Sil
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello guys,

I'm coming back to this idea.

What if alliance ranks you gain on a character were shared to your other characters aswell ?

It would let you play any character you want without having to start over again to unlock the alliance skills you need for example.

AP would still be character-based though.

Another idea would be that : when we unlock RANK 10 on a character it unlocks for the account.

Could we know what people think about this idea at ZoS ? @ZoS_BrianWheeler

This has been done in GW2 for example so I was just wondering.

EDIT : my apologies, I see there have already been many topics of discussions about this (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/146374/account-wide-alliance-ranks ; http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/150726/please-allow-alliance-ranks-to-be-account-wide-its-an-even-longer-grind-than-veteran-levels ; http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/149569/make-alliance-rank-account-wide ; http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/143406/alliance-war-rank-should-be-account-wide-for-characters-in-the-same-faction)
Edited by Sotha_Sil on February 9, 2015 1:22PM
Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • kenpachi480
    kenpachi480
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i like this

got 20 ranks on 1 account 15 on other, would be nice if they go into 1 pool making me lvl 27 or something
    Pain and Dead are the cost to the enjoyment of Battle

Captain Otter Wildwater - DK - V12 - EP
    GoS Vassal - Templar - V16 - EP
    Captain Izanagi Tsukiko - Sorc - still lvling - EP

Best selfclaimed Healer of Ebonheart Pact NA
    Options
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be quite different to the current system. You really have to push hard to earn ranks. I don´t want to directly reject your idea. I am not sure what goal that would serve. To get more pvpers or satisfy the current ones with multiple toons?
    Edited by Minnesinger on February 9, 2015 2:14PM
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
    Options
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, pre-vet camp filled of caltrops can't wait. I like it this way and no I wouldn't want to get 24+ on more than one toon but that way it's worth something more
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That would be quite different to the current system. You really have to push hard to earn ranks. I don´t want to directly reject your idea. I am not sure what goal that would serve. To get more pvpers or satisfy the current ones with multiple accounts?

Multiple accounts... ? I guess you mean characters.

Whatever, obvious reason are alliance rank skill lines, wich will contain 4 new skills in Update 6, all useful and all unlocked at rank 24.
    As the update changes the game quite a lot some may want to roll a new toon... just to have to grind through 24 ranks in order to bring their new builds to work. Great.

So, all for it.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please. As I stated in another thread it'll ruin the point of creating another character or rerolling into another faction, as if there already is a point :confused:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just another I want it all now , come on folks, seriously ?
    Options
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »

No its another I worked hard for something and I want credit for it thread.
    Options
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You worked hard, oh my. So you feel that you should get account credit for all your toons because you skilled up 1 toon, again seriously ? Just go have fun playing and forget trying to figure out how to get it all faster.
    Options
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You worked hard, oh my. So you feel that you should get account credit for all your toons because you skilled up 1 toon, again seriously ? Just go have fun playing and forget trying to figure out how to get it all faster.

Seeing as how long it takes to get high rank, its not that odd of a request.
    Options
  • Jacurutu
    Jacurutu
    Soul Shriven
    This seems like a very fair and valid suggestion...i completely aprove of it.
    It takes SOOO long to gain pvp levels in this game.It takes like 1 year of farming 200k ap every day to get max pvp level.. it would take 4 years or more of doing same to get on all 4 classes.
    Some people play on one char all of the time and they got warlord lvl or so, while others played on 4 chars and barely got lvl 10-15-20 on each of them.
    The overall pvp experience gained is similar but some people only want/like to play one char while other people want more diversity.Why should the latter be penalized?
    Problems like "omg..clatrops in low lvl campaigns" can be solved with something like: make the ranks available only after vet 1.This way new players do not get rolled over by relolls from older players and they will still experience the same effect when they play on the vet campaigns.

Tbh i don't care much about pvp titles but i wish i could get closer to that legate black by having all XP pooled from all my 6 vet chars.
    If not then at least get AVA skill lvl 10 on all my chars since i got it once.
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    No please. As I stated in another thread it'll ruin the point of creating another character or rerolling into another faction, as if there already is a point :confused:

For me the "point" of rerolling another faction is to balance populations.

Account wide Alliance ranks (or at least unlocking level 10 abilities) wouldn't make that easy, but it would make it less painful.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »

For me the "point" of rerolling another faction is to balance populations.

Account wide Alliance ranks (or at least unlocking level 10 abilities) wouldn't make that easy, but it would make it less painful.

The game already has low replay value, because you complete the other faction quests no matter what faction you choose to play as. The only reason people switch factions anymore seems to be to play with friends, or if their guilds switch, if they made Alliance Ranks account-wide, then what's the point of making an EP or DC character to play with my EP and DC friends if I'm already maxed out in PvP. I want it to be a long grind. That way I can keep coming back without worrying about hitting the max rank and losing interest in PvP.

This is coming from someone who spends 90% of his time in Cyrodiil on two characters, both are Lieutenant Grade II.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Options
  • Jacurutu
    Jacurutu
    Soul Shriven
    The game already has low replay value, because you complete the other faction quests no matter what faction you choose to play as. The only reason people switch factions anymore seems to be to play with friends, or if their guilds switch, if they made Alliance Ranks account-wide, then what's the point of making an EP or DC character to play with my EP and DC friends if I'm already maxed out in PvP. I want it to be a long grind. That way I can keep coming back without worrying about hitting the max rank and losing interest in PvP.

This is coming from someone who spends 90% of his time in Cyrodiil on two characters, both are Lieutenant Grade II.

Sorry but it seems to me that pvp should not be done with a purpose but for the fun it brings.
    Having to grind my char for 3-4 months before i can fully enjoy playing it does not make it fun for me.
    If indeed you are looking for a reason to play pvp outside the actual activity mb you can consider the AP you are making and how you can turn those into profit.
    I know people who ONLY play pvp since the beggining of the game and are still pvp ranks 35 or so...on one char and playing intensively...sometimes 12+ hours per day.(it's because not all pvp activities yeald large amounts of ap)
    So ..ok ..maybe not give all chars the same pvp rank or title...but at least allow all chars to access the maximum lvl of AVA skills available on all your chars
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id be down with this so long as its account wide but faction specific. In other words, if you have a rank 34 AD char, you would not automatically be rank 34 in both EP and DC.

You should have to fight on a faction to be ranked in that faction. Alts and everything else lumped together is fine by me.

Note for the record I have six PvP toons, in three factions. AD ranks 22, 20, 19, and 12. EP rank 16, and DC rank 14.

While id combine for like rank 32ish on AD side, I should remain rank 16 in EP for example (instead of the combined rank 35/36 id be if you counted all AP on all toons in all factions)
    Edited by Rylana on February 9, 2015 10:34PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Id be down with this so long as its account wide but faction specific. In other words, if you have a rank 34 AD char, you would not automatically be rank 34 in both EP and DC.

You should have to fight on a faction to be ranked in that faction. Alts and everything else lumped together is fine by me.

Note for the record I have six PvP toons, in three factions. AD ranks 22, 20, 19, and 12. EP rank 16, and DC rank 14.

While id combine for like rank 35ish on AD side, I should remain rank 16 in EP for example.

Yep i agree. Really not happy about not having rank 10 aliance war because i like to play both NB and DK.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »

While id combine for like rank 35ish on AD side, I should remain rank 16 in EP for example.

Yep i agree. Really not happy about not having rank 10 aliance war because i like to play both NB and DK.

I know the feels. Im still a full rank and a half away from AR24 on my main char cause of severe alt and faction itis.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jacurutu wrote: »

Sorry but it seems to me that pvp should not be done with a purpose but for the fun it brings.
    Having to grind my char for 3-4 months before i can fully enjoy playing it does not make it fun for me.
    If indeed you are looking for a reason to play pvp outside the actual activity mb you can consider the AP you are making and how you can turn those into profit.
    I know people who ONLY play pvp since the beggining of the game and are still pvp ranks 35 or so...on one char and playing intensively...sometimes 12+ hours per day.(it's because not all pvp activities yeald large amounts of ap)
    So ..ok ..maybe not give all chars the same pvp rank or title...but at least allow all chars to access the maximum lvl of AVA skills available on all your chars

You need a relatively high rank to use some of the Assault passives in the tree, 28-35ish I think. Handing them out to level tens isn't okay, you have to level every single other skill line in the game for different characters, so why change the Alliance one?

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Options
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because unlike any other skill line in the game, it takes months of playing hours every day to reach AR 24 and unlock all the alliance war abilities... having to spend 3 months feeling like you're significantly weaker with limited build options... a lot of pvp players who would otherwise switch class/alliance to breathe new life into the game, end up getting bored and walking away when you make them wait months to get back to the same level of progress they previously were
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    because unlike any other skill line in the game, it takes months of playing hours every day to reach AR 24 and unlock all the alliance war abilities... having to spend 3 months feeling like you're significantly weaker with limited build options... a lot of pvp players who would otherwise switch class/alliance to breathe new life into the game, end up getting bored and walking away when you make them wait months to get back to the same level of progress they previously were

Agreed.

I don't care about having the alliance rank on different accounts. I just want Assault/Support Rank 10 to not take FOREVER to get to. So many people for example are using stamina builds based off vigor in the PTS and will have to wait a long time before they even unlock that ability because of how long it takes to get Assault/Support 10.

Either make Assault/Support account wide or reduce the amount of AP it takes to get there. This isn't about taking shortcuts, but making it more reasonable to re-roll and get back into the fight instead of slaving away for months until you reach your potential.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want it to be a long grind.

Most people don't. They want to have good fights in Cyrodiil. Balanced populations make that much more likely.

Making it easier for people to reroll on another faction (without the AP grind) helps that balance.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I want it to be a long grind.

Most people don't. They want to have good fights in Cyrodiil. Balanced populations make that much more likely.

Making it easier for people to reroll on another faction (without the AP grind) helps that balance.

No.
    It hurts it.

Edit:
    Doesnt mean I am against the suggestion, all for it as long as faction based.
    Edited by ToRelax on February 10, 2015 3:27AM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need a relatively high rank to use some of the Assault passives in the tree, 28-35ish I think. Handing them out to level tens isn't okay, you have to level every single other skill line in the game for different characters, so why change the Alliance one?

Because no other skill line in the game takes months of effort to unlock skills that are essential for pvp. I get it though, you spent a lot of time in pvp and want to have an advantage over other players who don't play as often as you. Some of us just aren't happy being stonewalled by abilities that have a grind associated with them that is incomparable to anything else in the game.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaenir wrote: »

Because no other skill line in the game takes months of effort to unlock skills that are essential for pvp. I get it though, you spent a lot of time in pvp and want to have an advantage over other players who don't play as often as you. Some of us just aren't happy being stonewalled by abilities that have a grind associated with them that is incomparable to anything else in the game.

Not to mention that there are quite a few out there that got to use an exploit early in the game that allowed them to power level up alliance war ranks into the teens before it was nerfed/fixed.

Then there were the people sitting in bloodport towers farming ticks, and the people using macro/third party to not log out, and so on.

A lot of that stuff doesnt work anymore, but I know a good deal of people that used the hell out of them and never actually PvPed for their ranks.
    Options
  • Durann
    Durann
    ✭✭
    I am against this. But i would like to ask: why not unlock the skills earlier? Not on AR 24, instead giving them to AR 9, 12 etc. It doesnt take too long to get that rank, but you'd still have to earn it.
    Edited by Durann on February 10, 2015 12:40PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durann wrote: »
    I am against this. But i would like to ask: why not unlock the skills earlier? Not on AR 24, instead giving them to AR 9, 12 etc. It doesnt take too long to get that rank, but you'd still have to earn it.
    That would be good, but then they would also need to add in something worthwhile for reaching the higher ranks. At the moment, Alliance Ranks above 25 don't really do much.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reaching Assault/Support 10 takes a lot of playing in pvp. I too think that an account-based system for this would be good. There is enough grind already to get a new character to v14.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. If you were playing chess, or a game where all of your characters played simultaneously as a team, then yes. In ESO you play single characters, so experience (and the benefits it brings) are not shared.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    No. If you were playing chess, or a game where all of your characters played simultaneously as a team, then yes. In ESO you play single characters, so experience (and the benefits it brings) are not shared.

Lolwut
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
    Options
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I highly believe in this. The games been out almost a year yet no one has Grand Overlord yet. It just shows you how hard it is to get Max Level AP Rank. Its the biggest grind in the game. Some people enjoy multiple characters and with the concept of the champion system the alliance war rank idea fits perfectly into it.
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

1. Armor Dyes
    2. Acheivements
    3. Champion Points
    4. Horses
    5. Costumes

Are all account wide (or soon to be).
    Why stop at pvp rank?

DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options