The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Duels - Magicka Nightblade 1.6+ Build/Testing Preview

Sypher
Sypher
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMBfUTs62iw

Been testing on a caster resto/destro based Nightblade. Here are a few duels showcasing the build and play style behind it.

Hope you enjoy!
DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video, I personally really don't like 1.6 because it renders a lot of popular builds that use to work nicely in 1.5 useless, so all the time we put into those, aren't workable anymore. Then there's the nerf to our stats... But oh well.

I feel like Magicka NBs and DKs got the short end of the stick with the changes to Surprise Attack/Ambush and Unstable Flame, and they took away the miss chance from Cinder Storm!! >_<

But then the full health damage shield from ferocious leap so.. ZOS giveth, ZOS taketh. That moment when I look back at character select and the ten minutes I pondered making Crassus a Templar.............
    Edited by Panda244 on February 9, 2015 3:20AM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice vid! I noticed Araxleon using a lot of the same skills. Seems to be the sort of playstyle needed for magicka nb builds now.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destro is so boring, even if you played good.. :/
    say no to Destro!
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • cwp303b14_ESO
    cwp303b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think the play style looks pretty fun. Sorta like a yo-yo with the kiting and running in for a stealthed concealed blade.

I have 2 questions off the top of my head:

1. Why did you choose a lightning staff? What is it about channeled heavy attacks that make them more desirable?

2. I noticed that you don't have an execute(Impale). Was it something you found unnecessary for finishing targets or was it not valuable enough to slot over other skills? I feel like it would be important for burst and the resource regen in 1vX situations.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the play style looks pretty fun. Sorta like a yo-yo with the kiting and running in for a stealthed concealed blade.

1. Why did you choose a lightning staff? What is it about channeled heavy attacks that make them more desirable?

2. I noticed that you don't have an execute(Impale). Was it something you found unnecessary for finishing targets or was it not valuable enough to slot over other skills? I feel like it would be important for burst and the resource regen in 1vX situations.

Lightning reduces dmg which is nice for a light armour build that is squishy and relies on shields. Also it cant be reflected like the other 2. Could be either of those 2 reasons or maybe he has another.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Fusilero
    Fusilero
    ✭✭
    now every sorc use BoL.....f* u 1.6!
    Fusilero
    Nexus
    PS4: XA-97
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. Ignores block and reflect
    2. Average health is at around 20k, meaning that Impale is able to proc at around 5k health left. Crushing shock uncrit deals this kind of dmg already and even if not you got your dots, you will get to 5k dmg in this second.

Impale is probably a couple of ms faster and easier, but not necessary in my opinion and not worth a slot.

Siphoning or Destro Range are the way to go I think.
    Siphoning range is actually funny with S&B reflect, but Destro got higher Dps.

I tested the siphoning build yesterday combined with whitestrake and the HPS are that high that a simple whitestrake proc gets me enough time to get up to 75% health again.
    Dmg with three dots and Funnel Health is quit enough.. But range compared to melee is not that funny.. :/

Edited by Soulac on February 9, 2015 7:27AM

- Meow -
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    say no to Destro!
    +1
    What about our duels sypher? You killed me more than the contrary, but my melee magicka build still competitive agaisnt you :P

Edited by Erondil on February 9, 2015 7:39AM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Nice video, I personally really don't like 1.6 because it renders a lot of popular builds that use to work nicely in 1.5 useless, so all the time we put into those, aren't workable anymore. Then there's the nerf to our stats... But oh well.

Im very glad they got rid of the perma s&b blockers in their boring frocks as u saw them since beta.
    Now they finally have to be creative.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fusilero wrote: »

You wait till every sorc starts running S&B reflect and BoL, virtually unkillable by magicka builds.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Bipolo
    Bipolo
    ✭✭✭
    say no to Destro!
    This

Edit: and the TTK without shield stacking, geez
    Edited by Bipolo on February 9, 2015 12:59PM
    Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
    "Nords who prove themselves in battle awaken in the realm after death. Pain and illness vanish within the Hall of Valor.
    Revelry is never-ending, mead flows freely, and the greatest Nords of all time compete in tests of strength and prowess. (...)
    Through all the suffering and adversity in this world, true Nord warriors endure, for Sovngarde awaits."

- The Road to Sovngarde
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You wait till every sorc starts running S&B reflect and BoL, virtually unkillable by magicka builds.

You already absorb every projectile, why using another ability to reflect then?

- Meow -
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You already absorb every projectile, why using another ability to reflect then?

Absorb is absorb, reflect is reflect.

Whenever I want to push you, I let the BoL run out and use your offensive power (Crushy, Frags, Stone Fist, whatever) against you to create bursts of damage. Also BoL can notoriously bug out and leave you hanging, so Posture is another layer of protection. And for a sorc the reflect stun is my longest form of CC, everything else barely lasts 2".

Very very few players have shields up 100% of the time. When I notice your shields going down, I make my move. Also a lot of players think it's my mistake forgetting to reapply the BoL and actually use their strongest projectile against me, when in fact that's exactly what I'm baiting. That's my tactic.

I've been dueling quite a bit with Doges, ask him how brutal it can be getting your Crushy Shock returned to you along with a Velocious Curse proc and a Frag Proc from me. Doges has wisened up to it after all our duels, like I did against his Detonation + Streak combo, and now we mostly draw after 20+ mins. But I'm winning the vast majority of my duels against other ranged casters by using the S&B reflect.

Derra's stupid pet build seems to be the counter though, as the pets do a lot of unreflectable damage and without reflects I can't push another player hard enough with just Frag Procs and Velocious Curse.
    Edited by Maulkin on February 9, 2015 2:11PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I right in saying your only heals are from Healing Ward, Syphon Spirit and Entropy's secondary effect?
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in saying your only heals are from Healing Ward, Syphon Spirit and Entropy's secondary effect?

Yes, and the occasional potion.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well played, but Destro/Resto meh. So incredibly boring.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

So why Spirit over Quick Syphon? Does 1% magika return make much of a difference?
    Edited by AriBoh on February 9, 2015 3:24PM
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So why Spirit over Quick Syphon? Does 1% magika return make much of a difference?

1% for each attack.
    Shadow image counts as attacks, light attack does and the skill itself too.

- Meow -
  • Decimus_Rex
    Decimus_Rex
    ✭✭✭
    Stick and Skirt is back in fashion.

That is sooo 1980's Buffy !

http://youtu.be/YAIjVeG4_S8
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1 light attack + 1 force shock = 4 attacks = 4% magicka return. Mix that with the elemental drain magicka return and other abilities such as shade/cripple and it adds up.

But in open world I will probably use quick siphon because it's more reliable while outnumbered.

• Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well if ya'll wanna donate <.< I could make a hybrid build already
    PS; I cant promise that 50% of profits will go to tri pots
    jk jk
  • Fusilero
    Fusilero
    ✭✭

i have been using S&B reflect for a long time . it is just the fastest way to kill a dk. better than a crushing schock build cause u dont have to wait so much to get a good timing with that build...
    Fusilero
    Nexus
    PS4: XA-97
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i have been using S&B reflect for a long time . it is just the fastest way to kill a dk. better than a crushing schock build cause u dont have to wait so much to get a good timing with that build...

Well yes, that's how the build came about. From non-DK duelists trying to find a way past the epic skill that is Reflective Scales.

But it's immensely effective against any ranged caster, not just DKs.

I does leave you a bit short of burst damage in open PvP though, as a Sorc at least, which is a fair trade I suppose. If I had a penny for every time I've had an enemy knocked down and I was sitting there spamming my feeble Endless Fury praying to Satan for a Frag proc XD
    Edited by Maulkin on February 9, 2015 7:33PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did it show the guild they were in??
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    How did it show the guild they were in??

"Social Indicators Add On" from ESOui

• TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know you like those staff builds sypher so I'll leave you to it. Good vid
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »

They butchered my old magicka melee build, So I just looked for different options.

• Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petrify needs to be fixed. That DK attempting the stun lock should be ashamed of such gimmicky playstyle.
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭

They butchered my old magicka melee build, So I just looked for different options.

Wait till you see my bomber a.k.a. Witcher build lol.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel you.

I might give this build a shot on the PTs, though the transition from heavy>light will be interesting haha.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire