The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can you make it so we can abandon our campaign/server for 15k?

Asia_Skyly
Asia_Skyly
✭✭✭
I have characters on all three factions right now, moving them from one campaign to another is a nightmare. All I am asking is for an option to either:

1. Guest to the same server you are homed.
2. Allow us to leave a campaign for the same cost of 15k AP.

When leaving the campaign there should NOT be a time penalty to select a new one.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. If for whatever reason I decided I wanted my 4 DC characters on the 4 vet campaigns, I couldn't do it because my EP and AD characters can only switch, they can't leave a campaign.
    [DC/NA]
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ya ummm that system is suppose to do that . Prevent faction swapping an what not .
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way! The lockout should be more than it is now. Last thing we need is people hopping servers and farming emp on an even more daily basis. You silly kids and your wacky ideas
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way! The lockout should be more than it is now. Last thing we need is people hopping servers and farming emp on an even more daily basis. You silly kids and your wacky ideas

What....lockout? The wacky idea is that your character has to switch to another campaign rather than just leave entirely.

I have a couple AD characters that I never play, I homed them in a campaign months ago, now my guild is moving to that camapign. I don't mind having to earn the 15k ap to leave the campaign, but the fact that I have to move them to another campaign rather than just having them sit out of PVP entirely is just bad design.

4 campaigns, 3 factions, & 8 characters. It adds up to frustration without actually preventing exploitation.
    [DC/NA]
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree ZOS please listen and do this! I made different faction characters because I didn't want to do all the factions on one character. I wanted to do them from the ground up. I had no idea I couldn't leave or unguest from a campaign. Now I may need to delete my alts. The system is redundant since travel to player gets around it.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh so it's a LOL war you want eh ?!
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will out lol you all, for I have the favor of Dee Tick.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry I have the best LOL:Comment ratio. But I still win in this thread as no one should be able to have alts in the same campaign from different factions and you should have to wait the time they give to swap guest/home to keep from groups farming Emp on fresh servers.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I have the best LOL:Comment ratio. But I still win in this thread as no one should be able to have alts in the same campaign from different factions and you should have to wait the time they give to swap guest/home to keep from groups farming Emp on fresh servers.
    @Princess_Asgari‌ @roechacca‌ I think you missed the point. OP doesn't want to have alts from different factions in the same campaign; they want to get the alts from other factions out of a campaign so that they can re-Home their main. They aren't opposed to the faction lock, the lockout timer or the AP cost.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Princess_Asgari‌ @roechacca‌ I think you missed the point. OP doesn't want to have alts from different factions in the same campaign; they want to get the alts from other factions out of a campaign so that they can re-Home their main. They aren't opposed to the faction lock, the lockout timer or the AP cost.

I read this 5 times . There's still a blinking , buzzing lightbulb over my head . Ah never mind it just broke .
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I have one character parked in a campaign that I do not care about simply because I had to move it and could not opt out of Cyrodiil completely.

Now I get notifications from Cyrodiil on that character for a campaign I do not care about.

I sent a note to CS and the reply was that I am stuck there, so I am patiently waiting for them to dump the campaigns. I figure that they will do this for Tamriel Unlimited, but then I also expected them to do it with Update 5. Once they do, I can finally be free of Cyrodiil on that character.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they allowed people to drop campaigns completly , they would have more cross faction troubles . They'd need to implement a lock out based on the campaign to do this . 7 days for 7 day campaigns , 14 days for 2 weeks campaign and 30 day lockout for major campaigns . If players just want to drop out of PVP all together , I could see this as a option .
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you missed the point. OP doesn't want to have alts from different factions in the same campaign; they want to get the alts from other factions out of a campaign so that they can re-Home their main. They aren't opposed to the faction lock, the lockout timer or the AP cost.

Yes this. It's extremely simple to have alts in the same camp. But I don't want that I want to be able to leave a camp or guest. I made alts and selected a camp because I was prompted to by the cyro mail I got and I didn't know I could never unselect. There are so few camps now that I actually had my characters locked, none could move camps. I had to contact CS and have a character temporarily deleted so I could fix it.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It should just be a % of the AP you have earned whist in that campaign. i.e if you have made 4m AP and become emp then leaving to give it to a friend it costs you 600k+ but if you earned 100 AP it only costs you 15 AP to swap.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to port to friends from guild or friends list makes faction locking pointless. People are able to jump from campaign to campaign is already done. There is no reason for someone to not be able to abandon a campaign.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't you home your AD on the same campaign? Pick one you don't want to play on and do that, probably your best option as things are now.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    If they allowed people to drop campaigns completly , they would have more cross faction troubles . They'd need to implement a lock out based on the campaign to do this . 7 days for 7 day campaigns , 14 days for 2 weeks campaign and 30 day lockout for major campaigns . If players just want to drop out of PVP all together , I could see this as a option .
    How would there be more cross-faction troubles? The lockout timer and cost would be exactly the same; abandon a Home Campaign for 15,000 AP and you can't set any other Home campaign for 3 days. Abandon a Guest Campaign for free, and you can't set a new Guest Campaign for 3 days. This is exactly the same as the current system, except it results in some characters not being assigned to any campaigns at all.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How would there be more cross-faction troubles? The lockout timer and cost would be exactly the same; abandon a Home Campaign for 15,000 AP and you can't set any other Home campaign for 3 days. Abandon a Guest Campaign for free, and you can't set a new Guest Campaign for 3 days. This is exactly the same as the current system, except it results in some characters not being assigned to any campaigns at all.

In short I said if you leave a campaign you just couldn't get back until it's over and a new one starts . That would lock out people from coming back in with alts .
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I just had to delete one of my characters on the PTS so I could enter Haredus on my main.
    I've also had similar problems on live.
    I've learned to never roll an alt on a different faction, it just creates problems.
    Edited by kimboh on February 4, 2015 8:22PM
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I had no idea the system would be so troublesome or I wouldn't have either. I thought it was a great idea to do the other factions on an alt from the start instead of as a vet.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In short I said if you leave a campaign you just couldn't get back until it's over and a new one starts . That would lock out people from coming back in with alts .

My god man, do you not see that what you're trying so hard to avoid is already possible?

Let me spell it out for you.

My DC character is in Thornblade. I spend 15k AP and move him to Chillrend. My AD and EP characters can now move to Thornblade. Oh GOD NO! The humanity!

So why exactly is it better that I'm forced to move to a campaign rather than just leave PVP completely? Please, tell me what is going on inside that head of yours, you seem so damn sure that the ability to leave all campaigns will open up the door for massive amounts of exploitation. But all you ever say is "they could..." but they already can!
    Edited by badmojo on February 5, 2015 12:57AM
    [DC/NA]
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE I have an level 19 alt of another faction from like 5 months ago. He doesn't have enough AP to switch servers. I want to make the server he's on my mains guest server... All I can do is delete him.. I'm not going to play him.
    Edited by TheBull on February 5, 2015 12:58AM
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    PLEASE I have an level 19 alt of another faction from like 5 months ago. He doesn't have enough AP to switch servers. I want to make the server he's on my mains guest server... All I can do is delete him.. I'm not going to play him.

Man up and play for a couple hours. This thread is not about circumventing the price of leaving a campaign.
    [DC/NA]
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »

Man up and play for a couple hours. This thread is not about circumventing the price of leaving a campaign.
    No it's about the problems people run into managing alts and AvA.

I play one campaign. In fact I have never played on a guest sever more than a couple hours total in the last 11 months. I play one faction. I do not want people to have multiple toons playing different faction in the same AvA either.

I just want a better solution for situations such as mine and OPs.
    Edited by TheBull on February 5, 2015 1:19AM
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya ummm that system is suppose to do that . Prevent faction swapping an what not .

your point is irrelevant you can guest in anyway.

it absolutely would be great if this was implemented.

OR simply reset every toon as unassigned every time a campaign ends, and physically choose a campaign every time. This would be even better, dosent encourage hopping around and you dont end up locked out because of some alt you dont even want to play with.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

your point is irrelevant you can guest in anyway.

it absolutely would be great if this was implemented.

OR simply reset every toon as unassigned every time a campaign ends, and physically choose a campaign every time. This would be even better, dosent encourage hopping around and you dont end up locked out because of some alt you dont even want to play with.
    That would work too.
    Edited by TheBull on February 5, 2015 1:26AM
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »

No it's about the problems people run into managing alts and AvA.

I play one campaign. In fact I have never played on a guest sever more than a couple hours total in the last 11 months. I play one faction. I do not want people to have multiple toons playing different faction in the same AvA either.

I just want a better solution for situations such as mine and OPs.

Right, but we can't just throw out the AP cost for moving campaigns. Even if they gave the option of leaving a campaign for free, people would just leave then join another one and save that 15k AP.

15k AP isn't that hard to get if there is at least some action on the campaign.
    [DC/NA]
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brian_wheeler posted he knows about the way to circumvent the system . That was not intended . You guys post what ever you want . I don't think allowing people to circumvent the system is a good idea . It's exploitable . Maybe he has a plan to fix it in 1.6 ? Maybe not .
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be completely happy with having an option to unassign camp home/quest at camp end. Anything at all would help!