Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PTS 1.6] - Number Inflation?

Panda244
Panda244
✭✭✭✭✭
Seen a lot of posts supporting both sides of the argument, I however do not like the bloated numbers, it makes the game look ugly, and it also hides some minor and major nerfs to our characters. I made this thread to gather both sides of the arguments so ZOS doesn't have to go through the multiple posts for both sides, vote and discuss. I for one want the 1.5 stats to stay the way they are.
Edited by Panda244 on January 31, 2015 11:36PM
Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
#FreeGooey
#FreeAsgari
#FreeAoE
#FreeSubtomik
#FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.

[PTS 1.6] - Number Inflation? 116 votes

Roll back number inflation to 1.5 stats, (2,500+ HP etc.)
75%
Aren_LiorePoxheartWolfaenBouvinnerevarine1138ArmitasPsychobunnicubbyhomesb14_ESOForestd16b14_ESOAnimal_MotherDarkintellectEsha76DirtySmeegs33DrazekKevinmonShadesofkinBeowulf_McCallumTwilightDragoniteYusufAllicus 87 votes
Keep 1.6 bloated numbers, (26,000+ HP etc.)
17%
JahosefatKeldoncavakthestampedeJahoelAlphashadoWolfsspinneFlinkeKlingeLordTareqGemseedDaraughNijjionTargolakmanny254Elijah_CrowMorathrasBlack_Wolf88tplink3r1DetectorGarkinNorthern_Wolfling 20 votes
Other
7%
Fat_Cat45Khivas_CarrickSoulshineTankqullMuizergdorsettub17_ESORev RiellePreciousJoejudas 9 votes
  • cubbyhomesb14_ESO
    Roll them back imo.
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roll it back and give us back our stats that we already had that we will now have to re-earn via the Champion System.
    Edited by dharbert on January 31, 2015 11:42PM
  • The_SpAwN
    The_SpAwN
    ✭✭✭
    Roll back.
    Still can't get why they messed up everything like this :neutral_face:
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I could deal with the numbers....although I think they are hiding nerfs..If..it didn't take me so long to get a cp.
    Edited by Joejudas on January 31, 2015 11:47PM
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't like it
  • Gemseed
    Gemseed
    ✭✭✭
    Not a big fan of it, but I get why they're doing it. Plus, not a big deal. So...
  • Precious
    Precious
    Other
    The reason why the numbers will be inflated is so that you can see the minor stat upgrades you get when you put points in your champion system tree. They wanted it to feel a little more significant when you get 100 health instead of 1 health. All in all I think the poll potentially exaggerates at "26,000+ HP" when I think at least it will be around that 12,000 HP. Which is a lot more reasonable and less of a jump to which I think people will be much more forgiving with. Can we get developer feedback on that or confirmation from anywhere?

Thank you x
  • Dave2836
    Dave2836
    ✭✭✭
    I think back to the beginning of this game and one of the original complaints is the lack of shown numbers such as health and stamina, and we are just treated with a horizontal bar that compresses or expands.

Now that they show us some numbers, we question why or how come or what's the difference?. Sometimes it's preferable to not open pandora's box.
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Dave2836 wrote: »
    I think back to the beginning of this game and one of the original complaints is the lack of shown numbers such as health and stamina, and we are just treated with a horizontal bar that compresses or expands.

Now that they show us some numbers, we question why or how come or what's the difference?. Sometimes it's preferable to not open pandora's box.

I think they assumed this :
    I have a dollar....and someone takes it and gives it back in the form of 99 pennies hoping I wouldn't notice the one missing. Well ZOS we noticed the missing pennies and are not happy.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Precious wrote: »
    The reason why the numbers will be inflated is so that you can see the minor stat upgrades you get when you put points in your champion system tree. They wanted it to feel a little more significant when you get 100 health instead of 1 health. All in all I think the poll potentially exaggerates at "26,000+ HP" when I think at least it will be around that 12,000 HP. Which is a lot more reasonable and less of a jump to which I think people will be much more forgiving with. Can we get developer feedback on that or confirmation from anywhere?

Thank you x

I understand this reason, but it's a stupid reason. In the overall globe of things 1% is 1%, I don't need to see it, it's 1%. And the average HP on the PTS is 25k, someone said they saw a tank in PvP with 50k HP, which isn't surprising. Cause tank.

But I personally dislike the entire inflation, I don't need bigger numbers to feel better. 1% is 1%. It's crap, 5% is better, but it's still 5%, 5 or 500. They're small percentages and bigger numbers don't make them look any prettier. It's just plain dumb.
    Joejudas wrote: »

I have a dollar....and someone takes it and gives it back in the form of 99 pennies hoping I wouldn't notice the one missing. Well ZOS we noticed the missing pennies and are not happy.

Ding ding ding. $$$$$$$$$$! Perfect comparison Joe, perfec
    Edited by Panda244 on February 1, 2015 12:27AM
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Thank you x

Just a note to say one of my VR14 chars on PTS is currently sitting on 22K hp so I do not think 26K is exaggerated; there are likely DKs and especially Imperial ones who will likely be topping that number I imagine quite easily. I also saw a youtube video of a templar on PTS rocking 26K hp.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/149257/1-6-group-pvp-3v3-and-4v4
    Edited by Soulshine on February 1, 2015 12:36AM
  • Precious
    Precious
    Other
    Soulshine wrote: »

Thank you x

Just a note to say one of my VR14 chars on PTS is currently sitting on 22K hp so I do not think 26K is exaggerated; there are likely DKs and especially Imperial ones who will likely be topping that number I imagine quite easily. I also saw a youtube video of a templar on PTS rocking 26K hp.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/149257/1-6-group-pvp-3v3-and-4v4

Oh okay, thank you so much! (:
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE ROLL BACK

PLEAAAAASSSSSSE
  • Aren_Liore
    Aren_Liore
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see the old numbers, but I'd be ok with a ui toggle option. By the way, I don't see this happening.
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    If they don't roll this back then they need to explain why it was decided to hide nerfs not in the patch notes underneath the fluffy numbers
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just say no to number bloat. We don't need huge numbers to feel powerful and we don't always need to minor changes to out stats.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to roll back to the 1.5 numbers, but not because I think the Champion System is "nerfing" (boo-freaking-hoo) our characters. I just feel like this is a way to appease people who love seeing big floaty numbers in their game, and I prefer having stats that aren't inflated just for the sake of making everyone feel more powerful.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Gemseed
    Gemseed
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to roll back to the 1.5 numbers, but not because I think the Champion System is "nerfing" (boo-freaking-hoo) our characters. I just feel like this is a way to appease people who love seeing big floaty numbers in their game, and I prefer having stats that aren't inflated just for the sake of making everyone feel more powerful.

Truth
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more I play on the PTS, the more I get used to it. There are just as many buffs in 1.6 as there are nerfs. If you actually approach it with an open mind, go to the PTS and tinker around with a few things you will see it for yourself.

I think alot of people here don't like it because they are opposed to change in general. It's human nature.

To be clear, the numbers don't matter to me that much either way. What matters to me is how effective my characters are vs other players and the environment. And after many hours on the PTS, I don't see a huge difference there.

I am more interested in them investing time/energy into actually finishing the CS conversion than I am in them rolling it back.
    Edited by Alphashado on February 1, 2015 11:18PM
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1.5 stats already have values like 375.5 or 512.7
    I'd rather them keep the stats like this than change it to 3755 and 5127, it's much easier to wrap you head around in the heat of battle and, let's be honest, PVE-Healthbars are gonna be ridiculous. how many billion healthpoints will the next raid-boss have huh?
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, they said they wanted to make things easier and less complicated... How the hell is it less complicated if every tooltip is showing me a giant clusterfudge of numbers?
    Once people get used to their builds they will have more than 10,000 dps, those numbers are insane!
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The number inflation is going to cause a lot of people to leave. Period.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It has lead to ridiculous increases in damage(32K staff heavies:() which has lead to Immense problems in PvP.

Take everything back down, and keep the original damage numbers. if not that, fix the issues now in PTS.
    Edited by Cody on February 2, 2015 12:57AM
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ding ding ding. $$$$$$$$$$! Perfect comparison Joe, perfect.
    Cody wrote: »
    It has lead to ridiculous increases in damage(32K staff heavies:() which has lead to Immense problems in PvP.

Take everything back down, and keep the original damage numbers. If I have to sit thru another 3 months of stat fixing I will very likely un-sub and go back to the MMO everyone hates.

WoW? SWTOR? STO? EvE?

Only MMO I hate is WoW... The rest aren't bad, just not worth the sub for the amount of negligence the Devs give to the game.

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Inflate them, but not as strong as this
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like more significant figures in my numbers :)
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Cody wrote: »

Take everything back down, and keep the original damage numbers. if not that, fix the issues now in PTS.

the dmg issues have nothing to do with the displayed numbers.
    it doesent matter if you have 0.0000003 HP, 3HP or 3000000000 HP displayed in your health bar they all remain the same -> artifical numbers. but currently the math behind the numbers is awefully screwed and that is the problem. and that will not be changed nor fixed by a display rollback.
    Edited by Tankqull on February 2, 2015 1:15AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's ok as it is with 4 numbers don't need to add another number.
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just to post my support for changing it back. It makes zero sense to be doing this 10 months into the game. Making the numbers this large is just showing us irrelevancies. There will be no noticeable difference between 1141 damage and 114 (.1) or 22459 and 2246 (.9). I know which I find more intuitive to read.

If it's to hide the changes you are making to weapon stats then that's even more stupid.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The weird thing there is, if they picked our pocket in the conversion, enemies were on the receiving end too. Using addons to check enemy health puts them at about 750% of where they are on live... instead of, you know, a full 1000%.