The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the point of these...

cyclonus11
cyclonus11
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
...without jewelry crafting?

Screenshot_20150131_143133_zpscyznn8ej.jpg

Is this on the list of things to add relatively soon? I've heard zero discussion lately about it.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    ...without jewelry crafting?

Screenshot_20150131_143133_zpscyznn8ej.jpg

Is this on the list of things to add relatively soon? I've heard zero discussion lately about it.

It's like junk loot to sell.... 99.99% of things you pick up from trash you don't use, and that just happens to be one of them... Imho I don't want jewelry crafting in game, people could seriously abuse it's power and stack 5 set death's wind with 5 set song of lamae and still have room for 2 set undaunted. It'd be awesome and fun. But it'd also allow for 5 sets that would be blatantly OP to stack...

I guess I'm indifferent on the matter.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has 0 value, though, so it's no good as vendor loot...
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can enchant them, and then sell them, but it's not worth it.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They added this garbage at the same time they introduced the equally pointless 'white' weapons and armour into the loot pools from world containers .. no one asked for them but someone is ZOS thought it a good idea, go figure.

You can enchant them, as Alex says, they which may be trivially useful I guess before you find 'real' bling, but probably not worth it unless you find the glyph too.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a chance thing. Sometimes you will find the jewellery with the Ornate trait, and those are definitely worth while keeping and selling.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Stroggnonimus
    Stroggnonimus
    ✭✭✭
    They added this garbage at the same time they introduced the equally pointless 'white' weapons and armour into the loot pools from world containers .. no one asked for them but someone is ZOS thought it a good idea, go figure.
    Why would you say that white items are pointless ? Yes, you wont ever use it, but not everything you find in the world has to be op set items. Also since you can pick up these items anywhere, it doesnt turn to money farming and adds some more immersion to the game :)

Whoever said that argonians aren't sexy, is obviously not a sexy argonian.

OG Argonian tank

BLOOD FOR THE PACT !

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I need an add-on that automatically deletes or sends to Junk, anything like this that has no vendor value.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I need an add-on that automatically deletes or sends to Junk, anything like this that has no vendor value.

Some useful food items have zero gold value, so be careful there.
    Also trait stones, and I'm having a hard time getting Paladium, without an addon dumping it.

I can manually get rid of junk, easily, but getting back stuff that's been destroyed, not so easy.

Not saying don't use the addon, though, just pointing out zero gold items you want.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Some useful food items have zero gold value, so be careful there.
    Also trait stones, and I'm having a hard time getting Paladium, without an addon dumping it.

I can manually get rid of junk, easily, but getting back stuff that's been destroyed, not so easy.

Not saying don't use the addon, though, just pointing out zero gold items you want.
    Motifs are worth zero gold. Go ahead, throw that Imperial motif in the trash. :D
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found those white armors/weapons quite useful for that deconstruction achievement. No need to waste items with a value.

Maybe they even give some inspiration? I don't know..
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    I found those white armors/weapons quite useful for that deconstruction achievement. No need to waste items with a value.

Maybe they even give some inspiration? I don't know..

Minute amount of inspiration, just about noticable at low levels, inperceptable at higher levels.

They are useful for deconstructing though, provided you have the bag space, as you say they contribute towards the achievement, and have a slight chance of giving mats back, not much though.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you say that white items are pointless ? Yes, you wont ever use it, but not everything you find in the world has to be op set items. Also since you can pick up these items anywhere, it doesnt turn to money farming and adds some more immersion to the game :)
    They're pointless for the reasons you just cited .. they have no use, either to use or to vendor and their use in crafting borders on the immeasurable, they simply litter your inventory which makes you have to toss them out or find a vendor earlier than you need simply to dump them.

As for 'immersion', their being hidden in crates and are never seen till they infest your inventory is hardly 'immersive' .. whatever people who talk about immersion mean by that.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on February 4, 2015 8:55AM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For crafting, I don't see why crafted jewelry can't have their own set bonuses (like Death's Wind and Death's Wind - Jewelry, or something like that). It can be made to work. And it doesn't make lore sense why a GOLD and RUBY necklace would have zero value...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 3 Plus Stacks of Palladium. How many do you need?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    For crafting, I don't see why crafted jewelry can't have their own set bonuses (like Death's Wind and Death's Wind - Jewelry, or something like that). It can be made to work. And it doesn't make lore sense why a GOLD and RUBY necklace would have zero value...

You are applying logic to the situation looking at this from the 50,000 level. Equipment, including the jewelry you mention, were added to the game as crippled gear to help out players who could not make or fight/collect equipment matching their level. This mainly held true for v1 players stuck in cold harbour. To avoid the case where players would just loot equipment and sell or deconstruct it ad nauseum, the crippled equipment items give little to no inspiration on decon and 0 cash for sale.

When they relented and added green items, they forgot to update the original white equipment to become regular. Just like there are monsters in the game that award gold according to the old rules and give a set amount every kill as opposed to a % chance of having a larger amount or nothing on kill.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I have 3 Plus Stacks of Palladium. How many do you need?

Actually I have six palladium now, just building up my reserves because my Sorc wears Ancient elf, and I want to try it on my Templar, just need to keep deconstructing and waiting for them to drop and from my hirelings.

But thanks for ther offer.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calipers
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC