The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mundus Stones and "Divines" Gear Trait...

Miszou
Miszou
✭✭✭✭✭
The Divines trait will increase Mundus Stone effects by a certain percentage, which seems very cool... .but how does it work with effects that start at a low percentage, such as The Shadow, which "increases Critical Strike Damage by ~5%" (according to this page, anyway)

I'm guessing for each piece of gear, it's not going to be 3.5% + 5% = 8.5% bonus from a single piece of gear - that would get out of hand really quickly!

But, if I had 5 pieces of gear, each with 3.5% Divines Effect, they wouldn't even total up to a 6% overall bonus...

(5 * 3.5) = 17.5
5 * 0.175 = 0.875
= 5.875% Crtitical Strike Damage Bonus

Is this correct, or am I doing it wrong?
Edited by Miszou on January 31, 2015 6:29PM
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    But, if I had 5 pieces of gear, each with 3.5% Divines Effect, they wouldn't even total up to a 6% overall bonus...

(5 * 3.5) = 17.5
    5 * 0.175 = 0.875

Correct.
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Miszou wrote: »

(5 * 3.5) = 17.5
    5 * 0.175 = 0.875

Correct.

lol, thanks. :)

So... would it be correct to say that it doesn't really seem worth it then...?
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worth it is relative to your playstyle. At Legendary iirc 4 pcs of divines (all 4 off pcs) raises a 5% (Thief/Shadow/etc) to 7.45% or something close to that. The bigger issue has been with soft caps much of any other trait would be lost on off pcs. Now with those gone in 1.6 and even random trash mobs hitting for 15K+ on normal attacks thus draining your Stamina to zero in 2 seconds I would wager we might see a few others used like Reinforced, Impen, Infused, Nirnhoned. Infused still won't give a huge benefit on off pcs but right now people are stacking Health or Mag/Stam as much as possible just to compete.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atronach + Divines KICKS BUTT on the PTS server! I love finally having enough regen to keep casting Crystal Shards no matter what :)
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE