The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soul Shriven Armor

moggzyismetal
moggzyismetal
Soul Shriven
I think it would be nice to have the soul shriven armor (that they introduced in update 5) as a default craftable motif for every race in any alliance after completing the tutorial. And maybe not have the appearance of the armor change from level to level, just have it look crude from beginner to veteran.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After 1.5 went live I spent more time than I would like to admit collecting it on my new character. I would love to see this happen.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul shriven armour? Hmm, I don't recall ever seeing it. Got pics?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

eso2014-11-0319-45-29-15.jpg
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda looks like Fallout leather armor.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kinda looks like Fallout leather armor.

Or thieves Guild Armour, which I seem to recall being very similar to this.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • moggzyismetal
    moggzyismetal
    Soul Shriven
    You can see them whenever you go in to character creation and preview beginner armor, there's Robes and Heavy Armor too.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do have a character fond of saving the prisoner's robes, dying them and wearing them over other stuff. They look pretty decent in Port Hunding Gold.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still have the level 1 soul shriven gear. I am hoping one day we can skin crafted armor. Then my Argonian, former slave to the evil Dunmer, can wear the wrist shackles as a symbol.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

eso2014-11-0319-45-29-15.jpg
    Hmm, that is kinda cool.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd wear this over most all the current motif styles.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually it looks a lot like Imperial medium armor
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Actually it looks a lot like Imperial medium armor

Not quite. You can see that here...

http://eso-fashion.com/clothing-by-style/#Medium-10
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would also be cool would be a Soul shriven transmog costume. Where your character retains the look but is turned into a soulshriven. :)
    PC EU
  • redwoodtreesprite2
    Are all the pieces there? I have been looking a long time now in all the stalls and such. So far just bracers, guards and helmet.

More interesting indeed is the iron gauntlets I have found in a couple stalls so far.
    VERY nice looking, and I can't find anything like them with any racial armor.

A sort of golden silver color, the fingers with layered metal. And a design on the cuff area that is two curved shapes facing each other. I did extensive searching, and the gauntlets seem to be the only heavy armor piece.

Edit - So I have been away for a long time. Out of the opener, I found all but the helm and legs on those armor racks with basic armor. Is a nice look though. Would be nice to have that set be craftable by everyone as well as the racial ones. :)
    Edited by redwoodtreesprite2 on February 17, 2015 9:41AM
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year later, you've received your wish!
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden