Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6 PTS Werewolf changes

Telel
Telel
✭✭✭✭✭
Full notes: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148159/pts-patch-notes-v1-6/p1

Straight from the patch notes on the PTS forums.

Werewolf
Decreased the amount of damage you take from poison to 40% from 50%.
Blood Rage
Using this passive will now increase the amount of time you are transformed as a werewolf by 3 seconds every time you take damage.
This passive now has a 3 second cooldown.
Devour
Fixed an issue where this ability would appear to blink.
Howl of Despair
Feeding Frenzy (morph): The Synergy prompt for this ability will now properly disappear when you can no longer use it.
Infectious Claws
Slightly adjusted the animation for this ability so it no longer gets clipped by a light attack.
Roar
Rousing Roar (morph): This ability now grants the Major Brutality buff for 5 seconds.

So...they made it a bit harder to transform and kind of removed the reason I slotted the ultimate in PVP.

HOWEVER they did make it so remaining in form longer is far easier. Especially if a second rank adds even more time to the timer.

Anyone else have some thoughts before we all get to dive onto the PTS and see how it fares?
Character: Telel
Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    you will still die to bow users in pvp
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dieing in PVP isn't exactly a new thing.
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    What passives do vampires have? I am kind of upset they took out the ultimate passive for werewolves. We as Werewolves have to use an ultimate just to use any skills you unlock. Vamps get to use their skills when ever they want and they get Bats for an ultimate which are super popular in PvP for obvious reasons.
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure.

However after playing around on the PTS last night I was wable to get the ultimate for a transformation after just a handful of light attacks I was using to test out the new grim focus skill.

• Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    Ah okay well that's pretty cool.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What passives do vampires have? I am kind of upset they took out the ultimate passive for werewolves. We as Werewolves have to use an ultimate just to use any skills you unlock. Vamps get to use their skills when ever they want and they get Bats for an ultimate which are super popular in PvP for obvious reasons.
    Nothing changed for Vampires that I saw, and WW still gets +15% Stamina Regen in Humanoid form while still NOT taking any additional Poison/Disease damage in Humanoid form.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    you will still die to bow users in pvp

^This. I read Templar are complaining about the new art animations on healing abilities telling to everyone who is the healer. I think it is a good thing, as if when you turn WW in PVP you just not become instant n°1 priority target.... especially to bow users !

Werewolf ABSOLUTELY needs a built in slow btw for PVP, we NEET IT zos. Nightblades are getting many speed boosts options, dodge roll gets better and all of us melee players need a slow to stick somehow to target and be able to land our abilities with this soft targeting system (that I really love I must say).
    • Add a 20% slow minimum to claws !
    • or Add stamina and Magicka regen is halved under infectious claws.

We need to stick to those pesky running preys !!!
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Nothing changed for Vampires that I saw, and WW still gets +15% Stamina Regen in Humanoid form while still NOT taking any additional Poison/Disease damage in Humanoid form.

Do you get the stam regen just for being a WW or do you have to unlock a passive?

• Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon as you get the lycanthropy buff in your character menu.

Not sure if it's listed now but the tooltip in the pTS 1.6update has it there right under the poison vulnerability. The latter of course now also says it only applies when transformed while the stamina regen does not.

• risen1981
    risen1981
    ✭✭
    noticed that WW now cost 400 ultimate instead of 300 ... :(
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    risen1981 wrote: »
    noticed that WW now cost 400 ultimate instead of 300 ... :(

The cost starts at 400 and goes down to 300 when you rank up the World : WW skill line from 1 to 10.

Also, I noticed the transformation on PTS gives a lot of extra stamina and your armour is also increased by a small amount.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it was still 300 when I popped in a few days ago. Sadly the character wipe makes it hard to be a WW without lots of trial and error with templates. :(

Which means no more testing for now until 1.6 lands and I can spend more time with it.

But at least they fixed something involving dodging in WW form during the last PTS patch.

• areeb14_ESO
    areeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering, after you complete the transform, when the ultimate fills up does it empty out when you go back to normal from lack of timer?

I really hope not or they can make it so if full the ultimate will auto fullcharge the timer if it's maxed when timer hits 0.
  • Blockz888
    Blockz888
    ✭✭✭
    Dude what passive??
    Leader of The Werewolf Legion, DC WW PVP Guild for Azura, we either pvping or training for pvp. If interested in joining send me an invite, brutiss.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering, after you complete the transform, when the ultimate fills up does it empty out when you go back to normal from lack of timer?

I really hope not or they can make it so if full the ultimate will auto fullcharge the timer if it's maxed when timer hits 0.

Any Ultimate that you have gained while in Werewolf form is reset to 0 when you transform back into a human / mer / not werewolf.

It would be pretty OP if not, as it's extremely easy to gain enough Ultimate to transform again while running around as a Werewolf, and you'd basically be able to fire off Ultimates back to back forever.
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    It would be pretty OP if not, as it's extremely easy to gain enough Ultimate to transform again while running around as a Werewolf, and you'd basically be able to fire off Ultimates back to back forever.

In 1.6, ultimate gain will be severly nerfed, it's a good thing for the balance of the game BUT it will be hard to gain 300 ultimate to get the fur.
    Developer scaled most cost of ultimates to be balance with that nerf, most ultimates except Banner of Might (which is a bit overpowered) but they forgot one : Werewolf Transformation. It not even an ultimate to greatly improve your DPS, it's just a costy weapon swap.
    I guess, 150 would be fine for that kind of "ultimate"
    Edited by draeganb16_ESO on February 24, 2015 10:11PM
    When Bloodmoon calls, Rivers turns red.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

In 1.6, ultimate gain will be severly nerfed, it's a good thing for the balance of the game BUT it will be hard to gain 300 ultimate to get the fur.
    Developer scaled most cost of ultimates to be balance with that nerf, most ultimates except Banner of Might (which is a bit overpowered) but they forgot one : Werewolf Transformation. It not even an ultimate to greatly improve your DPS, it's just a costy weapon swap.
    I guess, 150 would be fine for that kind of "ultimate"

This is true, and I agree.

But what I meant that it is very easy to extend the duration of WW transformation indefinitely (in PvE) so you'd pretty much always have your transformation ready to go unless you decided to go back to human form early.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind
    Edited by Huntler on February 25, 2015 4:15AM