The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crafting Achievement Master Refinement

Pendrillion
Pendrillion
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys. I am currently farming a lot to replenish my tempers and tannins. But something struck me as really odd.

When I look at my Master Refinement numbers, they barely move. I wonder how the number work on this Achievement, or if it might be bugged.

Would love some input from other players or Mods :)

Have a good day :)
  • Tarikko
    Tarikko
    ✭✭
    I am working on that achievement..

You should refine 3,000 materials, which translates into 30,000 units.

It is one of the most tedious and painstaking achievements in game.. currently at around 2600/3000.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tarikko wrote: »
    I am working on that achievement..

You should refine 3,000 materials, which translates into 30,000 units.

It is one of the most tedious and painstaking achievements in game.. currently at around 2600/3000.

Yeah, it's every time you refine, not every unit you refine, so it's ten times the number in raw materials, I am working on this my self, I predict it will take quite a while.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay thanks for your insights :)
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    It was really sad that I was already at 50 in everything except Enchanting when this achievement came in with the Dyes. All that refining getting to 50 was wasted for this achievement.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was an issue with the count not increasing in the achievement tab after refining items. It was a UI issue only, corrected by /reloadui or relogging. If your count does not go up after this, contact CS.

My sympathies to all those chasing this achievement! I got it, but it took about 3 months of heavy farming. On the flip side, my bank balance went up a lot, with all those refined mats to sell.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)