The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Survey Nirncrux Drop Rate Change please

pvpaddict42
pvpaddict42
✭✭✭
I know that the drop rate for Nirncrux on the Survey rewards was supposed to have been increased, but I've done dozens of them and never found any. Sure, my rng luck can be bad, but seriously, this is lame. As a master crafter, the only incentive I have to do the writs is the nirncrux potential finds and yet, I've never found any. I don't know what you upped the rate to, but honestly, whatever it's set to is, pardon my vulgarity, ***. If you look up nirncrux drop rate in the dictionary, there is literally a picture of a *** there.

Can we please change how it works so that there is a cumulative effect on pristine nodes until a nirncrux is found, then the counter resets to whatever the base percent is? This would ensure that we get a nirncrux after x many pristine nodes were harvested instead of the completely random, and at least in my case, abysmal rate it currently is. Thanks.
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure their item drop rates are entirely random. The only variance I have ever seen in the drop rates was when an area would have a threshold which would stop the "nodes" re-spawning after a certain amount of items had been looted ("nodes" in that case being chests, drawers, cupboards etc when they were trying to control the Motif farming).

You just need to be super persistent and say your prayers to "RNGesus". Some days I have got 3 in 30 minutes and other days none in two hours.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with random is that it means its as likely to hit the same thing repeatedly as it is to hit different things for extended periods. It's sometimes hard to get your head around the fact that random does not mean evenly spaced.

An interesting experiment with a group of people is to ask them to randomly distribute themselves around the room. What you will find is that most of them will spread out equally from each other. No clumps of several standing together, or big open spaces where no one stands. Try it, it's fun!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have any of you actually sold any pieces with this trait for actual use instead of research? I have made two pieces. That's it. Most people ask, hear the price of a stone and ask for something else.

Nirn trait is great for fleecing those who don't know any better. You can get 15-25k selling research pieces. I'm not into that.

Nirn seems like a failure all around. I don't know a single person in game that is wearing Twice Born Star set pieces. I made some, but the people who commissioned them eventually deconstructed the pieces to make more bank space.

I only researched nirn with the thought that new 9 trait sets would be introduced or worthy 10 trait sets. Now they are saying, what, 6 months before any new stuff after 1.6?

So, help me out here. Except for making less money than you can get from farming and selling trash loot in the amount of time it takes you to get one stone (not counting research sales), what are you doing with the stones?
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I have only sold research items. People want to be able to make the 9 trait set but no one actually wants to use this trait when it cost so much more than any other.

If ZOS would have introduced it to the game differently and there wasn't such a high cost associated with it, I think a bunch of people would want it.

Until nirncruxes are as common as every other trait stone, it will continue to only be used for research items.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Until nirncruxes are as common as every other trait stone, it will continue to only be used for research items.
    With the 1.6 patch that has removed spell resistance from light armor. I got the feeling the light armor dps builds will start getting one shotted from AOE attacks and need to use this trait.

• Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the nerf I've received, maybe, 3 blacksmithing surveys... and I do all 6 crafting writs daily.

I've not received a single nirncrux out of any of those.

In fact, I've not received a single nirncrux out of any of the dozen, or so, Upper Craglorn writs I've received.

It's bloody ridiculous.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you should just be happy you even GET Survey Reports from the Crafting Writs. I have never gotten a single one, which is why I stopped doing them as it was a pain to keep farming the mats to do them daily. The Consumable Writs are easy and I average 1 Report/day from them. As for Nirncrux droprate, lols. I farm Upper Craglorn every day for around an hour and right after it launched I spent 4+ hours/day in there and I have gotten total maybe 14 Nirncrux, since Upper came out.
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chances for getting nirncrux are 0.25% for resource nodes. That means you
    Have to pick up 400 nodes on average to get one nirncrux.
    Surveys have a chance of 1.25%, that means 80 nodes or 10 surveys to get one.
    Surveys are not so easy to get, many haven't got one in days.

I think they put up those chances to drain the stocks. If you didn't know there was
    A bug that granted 100% chance on blacksmith surveys, resulting in 8 nirncrux.
    Many filled their banks and sold them to researchers.

Today you see rarely someone selling them, so I would also recommend a better
    Chance. And of course a better use beside for research... Nirnhoned as a
    9trait set is quite a joke...
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on February 9, 2015 6:11PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting lots of fortified no potent last couple of weeks. I sell at Time is Money in Windhelm if you're wondering (think the merchant's name is Cellorian or something like that). Just my experience. Haven't done pvp but I would imagine that this is the best use for nirncrux. Had one potent nirncrux and used it to make wicked VR 14 (legendary Daedric) axe for someone last week. Pretty sure he was primarily pvp.
    Give 'er eh!
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    I have found about 3~ nirncruxes just randomly getting resources since they where introduced to the game. Now that's a higher drop rate than the 2 Imperial motifs I have found since launch. Rare should be rare, but rare should be worth it too.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |