The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Red Diamond

Jitterbug
Jitterbug
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The tooltip says that "melee attacks" have a chance to restore health.
My question is, what counts as melee?
Does it have to be weapon skills or do the melee range spells work as well?

Thank you.
edit: moved to proper forum
Edited by Jitterbug on January 26, 2015 11:56AM

Best Answer

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Melee range spells work right now. For example, the Templar class skills Puncturing Strikes/Biting Jabs/Puncturing Sweep can proc Red Diamond.

However, this may change with Update 6. Currently, melee range spells use magicka and spell damage but weapon critical and are mitigated by armor. In Update 6, all magicka-based skills will use spell damage, spell crit, and be mitigated by spell resistance. I am not sure if Puncturing Strikes/Biting Jabs/Puncturing Sweep (or other melee range spells) will still count as melee in that scenario. Depends how game determines "melee". Anything with a range less than 7m? Anything mitigated by armor?

Might want to test an Imperial character once Update 6 is added to PTS.
    Answer ✓
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any news on this from PTS?

Also, what does Red Diamond scale off?
  • Mortac
    Mortac
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm curious about Red Diamond in 1.6. If it currently restores a fixed amount of HP, then will this be buffed in 1.6 when HP pools will become much larger? Or does it restore a percentage of health?