Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I've been playing with 0 points in Attributes

Holycannoli
Holycannoli
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
They must have been refunded at some point between October and a few days ago when I returned and I don't know why. Obviously something about them changed, but what?

I also don't remember how I spent my attribute points for my characters and am now lost as to how to re-spend them. Is it best to spend them all on health and use enchantments for magicka and stamina? My characters use both magicka and stamina (destro + bow or destro + 2-hand etc.).

If someone can also tell me what changed about attributes to warrant a respec that would be great. I've gone back as far as patch notes for 1.52. Lots of skill changes then and I did re-spend my refunded skill points but I'm not seeing anything about attributes.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing changed on attribute points.
    Wololo.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm then why were they all refunded? I guess the wisdom from a year ago - all points in health and enchantments tp cover magicka and stamina - still applies then?
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Update 5 changed the way attribute points work for VR levels (you now get attribute points as a Veteran same as you do levels 1-49). As a result, Attribute Points were refunded. We got a pop up after first logon advising us of this. Because you skipped that update and downloaded the current one, you probably did not get that pop up.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They added Attribute points for Vet ranks. To compensate for this they reduced the increase in each stat for each VR. Mathematically your total maximum base stats are now less, but you are also able to raise one or two stats above their previous maximums.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/135960/new-vr-attribute-point-concerns-warning-contains-math
    Edited by driosketch on January 26, 2015 12:47AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hookgrin wrote: »
    Update 5 changed the way attribute points work for VR levels (you now get attribute points as a Veteran same as you do levels 1-49). As a result, Attribute Points were refunded. We got a pop up after first logon advising us of this. Because you skipped that update and downloaded the current one, you probably did not get that pop up.

I got a pop up but only noticed what it said about my skills getting refunded, and it was a lot of them. It probably mentioned attributes too.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You still get 15 Health for each attribute point into Health and 10 Stamina/Magicka for each attribute point into Stamina/Magicka.
    Wololo.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    attribute points were added to veteran ranks a few months ago, when previously one got no attribute points for veteran ranks. ZOS refunded everyone's attribute points so we could all re-build our builds.

I think anyway
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Nothing changed on attribute points.

they added stat points for the VR lvls and because of that gave a free respec to everybody.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"