The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-on request: Improved quickslot mangement and data

spinality
spinality
✭✭
When managing quickslots, I am always frustrated that a) the slottable inventory is in a jumbled order, hard to find what you want, b) we don't see which items are already present in the slots, so it's hard to figure out which need to be added, and c) when accessing quickslot items, we only see the name, without details. For example a 'spell crit' potion may or may not also restore health or magicka or do other things. When selecting a quickslot item during combat, it would sure be helpful to know which is which. I never seem to remember which are my strong health potions and which are weaker ones left over from a lower level. I don't know whether any of these features are accessible in the UI but I'd hope that at least some could be reached from the inventory view. Thanks if any modders can think about this.
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Try this addon: Greymind Quick Slot Bar
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • spinality
    spinality
    ✭✭
    Thanks Garkin, yes I use GQSB and that provides some nice benefits but it doesn't affect the mechanics of loading up the quickslots in the first place, nor of distinguishing their contents when accessing them.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but the best way I have found to do it is to ALWAYS put the same type of potion in the same slot.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but the best way I have found to do it is to ALWAYS put the same type of potion in the same slot.

The quickslot system will work much better for console, I think. But this is how I cope (I... still don't use any addons).
  • spinality
    spinality
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Yes, I do that as well, but I always seem to wind up with a few slight variations of potions -- different strength, or different secondary action. And I also sometimes discover that I've had a stack of useful potions sitting in inventory that never got quickslotted. I know how to deal with this, as do you, but...why should we have to?