The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Actions freeze, kicked to login then error 200

Belidos
Belidos
✭✭✭✭✭
I finally got the game installed after two days of downloading (first install broke because I had files left over from the beta, deleted them and reinstalled fine the next day).

However I only get to play for a few minutes and suddenly with no warning my actions will freeze (I can run around fine but can't swing or interact with anything) , after a few seconds I will get booted to the login screen.

Once at the login screen if I try to log in again it gives me the Error 200 pop-up for about 5 minutes then lets me log in again.

I'm assuming the Error 200 is just having to wait for my character to timeout on the server, but anyone know why I may be getting booted every few minutes? There's no other error message and it's beginning to get frustrating.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Belidos,

We have a knowledge base article for error 200 that has some steps that may help!
    Error 200 occurs when a player is unable to reach one of the game's megaservers. Players who receive this error should try again in a few minutes. Players who still receive this message after waiting can attempt the following steps:
    •Make sure that any anti-virus/firewall protection has exception rules for The Elder Scrolls Online.
    •Make sure the following ports are open on the networking device:
    ◦TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    ◦TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    ◦TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507

•Check our Service Alerts page for details about the status of the game.

Players who need help with performing these actions, have further questions, or have completed these steps and still face the issue should feel free to contact our dedicated customer support team for assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue isn't the 200, as I stated I assume the 200 is because I have been kicked and have to wait for my account to time out on the auth server, that's not an issue (at the moment).

The issue is the game freeze and being kicked to login without any error message.

As to the steps you listed, I tried them multiple times, which is why I came and asked here.

Have you got a link to the service alerts page? I can't see it.
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also getting the error 318 message which is for exceeding the message rate, I have not since loading this game sent one single message, I have not used chat nor any other messaging service.

To be quite frank this game has far too many error messages that make no sense and not enough uptime, I'm starting to regret buying it.
  • MCN
    MCN
    Soul Shriven
    I'm getting this error, too. I haven't sent a single message on chat, so it's rather annoying.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

The 318 Error is not related to chat messages most of the time. Generally it's related to back-end messages that are being sent, which is usually caused by an add on. Please give a try to disabling your add ons and let us know if error 318 persists.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there folks,

The 318 Error is not related to chat messages most of the time. Generally it's related to back-end messages that are being sent, which is usually caused by an add on. Please give a try to disabling your add ons and let us know if error 318 persists.

That would be great, except I have only just installed the game and haven't a clue what add-ons there are for this game so I definitely haven't got any installed.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Belidos,

This can also occur when certain in-game events send too many "messages" to the server. For instance, if you get stuck in the environment and your character is staggering back and forth really quickly, or if you happen to fall through the world.

This can also occur if you're experiencing a connection issue. If you're having persistent issues with this error, our best recommendation is to contact our customer support team and submit a game consultant report with your request. They'll be able to take a look and see what the issue may be.
    Staff Post
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have it sorted now, looks like there was an issue with my router, it was spiking at 6k ping then dropping back down every few seconds, didn't seem to effect any other games though. I've rebooted the router and reset it to default settings and the game seem to be working fine now, no drop outs and no more random error messages.