Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion for "Cinematic Trailer: Three Fates"

• andromedafalls
    Belphe wrote: »
    "No subscription required - 17.03.2015"... Is ESO going F2P?!
    no its going to be buy to play
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't get the storyline. It's such a mess and everything is so random.

Can ZOS actually explains what's going on? Is this before or after the time in the game? Is that Ayrenn? Is that Jorunn? Why is Mannimarco still alive and kicking? So he was at the Imperial city and ruler? What happened to the Tharns? Was this the first Alliance war ever? So Alliance War was caused by Oblivions?

WTF is going on in there? It's all pretty but damn, somebody explain something.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance TESO will see Ocular VR in the future? You know what I am thinking, O-VR with dragon flight or some kind of flight, combat, etc. Oh yeah Im going jobe in that game lol.

I've been experimenting with this recently and I got it "kinda working" - although with an Android phone and Google Cardboard rather than an OR. Hope one day I can just create a tiny app that works with NVidia's game stream (or something similar) to play with it. Wouldn't use it for boss fights though. :)
  • Rhook
    Rhook
    Soul Shriven
    It would be cool to have them make a movie following all three characters in the shorts in respect to going from cold harbour( maybe teaming up to escape and being separated back to their factions only to met again in the hollow city) then defeating Morlag Bal together.
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    E.P.I.C.

More cinematics please! :)

P.S. Please release some kind of gigantic soundtrack. Music is just amazing :)
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Can ZOS actually explains what's going on? Is this before or after the time in the game? Is that Ayrenn? Is that Jorunn? Why is Mannimarco still alive and kicking? So he was at the Imperial city and ruler? What happened to the Tharns? Was this the first Alliance war ever? So Alliance War was caused by Oblivions?

I think that it's supposed to set the scene for what is going on before we appear.

It shows the three alliances, and the seige of Cyrodiil - presumably to take overall control but also to dislodge Mannimarco.

It shows DC corruption, AD running away and only EP confronting Manni... :)

And it hints at the eventual confrontation with Molag Bal being more fundamental than petty squabbles between the alliances.

• Ganacampo
    Ganacampo
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

I am glad I'm not the only one who is confused by this cinematic. :D
    Edited by Ganacampo on January 25, 2015 4:18PM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I knew the Nord was in trouble when Manni gave his smirk then BAM! How did AD get his helmet I wonder? He threw it down inside and she was up there where he entered. Maybe she had a side thing going with Manni and he spared her? :)
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    It seems the cinematics are more entertaining then the game. :lol:
  • MaxB
    MaxB
    Seravi wrote: »
    Yeah I knew the Nord was in trouble when Manni gave his smirk then BAM! How did AD get his helmet I wonder? He threw it down inside and she was up there where he entered. Maybe she had a side thing going with Manni and he spared her? :)

...and then we see him naked, looking on some flying rocks...what are these rocks symbolising?
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Floating rocks mean Coldharbour most likely.

Coldharbour.jpg
    Edited by Sordidfairytale on January 26, 2015 2:41AM
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    So this is the 4th in the series?

Where are the first 3 videos? I had a look on the website and can't find them, I wouldn't mind checking them out.

Scratch that, found them all.
    Edited by Fruity_Ninja on January 26, 2015 5:53AM
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression that the nord represents us, as the player character, and what happens before we begin the game in Coldharbour.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the Nord has been sent to Coldharbour and is on his way to being soul shriven. I am still trying to figure out how the mage got his helmet. I guess maybe Manni transported out of the tower with the Nord and when she entered all that was left was his helmet. He needs to be rescued. Who is with me? Someone open a portal and lets go get him! :)
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still trying to figure out how the mage got his helmet. I guess maybe Manni transported out of the tower with the Nord and when she entered all that was left was his helmet.
    He dropped it himself before entering the tower.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah he dropped it in front of Manni so when Manni blasted him to Oblivion, literally, that helmet should have gone flying. That also means Manni was no longer there when she entered the area or he would have thrown a spell or two at her.
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mannimarco rocks! I so want his armor, the set in the trailer not in game. :) Feel bad for the Nord. Poor guy went through all of that just to end up soul shriven. :( Sad about the Breton as well. Kind of shocked the Green Lady didn't heal him as she seem to have a few seconds of "caring" when she looked into his eyes. Man they can't end the series this way! We must go save the Nord! Prophet send me to Coldharbour!! :)

Yes! The elf-sorceress did feel sympathy for the Breton, definitely. She looked into his eyes, then down at the shackle on her wrist. She couldn't have known he was seeing his lost love (not Meridia, but a maiden he knew from some time before--the blue cloth he had was from her dress, and he wore it into battle like a good knight should!) but she recognized that his undead servitude was much like the chains put on her by the Pact mages. The Nord probably had some idea what the cloth was too; cleaning his axe with it was the perfect act of a victorious barbarian who would "crush his enemies... hear the lamentation of their women..."

I really liked the last part of the cinematic! The scene of the Breton knight's demise was stirring.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Cinematic Trailer: Three Fates."

Don't miss all four episodes of our dramatic cinematic trailer, including the final chapter!

I was just thinking. If this is the Final Chapter, where is Molag Bal? He's close to the central character to the whole Elder Scrolls World and why we're fighting. But there's no actual glimpse of him. Perhaps something for the future?
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is in the final cut. When Manni is walking towards the Nord and blasts him, you see Molag's eyes in the clouds.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynnessa wrote: »
    Mannimarco rocks! I so want his armor, the set in the trailer not in game. :) Feel bad for the Nord. Poor guy went through all of that just to end up soul shriven. :( Sad about the Breton as well. Kind of shocked the Green Lady didn't heal him as she seem to have a few seconds of "caring" when she looked into his eyes. Man they can't end the series this way! We must go save the Nord! Prophet send me to Coldharbour!! :)

Yes! The elf-sorceress did feel sympathy for the Breton, definitely. She looked into his eyes, then down at the shackle on her wrist. She couldn't have known he was seeing his lost love (not Meridia, but a maiden he knew from some time before--the blue cloth he had was from her dress, and he wore it into battle like a good knight should!) but she recognized that his undead servitude was much like the chains put on her by the Pact mages. The Nord probably had some idea what the cloth was too; cleaning his axe with it was the perfect act of a victorious barbarian who would "crush his enemies... hear the lamentation of their women..."

I really liked the last part of the cinematic! The scene of the Breton knight's demise was stirring.

I think SHE is the lost love. The way he touched her hand when he passed his sword or knife to her seemed to me they knew each other prior to all this. Plus if you look at the image of the woman, her hair is dark, reddish in tint. I so want to know the full story!

Plus wasn't it the Nord who put the mage in chains? Or at least was her captor.

Edited by VirtualElizabeth on February 6, 2015 7:19PM
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    BRAVO! Great "Cinematic Trailer: Three Fates" :) i liked every minute of it, right from the hellacious Werewolves at the start, all the way through on to the very end with the ever so life-like looking High Elf Sorceress surveying all below from above upon the cliffs...Fantastic! :)
    STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
    http://storm-cats.weebly.com/
    [Snowsong is using ROG G752VS on NA server.]
  • DeaconFrost
    DeaconFrost
    ✭✭
    Epic trailer... I really really love cinematics when done beautifully and this one is at the top of the list I've seen. I truly hope Zen keeps putting them out and I'd love to see a full movie made one day. Maybe in 10+ years? Then again, Blizzard is still working on theirs for Warcraft lol

I think it would draw more people into the game if cinematic storylines following each of the three factions were to come out...We've seen the demise of 2 of the 3 characters in this culmination, so how about a "prequel" showing their background stories?
  • nolankotulan
    Could we have some news from ZOS about the possibility to download some higher resolution version of these videos?
  • MaxB
    MaxB
    Epic trailer... I really really love cinematics when done beautifully and this one is at the top of the list I've seen. I truly hope Zen keeps putting them out and I'd love to see a full movie made one day. Maybe in 10+ years? Then again, Blizzard is still working on theirs for Warcraft lol

yeah full movie will be awesome! may be even trilogy.
  • PittClass94
    PittClass94
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the best trailers of the story I'm serious.
    You should make a movie.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After seeing the epic Warcraft movie I would love a Elder Scrolls movie with all the lore, magic and mastery that ES brings!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking back at these trailers I remember how excited I was.
    Only to realize the trailers had nothing to do with anything.
    Sure, there are three alliances in a war and there is a Daedric invasion underway.

Great looking trailers though, but I think everyone would've wanted a trailer that had something to do with the game :p
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a necro... xD

But tbh every game trailer has nothing to do with the game itself. It is always only for advertising purposes. Those of ESO capture the atmosphere of the game at least. That's enough for me and I don't expect more from a trailer... Trailer is not a gameplay. You don't want the trailer to be lagging as hell, do you? ;-)
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad the trailers are different from actual gameplay.... There's no Khajiit in the trailers!
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • LadyANNIKA
    LadyANNIKA
    Soul Shriven
    Can anyone tell me the complete Stort of thıs traıler from the fırst Scene tıl the End?
    I really want ro know because Im such a StoryLover and ı need to know...
    Who are these creatures? And why are they fıghtıng?

Thanks a lot guys