The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Plus ... Probably Not Worth It

• Aevric
    Aevric
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Relyk04 wrote: »
    Subbed players gain access to DLC automatically without spending crowns or additional cash, while non subbed players can pay for the DLC via cash or crowns. That is my understanding anyway.

You got it right. The debate here is about what happens if you stop subbing.

If you put your money into a sub, and then cancel it, you lose access to all DLC.
    If you instead put your money into buying DLC packs (and not sub), then you never lose any DLC access.

The question is, which one is more useful for you.

And alas, we won't know the answer to this until they start rolling out items and DLC in the shop, and whether the monthly stipend of Crowns for subscribers will cover the cost of all DLC zones/dungeons/raids/etc. plus spare for a few vanity items here and there. If it covers all of the DLC unlocking (for future use) with a bit left for vanity items, I have no problem with the changes.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you will still be able to play all the DLC you alrady have. And if you stop the sub you can just buy the single content you like.

But keep the sub and it all will be like now. not reall much of a change.
  • WhiteTigre
    WhiteTigre
    ✭✭✭
    I play and sub in SWTOR and they have similar setup. If you sub you get an extra crafting/farming line. when buy items from in game vendors you pay less if you are sub, etc. So they try and make it worth your while to sub. But is your choice if you want to or not. SO before trashing this idea see if works for you. Then make decision afterwards.

Only thing I do not like about this is that new players coming in will ask for help with gold, help with quest that are soloable, Players are not willing to grind up there toons then complain when they get to cold habour at level 40 that they cannot kill Molag Bal . Some can be very rude, but you get that in subs as well.

But if you are prepared to put up with crap then do not trash it, some players who will not sub at 1st could also be very nice and willing to grind up and etc.

The only thing I do not like about this game is all the bugs that have not been ironed out
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ESO+ bonuses are laughable

- I know all the traits, I don't need a 10% research boost
    - I am master in each profession, I don't need a 10% inspiration boost.

All this Tamriel unlimited thing came too suddenly. I think, I haven't really realized it yet.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Wulfgren
    Wulfgren
    ✭✭
    I will continue to sub and buy some fun extras in the store with the reward crowns and have an awesome time playing the game until that time.

It definitely is scary...
    IF the moon is full and saturn is in retrograde...I don't get it...sub and play..if ya get bored...stop...there is no firm prices on anything

...so Keep Calm and Play ESO...

this "chicken little - sky is falling" that people make it out to be is just a waste of time and energy. The game is far better than WOW and any others that I have played...

If Zenimax ruins this game and its potential...it is their's to lose...until then so meh..whateves...where is the shineys???
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wulfgren wrote: »
    I will continue to sub and buy some fun extras in the store with the reward crowns and have an awesome time playing the game until that time.

It definitely is scary...
    IF the moon is full and saturn is in retrograde...I don't get it...sub and play..if ya get bored...stop...there is no firm prices on anything

...so Keep Calm and Play ESO...

this "chicken little - sky is falling" that people make it out to be is just a waste of time and energy. The game is far better than WOW and any others that I have played...

If Zenimax ruins this game and its potential...it is their's to lose...until then so meh..whateves...where is the shineys???

In a cash shop, apparently.
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heishi wrote: »
    Aevric wrote: »
    Count on a lot of people NOT paying for ESO Plus subscription.
    Why? If you do and eventually want to cancel your subscription and still play the game, NO DLC will be available to you. Zero. As per the new FAQ, you'll have to purchase it all, no matter if it was implemented the day after the switch to Tamriel Unlimited or many months/DLCs later.
    Unless you plan on saving most (if not all) of your monthly allotment of Crowns, you'll be paying for DLC twice, if you ever decide to cancel Plus and continue to play.
    The logical option seems to be to cancel your subscription before Tamriel Unlimited is launched and save your cash to just purchase DLC as it's introduced. The "incentive" of 10% additional xp/gold is laughable for the monthly cost.

Might just be me, but I don't quite understand the problem. In the current sub based model, if your sub end, you lose access to all content until you resub.

With the B2P model they are going with if your sub runs out you lose all content except the base game

It's virtually identical except you can still keep playing some stuff in the new model.

Personally, I hope that it works more like GW2 where as long as you log in when the content is launched you have it and can go back to it at anytime. If not, keep paying sub and pretend nothing changed except they added a cash shop which you're given currency for each month.

The major difference will be the huge change in player base.

Finally someone who gets it.
  • Bunndale
    Bunndale
    Grunim wrote: »
    Bunndale wrote: »
    I subscribed to ESO Plus a few days ago and I received 2000 Crowns, but how can I check and see if the XP & Gold bonus is active? I didn't get any sort of notification in the game...?

Wow what a necro!

To answer your question, check your character affects. Active ESO Plus membership shows up under character affects.

LOL Thank you for the help!! I just did a search in the search box and didn't check the date... whoopsies
    Edited by Bunndale on December 30, 2015 7:58PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I subscribed to ESO Plus a few days ago and I received 2000 Crowns, but how can I check and see if the XP & Gold bonus is active? I didn't get any sort of notification in the game...?
    Might have been better to start a new thread rather than necro this one from a year ago, but regardless you can check by going to your character screen (if you're on PC hit "C" to bring it up). Under Active Effects you should see one called ESO Plus Member.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow what a necro!

To answer your question, check your character affects. Active ESO Plus membership shows up under character affects.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of it. I go to Wrothgar and IC all the time, I put the 1500 monthly crowns to good use, and love the 10% XP boost. It's a no brainier for me but if you don't have any use for crowns or the DLC then I could understand the other side