The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZoS explains F2P in twitch stream

Pancake-Tragedy
Pancake-Tragedy
✭✭✭✭✭
Stream is up now.

Just posting this here in case anyone was unaware.
Edited by Pancake-Tragedy on January 21, 2015 5:29PM
Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And failed to even mention PvP.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may actually save the game. It will bring people unwilling to pay $15 a month back... which can only benefit PvP.

I just hope it's impetus isn't corporate greed, a la squeezing as much as possible from a dying game, and is instead an attempt to keep it going for the player base's sake.

(I suppose it could be both).
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    This may actually save the game. It will bring people unwilling to pay $15 a month back... which can only benefit PvP.

I just hope it's impetus isn't corporate greed, a la squeezing as much as possible from a dying game, and is instead an attempt to keep it going for the player base's sake.

LOLOLOLOL
    OMG
    LOLOLOLOL

PvP is the first to suffer in a F2P/B2P game.
    Instead of AP being sold for gold it's going to be farmed harder and sold for Crown. Turning it into P2W.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm, Crowns aren't exchangeable for gold.
    Edited by Grim13 on January 21, 2015 6:00PM
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kraven wrote: »

LOLOLOLOL
    OMG
    LOLOLOLOL

PvP is the first to suffer in a F2P/B2P game.
    Instead of AP being sold for gold it's going to be farmed harder and sold for Crown. Turning it into P2W.

Apparently the Crown system will be completely isolated to a players account and can't be traded between players. Matt Firor also stressed that crowns cannot be converted into gold.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt Firor also stressed that crowns cannot be converted into gold.

As a master blacksmith, I beg to differ.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gift shop items are always non tradable at first . Till the F2P community cries hard enough . They will be tradable in little time . You can't stop a F2P community once it starts . They will make fun of everyone that ever paid to play this game and demand more and more from ZoS to keep them here "free" . An just like every F2P MMO , ZoS will give in to their demands . Mark my words an check this thread in a year .
    Edited by Roechacca on January 21, 2015 6:35PM
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    We should all just quit now. Roechacca, you go first. We'll be right behind you.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?

The point is I'm pissed that game mechanics won't allow me to have a high enough proficiency in smithing to be able to convert one form of currency to another. That is literally what I'm actually annoyed with.
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fruitdog wrote: »
    We should all just quit now. Roechacca, you go first. We'll be right behind you.

I'll quit when I'm good and ready . My account is paid up till March from gift cards gifts at Christmas . I already unsubbed my credit card .
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    Gift shop items are always non tradable at first . Till the F2P community cries hard enough . They will be tradable in little time . You can't stop a F2P community once it starts . They will make fun of everyone that ever paid to play this game and demand more and more from ZoS to keep them here "free" . An just like every F2P MMO , ZoS will give in to their demands . Mark my words an check this thread in a year .

You give this game a year, how generous of you!
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You give this game a year, how generous of you!

I give it a year because ZOS is so slow it's gonna take a year to shut it down .
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?

The point is I'm pissed that game mechanics won't allow me to have a high enough proficiency in smithing to be able to convert one form of currency to another. That is literally what I'm actually annoyed with.

So than you admit you're wrong...
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?

No, why would I admit to something like that? I guess there's no point to being sarcastic on the internet if people are going to be willfully oblivious to it.
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?

No, why would I admit to something like that? I guess there's no point to being sarcastic on the internet if people are going to be willfully oblivious to it.

You didn't use the sarcasm font.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?

You didn't use the sarcasm font.

*looks for font*
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?

lol "willfully oblivious" to something known to be poorly transferred via text.

Type a poorly thought out response... claim it was sarcasm when called on it.

failed_stamp.gif
    Edited by Grim13 on January 21, 2015 7:33PM
  • adamastorx
    adamastorx
    ✭✭

?
    It was a joke. :smiley:
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adamastorx wrote: »

?
    It was a joke. :smiley:

..than he's not very funny, is he.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?

failed_stamp.gif

q3ohLtD.gif
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?

failed_stamp.gif

q3ohLtD.gif

Nah, just bored.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?

Level your alchemy and all your problems will be over
    The Legendary Nothing
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if profits drop due to b2p then the suits will force devs into p2w no matter what the devs say.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Having 50 in all crafting skills, I also beg to differ.

The reason Tri-Pots sell for 13k a stack is flowers you need to make them go for 150-200 gold.

As soon as I can buy those mats with crowns, then sell the pots I'm essentially turning crowns into gold.

I guess they didn't think this all through very well when they made the "crowns can't get turned into gold" statement.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitdog wrote: »

This is close to be being my favorite post ever. ;)
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »

Having 50 in all crafting skills, I also beg to differ.

The reason Tri-Pots sell for 13k a stack is flowers you need to make them go for 150-200 gold.

As soon as I can buy those mats with crowns, then sell the pots I'm essentially turning crowns into gold.

I guess they didn't think this all through very well when they made the "crowns can't get turned into gold" statement.

The didn't say anything about mats and said the potions would be inferior to player made.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If ZOS said I was cool , I'd still go out and three reliable sources to confirm it at this point ...
  • CrazedDark
    CrazedDark
    ✭✭
    If ZOS said I was cool , I'd still go out and three reliable sources to confirm it at this point ...

Someone needs a hug. :open_mouth:
    VR 14 Nord Templar Nils of the Gylander
    VR 1 Dark Elf Sorc Lazarus of the Fallen
    VR 7 Dark Elf DK Crazed of the Dark

Phoenix Rising

"For the Pact."