gimpdrb14_ESO
gimpdrb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
why are these against the CoC?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trade posts are not against the rules, but spamming them is, if you are sending them out every couple of minutes, that's the problem.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    well i made a post asking to buy something and it got removed saying it was against the CoC
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well unless you were spamming out want to sell messages, or others were, I really can't see a problem, after all zone chat is for a variety of purposes.

We ask for help, we ask for groups, we advertise stuff we want to sell/buy, we talk, we ask about various pieces of gear.

The list goes on.

And unless you are spamming, or rude is usually ok.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks. Posting trade posts (things like WTB, WTS, etc.) is not a violation of our Code of Conduct, but we do call out in the introductory post to the Crafting section that these types of posts will be removed. The reason for this is that this section of the forums is intended for discussing crafting in ESO, as opposed to serving as a trading hub or place to find/advertise wares. Hope this helps clarify.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    so where would we post stuff like WTB or WTS or WTT?
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    so where would we post stuff like WTB or WTS or WTT?

How about… Zone or Guilds 1-5, in game?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey folks. Posting trade posts (things like WTB, WTS, etc.) is not a violation of our Code of Conduct, but we do call out in the introductory post to the Crafting section that these types of posts will be removed. The reason for this is that this section of the forums is intended for discussing crafting in ESO, as opposed to serving as a trading hub or place to find/advertise wares. Hope this helps clarify.

Oh, I thought the OP was talking about in game, not on the forums, thanks for clearing it up.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    im talking about on the forums
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Try a google search for ESO Trading forums and see if you can find a third party forum where it is not only allowed, but encouraged. TESOelite had a good forum, but when I just checked it, it was not working. I'm sure there's others.
    NA - DC - DK - PC