The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

two additions that would improve my experience

Akiho
Akiho
✭✭
There are two things that really bug me so far and im sure they will have been brought up before, however I'm going to mention them as it's really annoying to me.

First off let players centre the camera, having my player set to the left and the aim reticle centre is a huge pain in the ass. This is made even worse with a small character as even with the camera panned out as far as possible it is still not central. This is easily the biggest issue i have with the game and would love to see the option added.

And second, the option to remove specific skill points instead of having to pay a fortune to remove all, As it stands when you're just starting out and have neither the gold to do so, or a decent knowledge of how certain skills will work is a huge pain and impossible to change when your at low level. And it's far too easy to create problems if you don't balance your magika/stamina skills. Not an issue in later game but for noobs it can be a problem.

Rant over :)
Edited by Akiho on January 19, 2015 12:14PM
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My camera is central to my character, or as near as makes no odds, and while I don't disagree with your request here it's not a big deal as I see it.

As for skill respecs, my initial thought was that as well, however you don't need to respec early on, there are plenty of points you can get to allow you to experiment (at level 10 my characters now go out and get somewhere between 20 and 30 depending on their faction and their luck with other players in the world) and by the time you've decided upon you major spec you'll have more than enough gold to pay: and that doesn't need any trading at all, simply questing and vendoring drops.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on January 19, 2015 2:24PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akiho wrote: »
    There are two things that really bug me so far and im sure they will have been brought up before, however I'm going to mention them as it's really annoying to me.

First off let players centre the camera, having my player set to the left and the aim reticle centre is a huge pain in the ass. This is made even worse with a small character as even with the camera panned out as far as possible it is still not central. This is easily the biggest issue i have with the game and would love to see the option added.

And second, the option to remove specific skill points instead of having to pay a fortune to remove all, As it stands when you're just starting out and have neither the gold to do so, or a decent knowledge of how certain skills will work is a huge pain and impossible to change when your at low level. And it's far too easy to create problems if you don't balance your magika/stamina skills. Not an issue in later game but for noobs it can be a problem.

Rant over :)

The worst part about skill point reset is that you have to put 95% of the points back afterwards, by clicking 200+ times everywhere. That's not really user-friendly.

Wololo.
  • Akiho
    Akiho
    ✭✭
    I know the player being on the left of the screen might not seem much of a problem to some as i know many rpg games do this nowadays I guess I'm just used to it being more central and it will probably take a while for me to get used to it.

As for respec costs il just have to make do for now.