The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Would it be possible to scale all areas to level 50 with the introduction of cp's?

Rioht
Rioht
✭✭✭
I bring this up for one reason really. I want to continue exploring/playing within my home realm.

When I started ESO I did a random roll of the dice for my race/alliance and ended up with a Breton/DC character. Lucky me, because I fell in love with the DC realms and thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent there.

Well fast forward ahead, and I am now vr12 working my way through Caldwell's gold. Personally I am not too fond of the AD zones, I know there's those that disagree, and that's why there's 3 realms:).

However, as a VR player I am limited (by reward through xp/items) to only the 2 realms of which I did not choose as my home. It seems strange to me, that as a DC hero, I have little to no incentive to play the game in that area.

IMO it would be amazing to see all zones open up in the endgame (following completion of Caldwell's gold?) So that we can truly enjoy all of the content ESO has to offer. I think the introduction of CP's would be a perfect time to make such a move, as all content will already be scaling to lvl50ish (working with limited info of course).

Thoughts? Nods of agreement?
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see a level 50 equivalent of home faction zones as well, with new level 50 quests. There's plenty to work with and it would give us more reasons to go "home" again.

Also, some of us didn't get the collectibles associated with faction- specific creatures because we are now over leveled for our home zones and while I love my alts, it would be nice to have a way to get them without having to reroll alts in those factions.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You used to get decent VPs for going back and doing stuff in your home alliance once you reach VR Rank. I think you still do get some Exp, but it's not as much. It will be interesting to see with CPs.

I am thinking about leveling my Templar up to 50 and doing as little as possible quest wise, but I will have to wait for the PTS to see what kind of post 50 gains the CP system gives in home alliances.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since they're getting rid of Veteran stuff altogether in update 1.7, it's for sure they're bringing everything down to level 50 that's currently above it.
    At least I hope they do...
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    So your asking for more upper level quests be added to all factions? That is a good idea. I thought you where talking about mob balance in the same zone. For instance if you go on test and make a VR12 character right outside the town there are two groups on mobs. One is a group of hounds the other is a group of Wasps, if you fight the hounds first then the wasps you will notice how ridiculously hard the wasps are. It will be interesting to see once VR level goes away how wide the discrepancy will be between the level 50 mobs.
    Options
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    Well since they're getting rid of Veteran stuff altogether in update 1.7, it's for sure they're bringing everything down to level 50 that's currently above it.
    At least I hope they do...

Yes, but the issue is anything below level 50 (I.e. your entire home realm) offers no xp or items outside of quests which are also far below being considered a reward.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see where you're coming from, but I'm wondering about implementation.

Would this create a separate instance for Level 50 characters in the home alliance? Otherwise, how will beginner toons work their way up through the zone.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Would this create a separate instance for Level 50 characters in the home alliance? Otherwise, how will beginner toons work their way up through the zone.

I think it will as everything is adjusted up in level when you are doing Caldwell's silver/gold so they could use the same functionality to create a separate "instance" with the higher level mobs and NPC's.
    Options
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

It could still be the same instance. One strategy that I have seen used in Destiny (cringe) is capping the damage/damage resistance higher level players gain against lower level mobs.

I.e. at lvl7 you do 100% damage and have normal armor against a level 7 mob.
    At level 8 you do 95%damage and have 95% normal armor rating.
    At level 9 you do 90% damage and have 90% normal armor rating.
    (-5% per level until you cap at 50% or whatever makes the content playable similar to a level 7).
    So when you return as a VR player you would be doing 50% DMG and have only 50% armor rating.

Obviously this is just an example of how other games have done something similar, and would have to be completely redesigned for ESO. Or, a completely different system such as a different instance or w/e.

Options