The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Punishment for crimes?

randolphbenoit
randolphbenoit
✭✭✭✭
What happens when the fine is higher than what you can pay? Do they take all the money and stolen goods? Or...

Would you like see players put in stocks in the place they caught for 30 min?

stocks.jpg?t=1421193097
the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder about the fine as well. If you don't have the gold on you, is it taken from the bank? If not, people will just bank all their gold. If you don't have enough in either place, what happens?

I'll be excited to see more info about the Justice system.
    Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
    Options
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they would need a whole lot of stocks in that case. Whole fields full of them.
    Options
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't pay the fine you may get a ERROR CODE:187 causing ESO crash, reboot your PC and spank you for not having enough gold. Or maybe you just have to kill the guards and run away. Either way works.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
    Options
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't pay the fine you may get a ERROR CODE:187 causing ESO crash, reboot your PC and spank you for not having enough gold. Or maybe you just have to kill the guards and run away. Either way works.

Pretty sure I read that the guards aren't going to be killable. So that would leave running away, I suppose.
    Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they would need a whole lot of stocks in that case. Whole fields full of them.

But then we can throw old vegetables and rotten fruit at them! The stocks can be also a cool emote. If your a criminal and caught I like see you in chains or at least where everyone one knows your a criminal because you failed to get away lol
    Edited by randolphbenoit on January 23, 2015 4:15PM
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    If they follow the Skyrim model - which is exactly what they are doing because why would you reinvent the wheel - perhaps you will go to prison and have to break out. You will also have all your goods confiscated.
    Options
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    A gold fine for MURDER? Are you kidding? Players will be killing NPCs left and right with no repercussions unless there is a significant penilty, like prison (or stock) time, and I don't mean 30 minutes!

Trolls will destroy the game unless the Justice system has teeth.
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    istateres wrote: »
    A gold fine for MURDER? Are you kidding? Players will be killing NPCs left and right with no repercussions unless there is a significant penilty, like prison (or stock) time, and I don't mean 30 minutes!

The PvP system will be the teeth. I'm not sure what additional teeth will be added for people who try to get out of paying their fine by just being broke all the time.

I'd love to see some sort of jail system, but it's not happening in an MMO.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 hour game time be prison/jail/chains/stocks time. Where are the jails/prisons in ESO?

Options
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭

Key NPCs will be unkillable, thus untrollable. Likely just random vendors will be killable and will respawn quickly.
    Options
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭

The PvP system will be the teeth. I'm not sure what additional teeth will be added for people who try to get out of paying their fine by just being broke all the time.

How is PvP teeth? If you mean players being guards, that will NOT be in update 6. If you mean Guards attacking you, and or killing you, so what! How is that teeth? How does that deter you and your friends from trashing a market place, town, etc.?
    Options
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    1 hour game time be prison/jail/chains/stocks time. Where are the jails/prisons in ESO?

They are likely in the guard towers in the major towns. We don't have access to many of them currently.
    Options
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... I'd love to see some sort of jail system, but it's not happening in an MMO.

Archeage. Players were jailed for several hours. Those were hours logged in not logged off and waited until the next day. I'm curious how ESO will handle player punishment.
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is PvP teeth? If you mean players being guards, that will NOT be in update 6. If you mean Guards attacking you, and or killing you, so what! How is that teeth? How does that deter you and your friends from trashing a market place, town, etc.?

I'm aware that PvP isn't coming in 1.6, but it's going to be added to the system in the next phase. And PvP is teeth because roving packs of guards will make your life miserable if you continually get seen committing crimes.

And I'm sure that the inconvenience of losing all your stolen loot/gold and repeatedly dying to the unkillable guards is going to be enough to deter people from going on visible killing sprees after the first few days.

More importantly: who cares? Essential NPCs will not be killable, so there's nothing that will affect you if you don't want to participate.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm aware that PvP isn't coming in 1.6, but it's going to be added to the system in the next phase. And PvP is teeth because roving packs of guards will make your life miserable if you continually get seen committing crimes.

And I'm sure that the inconvenience of losing all your stolen loot/gold and repeatedly dying to the unkillable guards is going to be enough to deter people from going on visible killing sprees after the first few days.

More importantly: who cares? Essential NPCs will not be killable, so there's nothing that will affect you if you don't want to participate.

Fair points. Are we SURE guards are unkillable (basically essential NPCs)? Who isn't essential, because any NCP running a store or involved in a quest would be essential in my mind. If so, that leaves very few NPCs who are killable!
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair points. Are we SURE guards are unkillable (basically essential NPCs)? Who isn't essential, because any NCP running a store or involved in a quest would be essential in my mind. If so, that leaves very few NPCs who are killable!

Yes, guards will be unkillable in the first phase of the system. They will be killable once the PvP elements are added.

And you should pay more attention in town. There are plenty of NPCs who aren't merchants or quest-givers.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that you get put in a jail for 5 minuets, then you are release into a court yard where you have to kill rats to find a key to get back into the world. When killing the rats, all yours skills are locked out and you have to punch them.
    Options