The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Using an addon and requesting a little feature?.. leave a comment

Ayantir
Ayantir
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

As addon author and maintainer for some addons, feel free to ask features here if you don't go to esoui (95% of addon devs are here!) . I'll try to answer :)

Maybe if some other devs want to join, no problem at all, just say what addon you coded and little desc?.. For many of us, we prefer a little comment on our addons page, but official forums can be a good start :)

You can also talk about other addons, like the most popular ones, I'll try to translate for devs :) But please, only request features in already existing addons here, thanks.

Because, yes, we already got our request "pro-askers spammers" for non existing addons, and to talk about authors, I think we're less than ever and with a huge part of our game time dedicated to code, but feel free to ask feature in existing addons! If it's quick we generally add them without a problem. We are lucky that ESO is moddable and for a lot of us, coding is part of fun :)

so here's mines..

First, I coded ..

pChat... there's not a lot of Chat addons. plenty of options to configure chat. Devoted to be a "chat" addon and help to give you a better experience for all chat. if you think something should be added in chat, feel free to ask.

I also coded pNames. a smaller chat addon (included in pChat) which replace @account by character names in chat. I don't like UserIDO in a "roleplaying game". Alsmost anything to add here.

GuildNotificator is another little addon I wrote. It show you a message in chat when a guildmate logs in / out. think there's not really a lot of thing to add here.

Cyrosiege was a request of a friend who forgets to buy its camps and balistas when he was talking to a NPC. this one buy automatically siege stuff in cyrodiil. But I think some other addons buy "general stuff"

MultiCraft is intended to help you to masscraft. I already have plans for it but not a lot of time for it. a little slider and you can make 200 potions. Hey Zos, your 1.5 patchs makes me crazy with this one. some features already asked , but maybe others?

I also wrote CraftCompare.. no in fact I only tried to maintain it, but this one got a lot of bugs, but it works quite nice. it show you what you are wearing actually when you are crafting something. a lot of code clean needed here, maybe some improvemeents?.. just ask.

CMLD for crafting material level display was useful at the beginning of eso, a little less now, but still useful.

DelMyMail is a very little addon made for myself who didn't liked the new 1.4 mail deletion popup. I won't add any feature here, but some other addons are intended to give you same experience with removing some boring notifications, popups and more, just look at "No thank you" in esoui.

I also updated Fatstacks, an old guild bank stacker which still works(!) but also Roomba because my guildmates cannot live without it. for this one, I already got features in my mind too.

And there's also GuildChat, a forgotten one. But I swear, a day, i'll look at it. if you are using it, just ask, i'll get a look.

I'm also trying to build up some other very useful addon but for now I keep it for me :) maybe in a later post I'll talk about it when it will be finished :smile:

I finished!

Hope you enjoy our work :)
Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    I've written a few.

My first addon was Feed An Army, which adds a "Craft All" button to the Provisioning window. I also use Multicraft, but I still find it nice to have "Craft All" on a separate keybinding. Perhaps this could be added to Multicraft, so I could retire FaA????

Account Balancer shows your bank and bag space and banked and bagged gold at the same time, while you are banking. Also works with guild banks.

I've also made a bunch of fishing addons, because I got hooked. Bait Counter adds a quantity to the label showing the type of bait on your hook.

Rare Fish Tracker shows you which rare fish you have caught in your current zone, and tracks your progress toward that zone's fishing achievement.

Catch and Release dates back to before rare fish showed up in your inventory (and loot logger). It turns off auto-loot only for fishing holes. It's no longer needed for its original purpose, but I still maintain it in case people still like to use it.

I've written another one for obsessive achievement hunters that's nearing release.

I also maintain some addons for people who've left the game.

Research Assistant shows whether you need to research the traits on items in your inventory.

Sous Chef displays info about recipes in your inventory, cross-references provisioning ingredients in your inventory with the recipes you know, and displays info about ingredients you know how to use.

Weapon Charge Alert pops up a little window when your weapon enchantment charge gets low.

Combat Log Statistics...displays a combat log and some statistics about your skill usage. Also has a DPS meter.

Lost Treasure displays treasure map locations on the player map and compass. Includes (most) crafting writ surveys.

Addon Clearer adds "Select All" and "Select None" buttons to the addon selection window.

My personal policy is, I don't write or volunteer to maintain an addon that I don't use in my own gameplay. It makes development and testing easier, and helps keep my helium hand in check :-)
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • Valije
    Valije
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to ask for a feature in pchat: Preventing the background of chat window to fade.

There is an option in the plugin itself to prevent text fade that says for BG can be done in the social options, but I don't have that option.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, and yes, ZOS disabled this feature in latests patchs. I will see if I can implement it back. Thanks katkat, his addons are very useful for me too :)
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
  • Valije
    Valije
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I noticed your comment in esoui too.

"For 1.19 I'll see into the background fading option disabled by ZOS, if I can re-enable it. Maybe others features ? Just ask. I will also release 1.19 after next eso patch will be released, because my others addons need love. But for all bugs introduced with 1.18 I'll try to fix them as quick as possible."

Thanks for your efforst. I've been using pchat since the beginning.
  • Ashilstra
    Ashilstra
    Soul Shriven
    For the issue with the chat box fade not working, they goofed and broke it. Here's a piece of code for a fix:
    -- BUGFIX: This fixes an issue where the Chatbox Transparency slider is broken due to a small mistype. Copied and fixed out of "ingame\optionspanels\optionspanel_social_shared.lua" lines 162-174.
    do  
      local function OnSliderChanged(sliderControl, value, eventReason)

GetControl(sliderControl:GetParent(), "ValueLabel"):SetText(value)
          CHAT_SYSTEM:SetMinAlpha(value / 100)
      end

-- We aren't going to try to hook the ZO_OptionsPanel_Social_InitializeMinAlphaControl function and instead just apply the fix when this file is read.
      local control = Options_Social_MinAlpha 
      local data = control.data -- did not exist in the official file

GetControl(control, "Name"):SetText(GetString(data.text)) -- changed from control to data
      GetControl(control, "Slider"):SetMinMax(data.minValue, data.maxValue) -- changed from control to data
      GetControl(control, "Slider"):SetValueStep(1)
      GetControl(control, "Slider"):SetHandler("OnValueChanged", OnSliderChanged)
    end

• Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Good catch. This piece of code is something to see for @ZOS_ChipHilseberg.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • ZOS_ChipHilseberg
    ZOS_ChipHilseberg
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for pointing this out. It was fixed internally and you should be seeing it in the next patch.
    Staff Post
  • Ashilstra
    Ashilstra
    Soul Shriven
    Good to hear. :)
    Btw @ZOS_ChipHilseberg‌ , not to derail this thread, but I don't suppose you know if another bug got fixed that I sent in awhile back. The color picker doesn't properly display a grey color when first opened (when the rgb values are all x/x/x). Have a somewhat hacky fix for it sitting with the chatbox fix in my personal addon.
    Edited by Ashilstra on January 20, 2015 5:47PM
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I want most is some better representation of craftable gear to include disparity between male and female garb when looking at crafting menus.

If you would like I could burn some time crafting each of the gear pieces and photoshopping them down.

Almost have a level 50 female character and hopefully won't have to get vr14 with the 1.6 in pts.

Won't be at my computer for at least another week though.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Sasky
    Sasky
    ✭✭✭
    NotSo wrote: »
    What I want most is some better representation of craftable gear to include disparity between male and female garb when looking at crafting menus.

If you would like I could burn some time crafting each of the gear pieces and photoshopping them down.

Almost have a level 50 female character and hopefully won't have to get vr14 with the 1.6 in pts.

Won't be at my computer for at least another week though.

The good news is someone's already made a web site where you can preview gear by armor type, style, level, quality, and gender: http://eso-fashion.com/

Something like that doesn't port well to an addon, though. You can't use the 3D system at all, so it'd have to be static images. There, either the images are icon size and too small to be usefull or the addon would take hundreds of MB (possibly into the GB range). Plus updating to add new images would either be a full redownload or require a custom 3rd party program. It'd be nice if ZOS extended their dye preview to include locked dyes, preview any gear before craft, and preview from item link. That'd have to come from ZOS, though.
    Sasky (Zaniira, Daggerfall Covenant)
    Addons: AutoInvite, CyrHUD, Others
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    As it is now, I can't craft something on my male toon knowing what it will look like before my female toon gets it.

I was planning on small thumbnails to add to zos's current system.

I didn't know there was a database for that already, thanks for that.
    Edited by NotSo on January 20, 2015 7:08PM
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok I have another idea.

Ingame music playlists so I can have my own context sensitive music.

Hmm. . .
    Don't know if that's allowed or possible to implement but I might be able to just replace ESOs sound files locally.
    Edited by NotSo on January 20, 2015 8:48PM
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi. I think eso-fashion is a bit forsaken, but an ingame viewver could be nice to implement.

But as @SaskySasky said, it will need a lot of memory to correctly implement it.

There are more than 600 armors ingame and 150 dyes for each. and we only can use static pictures.

So sorry, not-doable
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok I'm back with a new Idea (simple).
    Would like to have a decimal to make my brain feel better about all the 10x numbers so that the new 20,000 health looks like 2,000.0 health, or just cut off that last number completely. Thank you.