The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I am in a money crisis.

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So I have recently bought a stack of potions. I used up all of these potions, and have no gold to buy a new stack, and am sucking in PvP due to it(my build lacks good self heal abilities)

A stack costs about 10-14K. I currently have 2K. the only way I make consistent gold is PvP "Rewards for the worthy's" which does not supply me with the necessary funds fast enough to keep stocked on potions(even if I sell the items in the reward boxes)

so what is a fast and easy way to make 10-14K so I can stay stocked up on potions? I don't normally go for "get rich quick schemes" but I really need a better way of making money:/ being a loyal pact PvPer is taking it's toll on me it seems.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Potions do not magically appear into guild stores, they are crafted with water and flowers. Go harvest and do some alchemy.

Also, less damage taken = fewer potions needed.
    Wololo.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Potions do not magically appear into guild stores, they are crafted with water and flowers. Go harvest and do some alchemy.

if only I was an alchemist.

bah, should have leveled it.

less damage=more potions is true, but one cant simply avoid all damage forever
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you can make VR5 foods, those are also a good way to earn cash. Ingredients are easy to come by, with a few exceptions. If you don't have to buy anything except grocer items, it's a cash cow.
    If you have a good inventory of runes, glyphs are another reliable money earner.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    If you can make VR5 foods, those are also a good way to earn cash. Ingredients are easy to come by, with a few exceptions. If you don't have to buy anything except grocer items, it's a cash cow.
    If you have a good inventory of runes, glyphs are another reliable money earner.

I suppose I can hoard and sell runes and glyphs then sell them all.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    check your mail ;)
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    So I have recently bought a stack of potions. I used up all of these potions, and have no gold to buy a new stack, and am sucking in PvP due to it(my build lacks good self heal abilities)

A stack costs about 10-14K. I currently have 2K. the only way I make consistent gold is PvP "Rewards for the worthy's" which does not supply me with the necessary funds fast enough to keep stocked on potions(even if I sell the items in the reward boxes)

so what is a fast and easy way to make 10-14K so I can stay stocked up on potions? I don't normally go for "get rich quick schemes" but I really need a better way of making money:/ being a loyal pact PvPer is taking it's toll on me it seems.

Grind crabs, sounds silly but I can make about 5k-6k in less than an hour doing it.
    Edited by Valen_Byte on January 14, 2015 2:23AM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Grind crabs, sounds silly but I can make about 5k-6k in less than an hour doing it.

what do you mean "grind crabs"?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well go harvest tons and tons of mats, and sell them (price them to sell), especially if your guild has a store.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I leveled Alchemy on a character from 5 to 50 in one evening. It helped that I had been farming alchemy nodes and had some stuff to grind on. Since most mushrooms, other than Namira's Rot are not useful in the potions that most people want, those are relatively cheap in the stores. They are also easy to find as they grow at the base of trees. If you need to, buy them. The only water that is really scarce is Filtered, so either pay through the nose for that, or stock up on L3 water when grinding up the levels.

But, if you turn on Keen Eye for Alchemy, and run some VR Instances of Zones, you can fill up your bags with Alchemy Ingredients in a short period of time. Some of those ingredients can be used to make Tri-Pots. The rest you can sell or grind up the skill with.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wander around your VR1 zone and blast mobs. Loot and sell everything. If you can handle the higher mob density in Craglorn or the public dungeons, then go there.

If you can spare 90 minutes or so, complete all of the quests in Bruma, Cheydinhal and Cropsford - all easily accessible by EP players. All of the loot, gold from mobs and quest gold will total 10K+. You will have some repair bills to lower that total, though.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can level alchemy very quickly. Waters are easy to get just traveling. Mats that don't get used sell cheaply. Just crank them out and sell to NPC. Only takes a few hours.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gather plants (alchemy reagents) and sell them on Guild Trader. Some of them go for 200 gold each.

Yep.. the same ones used in making your potions :)

Hollow City and Craglorn are good places to gather.
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farming all kinds of harvesting nodes in Upper Craglorn is also a pretty good earner. You can refine the raw goods you farm and sell the results. The upgrading materials sell pretty well and a stack of refined material can also fetch you about 3 times more selling it to another player instead of vendoring it.
    Next to that you have a small chance of finding some nirncrux, which can still fetch quite a nice sum. (I personally sold 2 for 12k each today)