The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Customized Crafting

Robbmrp
Robbmrp
✭✭✭✭✭
How many other crafters out there would like to be able to customize their gear more than just the normal style/trait/set?

For the future of ESO Crafting, I would like to be able to customize my gear so that people can have a unique piece of armor or weapon. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve ran by someone with almost the exact same armor I have on or made for someone else. Granted the dye stations help people customize their colors but how cool would it be to have a unique piece of armor someone else doesn’t have! Let’s expand the crafting abilities to more than just a click on a research and wait 30 days so you can create that 9 trait set.

Make these updates require some real work to obtain other than deconstructing 10,000 items or being able to just drop a skill point to get this perk. Let the requirement be based off the number of SET items made and improved to a minimum quality level blue and above and then the skill point can be entered. No regular crafted blue items or deconstructed items should count towards this perk. This will help only those dedicated to crafting.

Here are some examples of changes that I think would make for greater rewards in crafting.

Blacksmithing:

Metallurgy Skill increase:
• Add in one more level to Metallurgy allowing folding of ingots to make armor stronger. This will automatically require a reinforced trait while also allowing the addition of another trait. The ability to fold metals in weaponry would make them sharper automatically using a Sharpened trait which gives increased damage as well as allowing for another trait to be added.

Manipulation of Set Bonuses:
• Allow crafters to be able to manipulate Set Bonuses for the special crafted trait sets they can make. Leave the 5th set bonus as it is but allow us to be able to change the others like weapon/spell crits, plus magicka/health/stamina buffs. This could be done by a tier level + - selector with 3-10 choices for each bonus piece.

Armor Changes:
• Add spikes, studs, symbols or small chains to any armor by adding in more ingots. These would not add any armor value as they would be just a visual improvement. These could be done as a different crafted item and then attached to the armor. Since it’s not a bonus improvement it should still allow an enchantment to be applied. Allow only the creator of these to be able to attach them much like the reduction of tempers for those who’ve invested the time and skill point.

Clothing:
• Add in rope cords, symbols or small chains or other visual improvements. These could be made as a new craft able item and attached to the armor. Since it’s not a bonus improvement it should still allow an enchantment to be applied. Allow only the creator of these to be able to attach them much like the reduction of tempers for those who’ve invested the time and skill point.

Woodworking:
• Shield spikes or razor blades that damage when blocked. Selectable patterns for them in horizontal, vertical and diagonal patterns going from two spikes/blades up to six. The blades could be different as well, like jagged edges, straight edged or angled like those of the Daedric Shoulder piece. Allow only the creator of these to be able to attach them much like the reduction of tempers for those who’ve invested the time and skill point.
• Adding in more staff designs by adding more materials to the item, not just adding a new style motif.

Thoughts?
NA Server - Kildair
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I think the programming time to render every possible combination of craftable variables would be massive.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a nut about stuff like this. If they let me design my armor and weapons down to every stitch, inlay, and gem I'd be at it for hours. I'd settle for having all the styles up to the ones you know craftable. I like a lot of the low level styles better than the endgame styles.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People spending massive times doing anything on a P2P MMO is exactly what they want. One of the nice things about World of Warcraft as a crafter was being able to make things like shield spikes and weapon chains. We would also make items for other professions which isn't the case with ESO. Lets be able to customize things so that it doesn't feel like an assembly line production from making the exact same thing over and over again.

They need to change the end game content for crafters as the best items are not made by us, they are drops that are improved by us. I would rather create something than just improve it. And what if you could take that drop and not just make it legendary but add spikes or something else that makes it unique from another player. That would be a lot more rewarding that just clicking improve.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would rather have the option to craft high end gear that looks like some of the lower end. The racial versions have a few pieces that look great with the low level mats, and more than a few of us want that when crafting the top end gear.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Mountainrunnin3
    Question: can you craft armor with multiple traites?
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: can you craft armor with multiple traites?

I can craft up to 8 trait armor sets now for Light, medium and heavy armor if that's what your asking.

Currently you can only have 1 trait on any item in the game.
    NA Server - Kildair