The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weekly Maintenance

Drewschebag
Does it normally take over 4 hours? I just bought the game last night and I was excited to play it this morning but, the servers are down. I've played several MMOs and I've never seen 4+ hour maintenance. I'm just wondering if this is large amount of time is normal on this game. Thanks in advance.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either it's a big patch, or somethings gone horribly wrong with ZOS...
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Drewschebag
    Thanks for the quick reply :)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Announcement was posted that it was taking a little longer than usual. Check Recent Discussions.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Drewschebag
    That was still pretty vague but, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it will be up soon.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never, in all the maintenance updates, has ZOS given specific times. It's always a guesstimate. All we can do is have patience, and stayed tuned in to forum or twitter if not actively trying to log in. Someone always posts when server is back up.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Drewschebag
    I've been hanging around. I understand they have to upkeep the game, the 6 hour down time made for a poor initial experience is all. Bad timing by me lol
  • Srjon
    Srjon
    ✭✭
    WOW normally take's all day and most of the night.
    So 4hr's is good, And let's face it ESO is much better than WOW.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 hours for a WEEKLY maintenance is nothing. Since you are new OP, consider that we used to have bi-weekly maintenance and each time it took 4-6 hours plus the server was fairly messed up even after they came back up. As @Srjon also said, some other MMO's can be down for nearly the entire day each week, and WoW was one of the worst offenders in it's early years where there could be problems for a week or more after a small patch was pushed with the game nearly unplayable until they patched the patch.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played several MMOs and I've never seen 4+ hour maintenance. I'm just wondering if this is large amount of time is normal on this game. Thanks in advance.
    The biggest MMO in the world has a standard 8-hour downtime once a week (though some weeks they simply re-boot the servers) .. other MMOs run literally for weeks and even months without eve a re-boot (FFXI only usually comes down when SE apply content updates, so that's more than just 'maintenance').

In other words, there's no 'norm', for ESO it's 4 hours. FOr many months at the start of the game it was twice a week.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on January 13, 2015 8:13AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the 6 hour down time made for a poor initial experience is all. Bad timing by me lol

Most of us by now treat Monday mornings as a chance to look up from our desks and catch up on what has been going on in the real world.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Drewschebag
    I guess I was just used to SWTOR's convenient schedule. Love this game by the way, it was definitely worth the wait.