The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Allow to repair your own crafting sets for free

Exstazik
Exstazik
✭✭✭✭
Allow to repair your own crafting sets for free
Edited by Exstazik on January 11, 2015 10:47AM

Allow to repair your own crafting sets for free 50 votes

Yes
66%
WolfBane420_ESOGilvothWindshadow_ESODiviniusForestd16b14_ESOgstewart0413b14_ESOGrileenordragonsquarterb16_ESOCharadrasarchangelb16_ESO2penny-steelb16_ESOBushratpatrykplawskib16_ESORivan12Panda244duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESOPalidonAmbersongCypriot122Tigermonkey 33 votes
No
34%
TheLawAlmarielThe_Man_From_Stygiamartinhpb16_ESOVandrilDeLindsayJennifur_VulteeOurorborosIluvrienTarukmocktoRa1neWoolenthreadsSaskyMaxlofAaronMBMountainrunnin3 MAT_549 17 votes
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It won't happen, if they were going to let it happen, then we would get damage when we are hit, not when we hit the mobs.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, but we SHOULD be able to repair armor/weapons with the correct amount of materials that would be needed based on damage, and IF that character also has the appropriate Crafting level of said profession for the item that is damaged. I mean a COOK can fully repair my gear, why can't I with level 50 and Rank 9/9 in BS/Cloth/WW.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Any Master Craftsman in weapons or armor should be able to repair damaged weapons or armor. Heck they can make all levels of weapons and armor so why not be able to repair them. In addition, a Master Craftsman should be able to change any traits currently on any armor or weapons pieces found or created. I for one do not understand why there is not a crafting passive to do just that. The key here is have to be a Master Craftsman before you can repair.
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Money comes easy in this game and repairs cost nothing as is.
    Edited by TheLaw on January 11, 2015 8:35PM
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • The_Man_From_Stygia
    No
    Hmm, if you can create them yes that would make sense. You might need to visit the same crafting set area that you made it though... Right now it really doesn't cost much to repair things. I think most players will just cough up the gold and be on their way.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Hmm, if you can create them yes that would make sense. You might need to visit the same crafting set area that you made it though... Right now it really doesn't cost much to repair things. I think most players will just cough up the gold and be on their way.

Not cost much ok, I have had repair bills over 1k.

• Renwmn
    Renwmn
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be awesome to be able to repair your own armor, but I also believe that it should be at the right skill level and require materials and a crafting station. It would create another interesting aspect to crafting. I wouldn't even mind seeing another skill line for armor repair.
    Edited by Renwmn on January 12, 2015 4:27PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I should be able to repair the gear I made, I made it after all. Sure it should cost me materials to repair it. Or gold as the choice may be.

So:

To repair up to 20% damaged armor would take 30% of the original mats used to make it (exclusive of trait and style mats)
    To repair up to 30% damaged would take 40% of the mats used
    To repair to repair up to 50% damaged would take 60%
    More than 50% damaged would take 80%
    Broke Armor would need 100% of the original mats used.

Now these are numbers to chew on, but this is the idea.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    idk abut FREE, but we should be able to fix our own stuff.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Repairs are a gold sink, designed to keep stable economy.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Sasky
    Sasky
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Self-repair? Yes.
    Free? No

Require the tier higher in crafting (or level 50 and tier 9 materials for nightwood).
    Require base materials depending on how much it's damaged.

I don't think it should extend to requiring quality materials (except maybe green).
    Sasky (Zaniira, Daggerfall Covenant)
    Addons: AutoInvite, CyrHUD, Others
  • Mountainrunnin3
    No
    No because makes the game harder