The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Newly returned, looking for gear advise/help

bsmorrowb14_ESO
bsmorrowb14_ESO
✭✭✭
I could use some help. I've recently returned to the game and never had a good understanding of how to acquire gear. Since about level 30 I kept my nose in Cyrodiil and leveled via the dailies there and pvping. I'm V5 now and seemed to do ok with just the pvp reward mails. But now, I see loads of folks with 3000-4000 hps (I'm at 1900hp) and I die before I have time to react (typically 2 shots/stabs/pokes, etc..). Asking around I'm told I should get a crafted set. So I've found a guy that'll craft me a set, but he's asking me to provide him with specifics, traits, attributes, etc... I'm going for a stam heavy Sorc/Bow build and could use some advice or point me to where I can build out this set i need.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations
    The above link should tell you what set bonuses there are.

I would personally say focus on six and five trait sets, they have the best bonuses. Don't forget you have nine or eight pieces (seven pieces of armour plus one or two weapons(shields are counted as weapons for this)).

Now traits, if you are doing PVE then Reinforced for most armour. If you are doing PVP then Impenetrable is the trait to go for. This is because in PVE mobs don't get criticals, and in PVP people use sharpened. Divines is good if you have a good mundus stone (read up on which ones to go for), infused will give you better returns on enchantments. But for most pieces Reinforced or Impenetrable is the way to go.

Weapon enchants is trickier, but you only have one or two to worry about there, so exeriment and find what works for you.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AlexDougherty gives some good advice here. I was going to question his advice that the sets that require 5 or 6 traits are the best, but then I took a quick look at which sets require which number of traits, and realized that I largely agree with him (although Seducer is still a great set IMO, and it only requires 3 traits).

The bottom line is to look at which set gives you the best 5-item bonus for your build, and then look at how many other items you have available (so if you're using 2 weapons then you've got 4 more items available, while if you're using a weapon that takes up 2 hands you've only got 3 more items available), and look for a set with the lesser bonuses that make sense for your build - the 5-item bonus on this set doesn't matter!

It sounds like your main concern is how quickly you can get killed - for durability I personally like both the Song of Lamae and Vampire's Kiss sets as a main set (ie. the one you'll have 5 items for), and the Death's Wind as a secondary set, but that's just me.

One thing to keep in mind with the crafted sets is that most of the bonuses that they grant scale with the level of the crafted item, and with the quality of the item, so the actual amount of the bonus you get is unlikely to be the same as the bonus shown in the link Alex provided.
    Now traits, if you are doing PVE then Reinforced for most armour. If you are doing PVP then Impenetrable is the trait to go for. This is because in PVE mobs don't get criticals, and in PVP people use sharpened. Divines is good if you have a good mundus stone (read up on which ones to go for), infused will give you better returns on enchantments. But for most pieces Reinforced or Impenetrable is the way to go.

Weapon enchants is trickier, but you only have one or two to worry about there, so exeriment and find what works for you.
    I don't entirely agree with this part. For PvE I personally feel like Infused is the best trait on all armour, and more helpful than Reinforced. The rest I'd agree with though.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going for a stam heavy Sorc/Bow build and could use some advice or point me to where I can build out this set i need.

Easy, 5 Piece Hundings Rage/3-4 Piece Willows Path or Night Mothers Gaze.

Put all your Attributes into Health, and use Glyphs to boost Stamina. Although I am basing this on a Breton that has more natural magic.

For trait, run 4 divines and 3 infused for PvE, for PvP, your going to want 4 Impenetrable and 3 Infused. Put the 3 Infused on the Chest, Legs and Head.

Note, with 1.6, Staff abilities may not base from Weapon Damage, so the Hundings Rage may not be the set for the future.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I prefer to wear 3 or 4 sets of armour. Usually, because I'm using a Magicka base for my two preferred Alts, Torugs, Twilight, Seducer and Magnus which will give me two plus's of Magicka, one of Spell Crit and one of Spell Damage. With a Stamina Build I found it to be harder to mix and match though.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    @AlexDougherty gives some good advice here. I was going to question his advice that the sets that require 5 or 6 traits are the best, but then I took a quick look at which sets require which number of traits, and realized that I largely agree with him (although Seducer is still a great set IMO, and it only requires 3 traits).
    Plenty of good 3 trait sets, I wasn't dismissing them, I just have my favourites in the five and six trait sets.

I don't entirely agree with this part. For PvE I personally feel like Infused is the best trait on all armour, and more helpful than Reinforced. The rest I'd agree with though.

Fair enough, I can even see the logic, I will probaly end up the same on higher VR levels.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule